Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Fantasy Basketball Forum

Fantasy Basketball Forum Fantasy basketball message board - fantasy basketball forum

Old 11-19-2010, 06:37 AM   #1
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Pouch26 has an OK reputation so far
Default Why can't Blake Griffin block shots?

I keep hearing people saying he's going to start blocking, but I'm not understanding this. Is anyone else buying this? He's explosive, he's always around the rim...But can't block a few shots here and there. Any insight would be appreciated. Anyone who traded him for a PF/C that can block, please share who you got for him. I think I'm getting close to offering him for Serge Ibaka.
Pouch26 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 09:45 AM   #2
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

sportin_life has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Why can't Blake Griffin block shots?

For the few Clippers games I've watched, he doesn't give any effort on the defensive end at all. It's kind of amazing how he just stands there, considering he goes ballastic on the offensive glass. He definitely has potential for blocks though, since he is really quick off his feet and has a lot of elevation.

For trades, are you in a roto or h2h league? I can see him going for decent value in h2h but not roto b/c of his FT% and lack of blocks/steals. I would take Ibaka for him in a heartbeat, but doubt many owners of Ibaka would be willing to do the trade. I own Griffin in one of my roto leagues and haven't been able to pawn him off for anything so far... but feel he has too much value to drop, especially since he is center eligible.
sportin_life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 10:02 AM   #3
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

I think that Griffin is afraid of getting fouls. When hes active on the defensive end he seems to accrue foul very quickly and its probably made him passive on that end. But if he seeks to be an elite NBA player, hes going to have to get over that fear and start getting smart with the D. Dunks and flashy play is all good but he wont be taken seriously until he shows that he can deliver on both ends.
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-19-2010, 05:31 PM   #4
stridge
Decent playground baller

stridge is a pretty well-respected posterstridge is a pretty well-respected posterstridge is a pretty well-respected poster

isnt his standing reach not that great?
stridge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-20-2010, 02:26 PM   #5
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

I need to get rid of this guy... should I drop him onto waivers? Delfino, Hinrich or Wesley Matthews are available on waivers. Griffins killing me in roto b/c of his lack of blocks/steals and crappy FT%.

I tried trading him in 2 for 1's or even 1 for 1 for mid-late round players, but haven't been able to land any interest. I thought he would spark interest for his center eligibility but I guess I was wrong.
Old 11-20-2010, 08:34 PM   #6
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportin_life
I need to get rid of this guy... should I drop him onto waivers? Delfino, Hinrich or Wesley Matthews are available on waivers. Griffins killing me in roto b/c of his lack of blocks/steals and crappy FT%.

I tried trading him in 2 for 1's or even 1 for 1 for mid-late round players, but haven't been able to land any interest. I thought he would spark interest for his center eligibility but I guess I was wrong.

Ibaka was quickly rejected. I wasn't surprised at all. I wonder if I could get Dorrell Wright for him? Let me know if you pawn him off foor anything so I can try it too.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:46 AM   #7
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

My offer was Griffin and Conley for Hibbert, but got rejected.

Maybe we'll have more luck after his monstrous game tonight?
Old 11-21-2010, 10:26 AM   #8
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

I'm looking at teams with poor FT% and in need of points and rebounds. Very balanced teams in my league is making this a tough sell.
If I get no takers, I was thinking of trying to get Dwight Howard.
Do you think Al Jefferson and Tyreke are enough or too much?

Thanks for the help!
Old 11-21-2010, 11:59 AM   #9
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Do you mean offering Al Jeff or Tyreke in a 1:1, or trying to land them to go along with Griffin? I would go for it if either are possible, but I doubt the owners would give either of them up for Griffin.
Old 11-21-2010, 12:18 PM   #10
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Do you mean offering Al Jeff or Tyreke in a 1:1, or trying to land them to go along with Griffin? I would go for it if either are possible, but I doubt the owners would give either of them up for Griffin.

I was thinking of offering my Tyreke+Al Jeff for his Dwight Howard. Too much? Then I could keep Griffin, punt FT% and get the blocks I'm missing from owning Griffin. Thoughts?
Old 11-21-2010, 12:33 PM   #11
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

I would personally try to dump Griffin b/c he really only gives boards (his FG% is average for C/PF also), and his other stats aren't worth building around, even next to Dwight, unless your other players also suck in FT% and TO's already.

I think Tyreke + Al Jeff for Dwight Howard might be a bit much also, assuming that Tyreke and Al Jeff will probably improve as the season goes on.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:31 PM   #12
tian820
NBA lottery pick

tian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this boardtian820 is popular on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pouch26
I was thinking of offering my Tyreke+Al Jeff for his Dwight Howard. Too much? Then I could keep Griffin, punt FT% and get the blocks I'm missing from owning Griffin. Thoughts?

That is WAY too much for Dwight. I don't care if you do punt FT%. Adding a bit to either of those guys should land you Dwight
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-21-2010, 01:37 PM   #13
sportin_life
Gotta love West LA

Yay, I unloaded Griffin finally...

I gave Griffin + Kaman for Al Jeff. Not the best trade if Kaman stays healthy (since a healthy Kaman isn't much worse than Al Jeff), but that's a big if and Griffin was unplayable for me in a roto league b/c of his FT%.
Old 11-21-2010, 01:48 PM   #14
Pouch26
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Yay, I unloaded Griffin finally...

I gave Griffin + Kaman for Al Jeff. Not the best trade if Kaman stays healthy (since a healthy Kaman isn't much worse than Al Jeff), but that's a big if and Griffin was unplayable for me in a roto league b/c of his FT%.

How about Griffin for Kaman? In a head to head league, is that better? I'm not sure about Kaman's injury...
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: