Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3456789 ... LastLast

Default Re: Microsoft Surface Ad: Apple, You Got Served

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    Question is, how well will Office work and how compatible will it be?

There's already apps to edit PDFs on other tablet platforms.

And what happens when Office is released for the other platforms as well? that will all but most certainly kill the Surface's biggest advantage for many.
    Pages, Numbers, KeyNotes and QuickOffice does not display well and often have font issues when it's creating from MS Office in my company. Definitely , Surface with Office bundled will be a huge plus for us

Has anyone posted this yet?

http://www.theverge.com/2012/10/20/3...out-delayed-uk

Either Microsoft made too few or a lot of people bought this based on hype. I personally think it looks amazing but does lack a lot of things that would have pushed it over the top.

btw,

First 100 people in line will receive a 12 Month Xbox Music Pass with unlimited streaming and downloads as a gift with purchase, a value of $99.90. So be sure to get here early!

Plus don’t miss the free Xbox prizes.

Some got excited. Some shook their heads. Some felt fortunate to have a DVR.
    The reactions to Microsoft's new clicking danceathon Surface ad -- the one that made "Glee" look sedate -- have often been deeply-felt.
    But who cares what human beings think when you can get hold of numbers?
    How delightful, then, that Ace Metrix -- a company that loves to put numbers to things -- has definitive numbers about whether the Surface ad clicked.
    Some of you will feel your Sunday is complete when I tell you that Ace Metrix declared it the "most effective" tablet-only ad of 2012.

Yes, the best. The very best. It dances around the competition
    http://news.cnet.com/8301-17852_3-57...verizes-apple/
    Last edited by IGOTGAME; 10-21-2012 at 01:57 PM.

First Review - PC Magazine- http://www.pcmag.com/article2/0,2817,2411252,00.asp

PROS
    Comes with a full version of Office 2013 (Home and Student). Good battery life. MicroSDXC slot. USB 2.0 port. Compact. Includes Touch Cover. Touch Cover sleeps and wakes the tablet. Micro-HDMI port. No fans. "Always connected." Dual band Wi-Fi (2.4GHz and 5GHz).
    CONS
    Kickstand assist only on left face. Only one angle on kickstand. Requires flat surface to use with Touch and Type covers. Speakers are very soft. Few apps on Microsoft's Store. Not compatible with existing Windows 7 and XP programs. Proprietary charger port.
    BOTTOM LINE
    The Microsoft Surface with Windows RT bridges the distance between tablet and laptop for many users, particularly if you use the Web or Microsoft Office constantly. The Surface has very good hardware and some innovative design, but Microsoft Office RT is the killer app that comes to the Surface and makes it shine.

College star

Quote Originally Posted by IGOTGAME
    What other applications would I want to run on a tablet? All, I ever use my entire laptop for are internet, netflix etc and Microsoft Office. I literally use no other programs since I stopped using torrents. Seriously, what are average doods using on their tablets/laptops that I'm missing?
    There's a nice draw for developers who dont want a laptop but need a mobile computing device. This allows you to have a casual device to carry around with serious computing power, I can attach/hookup/unfold the keyboard to do some quick work and then go back to having work.

Andgar losing sleep at night.

Surface is here! Andar MAF.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Andgar losing sleep at night.
    Why, I could care less.

I rule the local playground Jax's Avatar

It's all about cydia breh's don't get it twisted...

Not airballing my layups anymore Spue's Avatar

I picked mine up yesterday morning and got the Xbox music year membership. I like it a lot so far. Anyone else get one?

Quote Originally Posted by Spue
    I picked mine up yesterday morning and got the Xbox music year membership. I like it a lot so far. Anyone else get one?
    Tomorrow I'm gonna check it out and probably buy it, I want to get the Surface Pro but I can't wait 3 months!

Quote Originally Posted by Spue
    I finally got mine today.

First off, I'm still exploring it, and there's a free app in their marketplace that teaches you Windows 8 if you need it. It's different. I'm used to using my iPad and Android-based systems, but Windows 8 seems decent. The social media integration so far kind of sucks ass, but like I said, I'm still figuring this shit out. You have the option of toggling back and forth between the new Windows 8 platform and a traditional Windows desktop, which is strange to see on a tablet.

This thing definitely looks and feels like they were going for "portable laptop with a touchscreen." I opted for the type keyboard instead of the touch, and it works great and isn't that much heavier. The touch keyboard feels weird and takes some getting used to, so if you'd rather use a traditional keyboard, get the type. The length of the Surface makes it look strange when you hold it up like you would an iPad, so you're probably not going to be holding it that way. The kickstand is great and that combined with the keyboard/cover make it easy to use on small surfaces.

This is probably going to replace my Macbook Air as my travel laptop, since most of my business work is fairly small scale and doesn't require something as powerful as the Air. I really like it so far and it's the first tablet I've used since the iPad that doesn't feel entirely derivative.

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue

First off, I'm still exploring it, and there's a free app in their marketplace that teaches you Windows 8 if you need it. It's different. I'm used to using my iPad and Android-based systems, but Windows 8 seems decent. The social media integration so far kind of sucks ass, but like I said, I'm still figuring this shit out. You have the option of toggling back and forth between the new Windows 8 platform and a traditional Windows desktop, which is strange to see on a tablet.

This thing definitely looks and feels like they were going for "portable laptop with a touchscreen." I opted for the type keyboard instead of the touch, and it works great and isn't that much heavier. The touch keyboard feels weird and takes some getting used to, so if you'd rather use a traditional keyboard, get the type. The length of the Surface makes it look strange when you hold it up like you would an iPad, so you're probably not going to be holding it that way. The kickstand is great and that combined with the keyboard/cover make it easy to use on small surfaces.

This is probably going to replace my Macbook Air as my travel laptop, since most of my business work is fairly small scale and doesn't require something as powerful as the Air. I really like it so far and it's the first tablet I've used since the iPad that doesn't feel entirely derivative.
    Thanks for this review, I possibly was thinking of getting this (Windows 8 Pro) version. I was going to go with the type keyboard anyway possibly. i might wait until other versions come out, maybe a second generation one or something similar.

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    Thanks for this review, I possibly was thinking of getting this (Windows 8 Pro) version. I was going to go with the type keyboard anyway possibly. i might wait until other versions come out, maybe a second generation one or something similar.
    It wouldn't hurt to wait. Their app store is really sparse right now and not that user-friendly. If I didn't get this through my work, I would have waited a few months to make sure they got all the kinks out. The success of this is really going to depend on how well Windows 8 in general takes off.

Not airballing my layups anymore Spue's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SpecialQue

The only complaint I have is the xbox music app. When you choose a song from an album it will only play that one song and stop. I wish it would continue to play the album with out selecting play album. other than that I can't complain.