Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Not airballing my layups anymore

Default Which NBA players do u study/watch YouTube highlights of to steal moves/work on game

I like to study the usual guys like Kobe bryant and his amazing footwork and fadeaways and Steve Nash for the way he passes and shoots floaters and runners off one foot since I'm not a big vertical guy like him.

But underrated guys to watch film of are Jamal Crawford and Kyrie Irving.

Crawford got one of the best crossovers and Kyrie is just ultra smooth and can finish with either hand.

I'm left handed so I also watch film of Lamar Odom and Michael Beasley and Zach Randolph for post moves.

A guy like Lamarcus Aldridge has some great post up moves too.

Default Re: Which NBA players do u study/watch YouTube highlights of to steal moves/work on game

Last edited by mobbdeep; 07-15-2012 at 08:58 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

Default Re: Which NBA players do u study/watch YouTube highlights of to steal moves/work on game

I watch a lot of brandon jennings, allen iverson, chris paul and tmac. I like BJ and AI for their speed and scoring. Chris paul just on how to run the pick and roll and his handle. And tmac because i like how effortless his jumper was in his prime.

Quote Originally Posted by C_lake2802
    I watch a lot of brandon jennings, allen iverson, chris paul and tmac. I like BJ and AI for their speed and scoring. Chris paul just on how to run the pick and roll and his handle. And tmac because i like how effortless his jumper was in his prime.
    I have never watched that much brandon Jennings since he isn't on national TV that much. I will watch some of his highlights and see what's up.

Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant.

One word: footwork.

Tim Hardaway

NBA Superstar

Picking at specific parts of each player's game, as opposed to attempting to copy all that they do:

Latrell Sprewell, Grant Hill: Strong attacks, simplicity in moves, willingness to eschew a lefty finish for strong finish.
    Sean Elliott: Jumpshot, slashing ability
    Steve Francis: Right to Left Fallaway - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJSFki2qsA#t=0m23s
    Manu Ginobili: Euro-step, bevy of other moves
    Tim Hardaway: In-and-Out to Cross: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ImQmIy1rZB0
    Last edited by Rake2204; 07-16-2012 at 10:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Picking at specific parts of each player's game, as opposed to attempting to copy all that they do:

Latrell Sprewell, Grant Hill: Strong attacks, simplicity in moves, willingness to eschew a lefty finish for strong finish.
    Steve Francis: Right to Left Fallaway - http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HOJSFki2qsA#t=0m23s
    I like those vids. Thanks. Yes the Francis fallaway move was sweet and the spin move too.

Hardaway's move was nice too, I will try to do that one also.

Learning to shoot layups

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204

Man stevie franchise on rockets was str8 ill back in the day, time sure does go fast!!

and that Tim Hardaway in and out was just ill

Quote Originally Posted by mobbdeep
    #Squad up. Jamal Crawford has the best crossover in the entire NBA.

Guys like Rubio and Steve Nash who aren't athletic freaks but kill opponents in other ways and are masters of coming off screens and screen and rolls. I like to study everyone, but the guys who play the way I feel I am capable of playing I study more. I study Kobe's post work too and his faceup game. I'm not going to blow by someone off the dribble but I can in triple threat so that gives me options from that position.

Serious playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by Pushxx
    Paul Pierce and Kobe Bryant.

One word: footwork.
    I try to watch Nash and Rubio for their craftiness, Rondo for his fakes. I've been trying to play under the basket more but I am under sized so I've been watching Rodman and Barkley as well.

Of course Jamal Crawford has my favorite move but as Pushxx says foot work is important. My feet were pretty slow when I did this video. I've been doing Insanity Asylum and I pull it off MUCH better now. Of course I'm older than most and have only been playing a few years so I still need a lot of work

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WKpqE...5&feature=plcp

I really don't like watching Blake Griffin highlights and dunks that much.

He does nothing that I can do and has no moves that I want to steal and study at all.

I' m a lefty so I like watching lefties like Beasley and Lamar and even Beno Udrih who always goes left lol.

Cant' forget the ever crafty Manu haha

Quote Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv
    I try to watch Nash and Rubio for their craftiness, Rondo for his fakes. I've been trying to play under the basket more but I am under sized so I've been watching Rodman and Barkley as well.

Of course Jamal Crawford has my favorite move but as Pushxx says foot work is important. My feet were pretty slow when I did this video. I've been doing Insanity Asylum and I pull it off MUCH better now. Of course I'm older than most and have only been playing a few years so I still need a lot of work

lol i do a variation of your move. I'm left handed and I go around the back and do a lefty hook starting from the right side of the court going to the middle of the lane.

people are always impressed when i do it for some reason. i dont think it's really that special since its so easy for me to pull off but I guess it is kind of fancy. I love going around the back in traffic . Goran Drajic does it all the time

Quote Originally Posted by 01amberfirewv

Your almost 10 years older than me. I've been playing basketball since I was 8 yrs.old.