Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 05-28-2009, 03:51 PM   #1
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

DreamShake34 has no real reputation yet.
Default Joey Dorsey

How much do you guys think he can contribute next season now that he has a year under his belt?
DreamShake34 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2009, 05:02 PM   #2
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here
Default Re: Joey Dorsey

I think he'll be like a Ben Wallace type player. His strengths will be rebounds and defense, but I don't think he'll be a great offensive player.
Q.E.C is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2009, 04:01 PM   #3
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

I agree, but i'm curious if Adelman will decide to work him into the rotation next season now that Deke is gone.
Old 05-29-2009, 09:05 PM   #4
Q.E.C
нυєy

Q.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation hereQ.E.C has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreamShake34
I agree, but i'm curious if Adelman will decide to work him into the rotation next season now that Deke is gone.

He should. I think he;ll get some more minutes for us. It would be great if he turned out to be like Landry, but with more defense.
Old 05-30-2009, 05:30 PM   #5
DreamShake34
I hit open layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by Q.E.C
He should. I think he;ll get some more minutes for us. It would be great if he turned out to be like Landry, but with more defense.
Or maybe Hayes with atleast some offense
Old 06-03-2009, 06:30 PM   #6
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

I actually thought he would replace Hayes in the rotation when I heard Rockets drafted him. But then as the season went on he didn't play, and so I was thinking maybe Adelman will play him for the second half of the season like he did with Landry so he would be more prepared, and yet that never happened either...
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 04:43 AM   #7
Wo1fshadow
I brick open layups

Wo1fshadow has an OK reputation so far

I thought the rockets are gonna look for some help for Yao elsewhere? In which case if they do then Dorsey would receive even less minutes than anticipated.
Wo1fshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-06-2009, 05:26 AM   #8
KillerAvery
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillerAvery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wo1fshadow
I thought the rockets are gonna look for some help for Yao elsewhere? In which case if they do then Dorsey would receive even less minutes than anticipated.

Joey Dorsey is basically 6-8, 268 pounds, and 7-foot wingspan. He is very strong and all, but I think we still need a legit 7 footer. He might be worked into the rotation if he comes extremely good over the summer, But if not then we are looking for our backup center in the free agency list.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-13-2009, 01:58 AM   #9
Q.E.C
нυєy

Good to see and hear this.. Check this out.

http://www.nba.com/rockets/news/Summ...316026-34.html
Old 06-14-2009, 08:57 AM   #10
KillerAvery
Can barely lace up my sneakers

KillerAvery has an OK reputation so far

Quote:

Looks good, but we are relatively screwed around in our rotation, because if Wafer asks more then around 1.5, then we go into luxury which we can't really do.

I hope he turns into a defensive stopper as he wants to be, then maybe just maybe we don't need to get a legit 7 footer to backup Yao.

Also, after soon there will be a lot of teams that I believe are going to overpay Scola to the max, so Scola might leave. so then possibly Landry would be starting with Dorsey off the bench in the future, which would be good if Dorsey turns into a beast.
KillerAvery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2009, 01:45 AM   #11
gyu
Good college starter

gyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputationgyu has a terrific reputation

Quote:

That has got me excited, hope the hard work pays off.
gyu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 01:59 PM   #12
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far

I like it how easily people compare players. Sure, Dorsey can be Ben Wallace of this past season. Or are you thinking he will be an NBA all-star, NBA defensive player of the year, and the most dominant defensive player and rebounder for a few years running Ben Wallace? Because that's a pretty lofty comparison for a kid who hasn't shown much of anything in the NBA yet. He's the 4th PF and at best, he'll move up to being the 3rd PF this season. He certainly won't be making any NBA defensive first teams.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 02:23 PM   #13
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
I like it how easily people compare players. Sure, Dorsey can be Ben Wallace of this past season. Or are you thinking he will be an NBA all-star, NBA defensive player of the year, and the most dominant defensive player and rebounder for a few years running Ben Wallace? Because that's a pretty lofty comparison for a kid who hasn't shown much of anything in the NBA yet. He's the 4th PF and at best, he'll move up to being the 3rd PF this season. He certainly won't be making any NBA defensive first teams.

I'm saying his defensive game resembles Ben Wallace's defense to me, but maybe not to others. His chances of being a good basketball player looks good to me because of his size and athleticism, but as far as his basketball IQ goes I don't know (These are my opinions). Hopefully he can turn out to be something good.
Old 06-17-2009, 03:18 PM   #14
SixersFan76
I hit open 5-footers

SixersFan76 has an OK reputation so far

He has a chance. I'm just saying that for his second season and considering the players in front of him, it's a serious stretch to suggest he can be a dominant force like Wallace was. Wallace was a true difference maker who could control the flow of the game without scoring a single bucket because he moved well enough to guard 3's, but was strong enough to guard 5's, was an amazing shot blocker, and probably the best rebounder in the league at the time. It's asking a lot of Dorsey to match something like that next season, if ever. That doesn't mean he can't be a good player, just that I think it's not so easy to become an all-star as a defense only guy and I'm not so sure it's a fair comparison. Ben Wallace in his prime was a unique player.
SixersFan76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-17-2009, 05:04 PM   #15
Q.E.C
нυєy

Quote:
Originally Posted by SixersFan76
He has a chance. I'm just saying that for his second season and considering the players in front of him, it's a serious stretch to suggest he can be a dominant force like Wallace was. Wallace was a true difference maker who could control the flow of the game without scoring a single bucket because he moved well enough to guard 3's, but was strong enough to guard 5's, was an amazing shot blocker, and probably the best rebounder in the league at the time. It's asking a lot of Dorsey to match something like that next season, if ever. That doesn't mean he can't be a good player, just that I think it's not so easy to become an all-star as a defense only guy and I'm not so sure it's a fair comparison. Ben Wallace in his prime was a unique player.

I believe Dorsey can do some of this stuff Ben Wallace did, but not at an All-Star level because Ben Wallace showed up every game, and I don't know if he will be like that next year, but I think he could develop into something similar to it.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: