Page 12 of 17 FirstFirst ... 29101112131415 ... LastLast

Default Re: Bucks/Warriors trade: Monta Ellis, Udoh, Kwame for Bogut, S-Jax

I wanted to move Biedrins too, but no way Bucks take that deal. My exact trade I suggested 3 days ago was;

Monta, Biedrins, and Wright

for

Bogut and Jackson

I am so so so stoked for this trade. Here is the real reason why. Even if Bogut doesn't work out well next year, let me ask you this. Have they ever won with Monta leading the team? The answer is no, they have never had a winning season with Monta being the captain. Never. And tonight they won by 26 without him. What's the worst that can happen? The worst that can happen is Bogut is a bust and they get a lottery pick.

But that probably isn't the case. If Bogut is healthy, the Warriors are a new team period. They will have 2 of the best rebounding men in the league at their positions, plus 2 quality big man who can pass the ball well. They will fit Steph Curry better than they could fit Monta Ellis. I love this trade so much.

Warriors fans may not see the value now, but next year this ball club will be a different team. Bogut when healthy is one of the top 5 to 10 centers in the game. with Curry and Thompson, you won't get any worse than you are right now. This is gonna be a risk, but I like this better than anything they have ever done..

Any quality CENTER that you get other than Howard is injury prone. Kaman, Bynum, Lopez, etc.. You have to gamble and overpay a big man in the NBA, that is just how it works.

Monta didn't help the warriors win in anyway and getting a center was their number one priority. Unless were getting Dwight Howard, there isn't a center I would want instead of a healthy Andrew Bogut. This is so ideal.

Lastly, the last time the warriors got Stephen Jackson, he was coming off a team that didn't want him. Now... He is coming off a team that didn't want him and to play for Mark Jackson. Hmmm... Seems kind of similar.

Oh and I played nba 2k and traded the dubs to make this lineup. It was 45 to 43 Sixers up with 3 seconds left. BTW i always lose in this video game. Then Curry hits a game winning 3 over Iggy. This is a sign. I am SOOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WARRIORS ARE NO LONGER SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    I watch almost every Warriors game, and Udoh was never going to pan out. He isn't a great man defender, help defender, or shot blocker, and he has no offensive skill set. I shouldn't call him a bust, but he won't be an all-star caliber PF/C in the NBA, ever.

If only we had just taken the obvious pick in Greg Monroe (he was top of EVERYONES draft board).
    No offense but it seems like you have not watched much of Warriors basketball over the past month. When udoh is on the floor they were 8-3 basically. Udoh is a good man defender now and a good help defender now plus shot blocker I think he can become great at shot blocking and help defense plus very good at man defense. His offensive skill set is quite decent actually, he has been showing a good post game with jump hooks to either side plus face up and hit the 12-15 footer.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    No offense but it seems like you have not watched much of Warriors basketball over the past month. When udoh is on the floor they were 8-3 basically. Udoh is a good man defender now and a good help defender now plus shot blocker I think he can become great at shot blocking and help defense plus very good at man defense. His offensive skill set is quite decent actually, he has been showing a good post game with jump hooks to either side plus face up and hit the 12-15 footer.

yes. but the warriors do need size eventually. now they have size, something they never had.

Local High School Star

Bogut hasn't been the same player since the injury. 11/8 with a ts% of 46.6 That's frightening for a big man

My interest in the Bucks has now gone, and Golden State move up into like top three. Love seeing an Aussie out there doing his thing, and Bogut is a classy guy. Hope he and Curry can get healthy for next year and really push this team to it's abilities.

Quote Originally Posted by Bodhi
    Bogut hasn't been the same player since the injury. 11/8 with a ts% of 46.6 That's frightening for a big man

its a step up from biedrins.

Golden State made out like bandits in this trade.

First of all, Monta Ellis is being highly overrated in this thread. He's just another highly inefficient scoring PG who plays next to no defense, and has the basketball IQ of my left nut. Guy takes 30 shots to score 30 points, and even on nights when he's shooting at an high FG%, he gives those points right back up on defense. Dude can't defend a stationary rock.

He is no Russell Westbrook or Tony Parker. My mouth drops every time I hear people say he should be in the All-Star game. Give me a break. Simply put, guy doesn't play winning basketball. He can never be that reliable #1 or #2 scorer on a Championship team. Even though he's injury prone, going forward with Stephen Curry was a no brainer. Guy is a thousand times more efficient then Monta. Guy damn near shoots at a 50% clip. 45% from beyond the arc. That's just scary. Continuing on with Monta was just a dead end.

Andrew Bogut and David Lee is a hell of a frontcourt. I can't wait to see them in action. Defenses are going to be forced to key in on keeping them off the boards, and when you got lights out shooters like Curry and Steven Jackson on the perimeter, good luck. I guarantee you Mark Jackson is giggling like a school girl right now.

A Ellis-Jennings backcourt honestly sounds like a bad joke. If their inefficiency on offense won't kill you, their size will. That's an undersized backcourt even for undersized backcourts. They're going to get absolutely torched on defense.

Can't believe people think Milwaukee made out better in this trade. This thread is going to be hilarious a couple months from now.
    Last edited by JustinJDW; 03-14-2012 at 03:58 AM.

Nuggets/Avs/Broncos. NuggetsFan's Avatar

Like a Steph Curry\Bogut combo. If they weren't so injury prone that'd be promising but seems like Bogut may never be the same player really, Curry seems like his ankles are bound to keep him held back as well.

Not sure what the Bucks are doing. Getting some more talent I suppose. Jennings\Ellis doesn't seem like the ideal backcourt, be fun to watch and probably put alot of pressure on teams offensively.

Quote Originally Posted by SacJB Shady
    yes. but the warriors do need size eventually. now they have size, something they never had.
    does it count when the guy is off and on the court ?

Eventually all these injuries will be the end of Bogut if they aren't already

its a step up from biedrins.
    sure its an improvement, but at the cost of our most valuable asset. Could have gotten much more for Ellis than thin air that is Stephen Jackson

I am so so so stoked for this trade. Here is the real reason why. Even if Bogut doesn't work out well next year, let me ask you this. Have they ever won with Monta leading the team? The answer is no, they have never had a winning season with Monta being the captain. Never. And tonight they won by 26 without him. What's the worst that can happen? The worst that can happen is Bogut is a bust and they get a lottery pick.

But that probably isn't the case. If Bogut is healthy, the Warriors are a new team period. They will have 2 of the best rebounding men in the league at their positions, plus 2 quality big man who can pass the ball well. They will fit Steph Curry better than they could fit Monta Ellis. I love this trade so much.

Warriors fans may not see the value now, but next year this ball club will be a different team. Bogut when healthy is one of the top 5 to 10 centers in the game. with Curry and Thompson, you won't get any worse than you are right now. This is gonna be a risk, but I like this better than anything they have ever done..

Any quality CENTER that you get other than Howard is injury prone. Kaman, Bynum, Lopez, etc.. You have to gamble and overpay a big man in the NBA, that is just how it works.

Monta didn't help the warriors win in anyway and getting a center was their number one priority. Unless were getting Dwight Howard, there isn't a center I would want instead of a healthy Andrew Bogut. This is so ideal.

Lastly, the last time the warriors got Stephen Jackson, he was coming off a team that didn't want him. Now... He is coming off a team that didn't want him and to play for Mark Jackson. Hmmm... Seems kind of similar.

Oh and I played nba 2k and traded the dubs to make this lineup. It was 45 to 43 Sixers up with 3 seconds left. BTW i always lose in this video game. Then Curry hits a game winning 3 over Iggy. This is a sign. I am SOOOOOO SOOOOO SOOOOOO STOKED!!!!!!!!!!!

THE WARRIORS ARE NO LONGER SMALL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

YAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    you are missing the part where Andrew Bogut is basically nothing because he can't stay on the court and has broken every bone in his body basically. Again if you are getting Andrew Bogut for 75-82 games a year this is a solid trade, but everyone knows you will be lucky to get 50 games out of Bogut next year after this latest serious injury that will keep him out for the rest of the season.

I like it for GS. Works well for the Bucks this year, giving them another scorer to go along with Jennings as well as another bigman to add to the rotation. Losing Jackson's salary next year will hopefully allow the Bucks to resign Illyosva next year.

Warriors got the better end of the deal. who was the genius who thought pairing Monta with Jennings was a good idea? as if one chucker wasn't enough on your team, you get another one

the Bucks were nipping at the heels of NY, but with this trade, they'll fall back down.

Quote Originally Posted by baseketball4life
    does it count when the guy is off and on the court ?

Eventually all these injuries will be the end of Bogut if they aren't already

How can you be so sure? Bogut has time to recover. He is not old yet.