Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456

Default Re: Barnes bulks up for small ball

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    Now I ain't no expert here, but I think that a professional athlete can gain much more than the average Joe. The consensus is that most people cannot gain 15 pounds of muscle in 2 months or so. But I think for a top conditioned athlete, those rules don't apply. They can do double or triple the amount. Plus Barnes is 6 foot 8.

Read my Ronnie Coleman example before you make another dumb post.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
    Christian Bale absolutely took steroids between the conclusion of shooting the Machinist, and pre-production on BEGINS. In fact, he got too bulky for the start of filming, and was asked to slim down some and tone up to reflect a strong physique but toned like a martial artist. You can even see his weight fluctuating in the film in the cowl, as the movie isn't shot in sequential order.
    Christian Bale was "tempted" to take steroids.

The actor considered experimenting with the substances when he was trying to build up his physique for roles in 'Batman Begins' and 'American Psycho'.

He admitted: "I was lifting really heavy weights that I could never dreamof lifting now and probably never will again.

"A number of people have said, 'You could never have done that without some kind of steroids.' Not to say I wasn't tempted.

"When I was getting ready for 'American Psycho' I'd never been in a gym in my life and I was working out like crazy, so I thought, 'Maybe it ain't such a big deal, just take some 'roids' and I can speed up this whole process.' "

Christian was deterred from taking the drugs after being warned of potential side effects.

He explained: "I called up the store where they're selling that sort of stuff and asked, 'Have you used it? And side effects?' 'No no. I mean, really minimal. Your balls might shrink and you might get acne.' I'm like, there's no way in hell I'm going to touch anything like that and damn those who think I did."

While he shunned illegal substances to transform his appearance, Christian did undergo cosmetic dental work - which he still regrets.

He added to Esquire magazine: "When I did 'American Psycho' I did fix my very English teeth, which I miss dearly. But Bateman couldn't have had the teeth I had. I kept a mould of my old ones because I did like them and knew I'd miss them."

Local High School Star devin112's Avatar

[FONT="Lucida Console"]SHUT THE FUCK UP SHADY[/FONT]

National High School Star

A lot of you are pretty ridiculous. You realize the 5 factors for how fast muscle can be gained/the amount of muscle that can be gained are: training age, hormonal profile, muscle memory, supplements, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the (in the case of super athletes like a NBA player) genetics as it relates to the genetic bell curve of maximum muscle potential.

A super athlete is not in the normal 68% range. They are very likely that they 3rd standard deviation and are much more on the end of the spectrum that puts on muscle very easily.

For example, even assuming normal genetics like the rest of us, and using the Alan Aragon model:

Beginner 1-1.5% of total body weight per month
    Intermediate .5-1% of total body weight per month
    Advanced .25-.5% of total body weight per month

Let's say Barnes can do 1% per month that 2.3 pounds per month. More likely, given his genetic profile he can put on closer to 2% since he probably is beginner in terms of NBA level strength training. That's about 4.6 pounds of pure muscle a month. If he puts on 6 pounds of mostly muscle and a little fat then he easily hits that 12 pounds in two months.

I know the math/assumptions I'm making are a bit shoddy, but the point is that he is not in the norm of genetic profiles we use to talk about gaining muscle. He is clearly in the 3rd standard deviation and a weight training program would definitely let him get up 10-15 pounds of mostly muscle + a little fat.

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    Christian Bale was "tempted" to take steroids.

The actor considered experimenting with the substances when he was trying to build up his physique for roles in 'Batman Begins' and 'American Psycho'.

He admitted: "I was lifting really heavy weights that I could never dreamof lifting now and probably never will again.

"A number of people have said, 'You could never have done that without some kind of steroids.' Not to say I wasn't tempted.

"When I was getting ready for 'American Psycho' I'd never been in a gym in my life and I was working out like crazy, so I thought, 'Maybe it ain't such a big deal, just take some 'roids' and I can speed up this whole process.' "

Christian was deterred from taking the drugs after being warned of potential side effects.

He explained: "I called up the store where they're selling that sort of stuff and asked, 'Have you used it? And side effects?' 'No no. I mean, really minimal. Your balls might shrink and you might get acne.' I'm like, there's no way in hell I'm going to touch anything like that and damn those who think I did."

While he shunned illegal substances to transform his appearance, Christian did undergo cosmetic dental work - which he still regrets.

He added to Esquire magazine: "When I did 'American Psycho' I did fix my very English teeth, which I miss dearly. But Bateman couldn't have had the teeth I had. I kept a mould of my old ones because I did like them and knew I'd miss them."

Tempted,my a$$

He gained over 100+ pounds in under 6 months
    and 80 plus the second time in under 4 months

come on

Genetics,hard work,diet bull bull bull

Look at Tom Hardy who had to gain 40 pounds in 4 months
    and look at his back and all

and then look at how quickly bale went from small,averafe suze to jacked
    in an extremely sgort amount

Bale went from 120 to 230 in under 6 months
    then he went from 150 to 235 in 4-5 months time

come on

He didnt just gain 10-15,maybe 20-30 pounds of muscle no
    he gained over 45-60 pounds of pure muscle in under 6 months

come on

High School Varsity 6th Man WolfGang's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma
    You do realise that skin fold tests only determine subcutaneous fat? You would need to get a DEXA scan done to properly determine it.

Second of all, you are straight up lying if you think you actually gained 12lbs of pure muscle in 12 weeks. By saying what you have, you are telling me that your genetics allow you to gain muscle at 4x the rate of the average intermediate level lifter.

Let's apply your assertion a little more. Did you know Ronnie Coleman put on 40lbs in a 9 month off season between the 2002 and 2003 Mr Olympia? This is Ronnie Coleman, one of the greatest bodybuilders ever, who is on a huge amount of gear and has great genetics and a life completely devoted to bodybuilding, with the best trainers, facilities, supplements, food etc available to him. Even with all of that, Ronnie's 40lb gain was and is seen as phenomenal.

So what you're telling me is that in that same time frame, based on your 12lb gain over 12 weeks, you would be only slightly behind Ronnie Coleman in terms of muscle gained. You're saying that naturally, you were able to gain at almost the same rate as someone using basically all of the following:

Test cyp
    eq
    Tren Ace
    win
    anavar
    proviron
    HGH
    clen
    t3
    igf1lr3
    arimidex ED

To put it more simply, you are claiming to be an absolute genetic freak unrivaled by any other individual in human history. Yet people are really trying to say that it was possible for Barnes to naturally gain 10-15lbs of muscle in 8 weeks.
    Ronnie Coleman isn't a 6'8 giant. He is barely above average at 5'11.

Kobelicious

Quote Originally Posted by sundizz
    A lot of you are pretty ridiculous. You realize the 5 factors for how fast muscle can be gained/the amount of muscle that can be gained are: training age, hormonal profile, muscle memory, supplements, and MOST IMPORTANTLY the (in the case of super athletes like a NBA player) genetics as it relates to the genetic bell curve of maximum muscle potential.

A super athlete is not in the normal 68% range. They are very likely that they 3rd standard deviation and are much more on the end of the spectrum that puts on muscle very easily.

For example, even assuming normal genetics like the rest of us, and using the Alan Aragon model:

Beginner 1-1.5% of total body weight per month
    Intermediate .5-1% of total body weight per month
    Advanced .25-.5% of total body weight per month

Let's say Barnes can do 1% per month that 2.3 pounds per month. More likely, given his genetic profile he can put on closer to 2% since he probably is beginner in terms of NBA level strength training. That's about 4.6 pounds of pure muscle a month. If he puts on 6 pounds of mostly muscle and a little fat then he easily hits that 12 pounds in two months.

I know the math/assumptions I'm making are a bit shoddy, but the point is that he is not in the norm of genetic profiles we use to talk about gaining muscle. He is clearly in the 3rd standard deviation and a weight training program would definitely let him get up 10-15 pounds of mostly muscle + a little fat.

theres aint no way barnes is begginer

this is what begginner looks like

this is barnes pre-NBA body

he is intermediate at worst
    and this is before 1 year of the so-called NBA level training
    Last edited by VIntageNOvel; 08-02-2013 at 02:17 PM.

I hit open 5-foot jumpshots with ease

Quote Originally Posted by Big Cheese
    at 15 pounds of muscle in 2 months. I dont think yall realize how much ****ing muscle that is.

That's like strapping a bag of rice on your chest of pure muscle. To the average person, 40% of your body is muscle. So say I'm 200lbs, I'm roughly 80lbs of muscle. Adding 15lbs is adding roughly 18-19% of muscle to your body.

That's not possible under normal circumstances.....

but I like Barnes. I doubt he's the only guy doing it c'mon. F-ing Curry needs to get into that action. He's scrawny out there and will likely get injured again going up against these kind of players.
    Last edited by grantz; 08-02-2013 at 03:22 PM.

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Kuma
    You do realise that skin fold tests only determine subcutaneous fat? You would need to get a DEXA scan done to properly determine it.
    DEXA is just as inaccurate, hydration plays too much of a role as in hydrostatic weighing.

The numbers don't matter, point is it wen down. I could care less if it's 8 or 12, fact is it went down. Then onto the real point since anyone who trains (themselves or others) knows, the main focus is the actual skinfold measurements, not the BF percent. Skinfolds go down, BF in that area went down. But thanks for playing, sir.

Also, skinfold equations have been altered since DEXA technology has come out. For the majority of the population, their skinfold BF will fall in the margin of error of DEXA measurements.

Second of all, you are straight up lying if you think you actually gained 12lbs of pure muscle in 12 weeks. By saying what you have, you are telling me that your genetics allow you to gain muscle at 4x the rate of the average intermediate level lifter.

Let's apply your assertion a little more. Did you know Ronnie Coleman put on 40lbs in a 9 month off season between the 2002 and 2003 Mr Olympia? This is Ronnie Coleman, one of the greatest bodybuilders ever, who is on a huge amount of gear and has great genetics and a life completely devoted to bodybuilding, with the best trainers, facilities, supplements, food etc available to him. Even with all of that, Ronnie's 40lb gain was and is seen as phenomenal.

So what you're telling me is that in that same time frame, based on your 12lb gain over 12 weeks, you would be only slightly behind Ronnie Coleman in terms of muscle gained. You're saying that naturally, you were able to gain at almost the same rate as someone using basically all of the following:

Test cyp
    eq
    Tren Ace
    win
    anavar
    proviron
    HGH
    clen
    t3
    igf1lr3
    arimidex ED

To put it more simply, you are claiming to be an absolute genetic freak unrivaled by any other individual in human history. Yet people are really trying to say that it was possible for Barnes to naturally gain 10-15lbs of muscle in 8 weeks.
    See, you are proving your google smart, but not fitness smart.

Your ignoring programming and nutrition. Ronnie Coleman has been on elite level training and nutrition for years, so yes a 40lb muscles gain in 9 months is unheard of. Ten pounds going from average training and average nutrition to elite level training and nutrition makes a world of difference. If you don't believe that, then please stop posting and acting like you know what you're talking about.

I admitted it was 11 pounds of muscle and water, I don't think I would have had much more than 2 pounds extra of water weight so 9 pounds in 12 weeks. I could care less if you believe me or not, I have nothing to lie about, I was just sharing a personal experience that is semi-relatable.
    Last edited by ThickassGlasses; 08-02-2013 at 04:20 PM.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

barnes was already pretty jacked