Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: New iPhones 5 C/S

[QUOTE=andgar923] @ the covers

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by nightprowler10
    They're probably plugging the covers because Moto X will be all colorful and ****.
    I mean, I understand WHY they're plugging them so hard. I don't get the 'covers' tho.

I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people will cover them up with an ugly ass cover. And the people that are gonna be hyped over the gold 5s will end up covering it up with a big ugly case.

I understand people wanna protect them, but all you need is a small bumper to do so.

If people still clamor for their case, why worry about the color?

I guess you all missed the point of how it records your fingerprints. Oh well.

Let's talk about how it has more power and battery life along with the camera.

Speaking of covers, I got an iPhone 5 from work and I've dropped it 3 times already. I'm thinking I should get a cover for it. Any ideas on what's a good cheap cover? Preferably something I can clip on my pants. I usually hate covers but I'll make an exception for a work phone.
    Last edited by nightprowler10; 09-11-2013 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    I guess you all missed the point of how it records your fingerprints. Oh well.

Let's talk about how it has more power and battery life along with the camera.
    It's stored locally and the prints aren't shared or stored with Apple or app devs. Not only that but the phone has to physically detect your print.

Even then you need to enter a passcode to set it up and/or remove.

So it shouldn't be tricked with a pic of your thumb or a lifted print using putty.

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    I mean, I understand WHY they're plugging them so hard. I don't get the 'covers' tho.

I can almost guarantee that the vast majority of people will cover them up with an ugly ass cover. And the people that are gonna be hyped over the gold 5s will end up covering it up with a big ugly case.

I understand people wanna protect them, but all you need is a small bumper to do so.

If people still clamor for their case, why worry about the color?
    I get why people do it with all the iPhones post-3GS. The glass casing can break, and when it does it looks horrible. People care about that. I keep mine in an otterbox most of the time because I'm afraid to crack the screen. Even though I rarely drop my phone it's something that I'm not risking given I paid how many hundreds for it? Another $25 investment is something I can easily spend to make it a bit safer.

However when I had a 3gs on it I just threw on a screen protector and occasionally would put a bumper on it if I was going somewhere where if I dropped it, it would hit several stairs. If I upgrade from the 4S to a 5C, I'll probably do the same as I did with the 3GS.

However I agree with the bolded.

NBA rookie of the year It's A VC3!!!'s Avatar

I really like that they are finally offering more colors. I've had a red case because I like the color red but to now have different colors is amazing. I like both the 5c and 5s equally. Might end up getting the 5s silver for christmas.

one thing that frustrates me, and shareholders have let apple know, is the stupidity of a plastic phone being $600 without a plan. really? you money hungry bastards. you already have 55% margins yet decide to insult our intelligence by making a piece of plastic with some software $600 without a plan. pathetic. if with the plan it's $100, it should be $200 without it.
    Last edited by It's A VC3!!!; 09-11-2013 at 05:15 PM.

Banned

I feel like if its half the price of 5s with contract then it should be close to that off-contract. so so anywhere from $350-450 would have looked much better.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBballer
    I don't do contracts.
    Have you changed your provider in the last two years? Smh..

If you don't know which provider you like by now and wouldn't want to take advantage of getting deals on phones you should do some self evaluation.

Banned

^^T-Mobile $30 prepaid, best deal for those who really just need data and calling just for emergencies. 5gb data/100 minutes/ unli-text.

any contract price isn't a "deal" , price a nexus 4 and a prepaid contract for 2 yrs and youl see what a real "deal" is.

Quote Originally Posted by flipogb
    ^^T-Mobile $30 prepaid, best deal for those who really just need data and calling just for emergencies. 5gb data/100 minutes/ unli-text.
    any contract price isn't a "deal" , price a nexus 4 and a prepaid contract for 2 yrs and youl see what a real "deal" is.
    Smh.

"Calling only for emergencys"??? Lolololplolololp.

You are a texting teenager.

Or a complete moron.

Or make minimum wage.

Or all the above.

I paid $700 for my S4. I can do mad shit with it. Better camera still. Multi-task.

So nobody concerned NSA now will have your metadata, can listen to your calls and can locate you at any given time if you're using the new iPhone? I bet that shit would even stand in court, as a sufficient proof of location. I alone?

Quote Originally Posted by kNIOKAS
    So nobody concerned NSA now will have your metadata, can listen to your calls and can locate you at any given time if you're using the new iPhone? I bet that shit would even stand in court, as a sufficient proof of location. I alone?
    They've BEEN doing that with all phones. You think it's only gonna be capable with this new iPhone? that's been possible for years on any phone smart or not.

And I know you were concerned about the fingerprints, so peep this:

[QUOTE]Apple'sAAPL -5.44% new iPhone 5S, which comes with a fingerprint scanner, won

Banned

contracts suck, I felt like an idiot too when I did the research and found out I was burning money for no reason. you will get over it.
    browse the prepaid section of howardforums.com and prepare to feel like an idiot
    Last edited by flipogb; 09-12-2013 at 03:13 AM.