Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 02-28-2007, 04:28 PM   #181
Chalkmaze
Good college starter

Chalkmaze has decent reputationChalkmaze has decent reputation
Default Re: Best players who wont be remembered.

Quote:
Originally Posted by plupiter
You're right, but I'm just pointing out there was a context in which he scored those points, and that when you watched him he was maddeningly one-dimensional and limited in what he could do outside of his footwork in the post. I guess you could say the same of Dominique Wilkins, but I still feel Dominique was a better rebounder and didn't hold the ball so long.

There were two other proven scorers on that team. John Drew averaged 20 for his career, and Dr Dunkenstein has already been listed as underappreciated in this thread.

Yeah, I guess if you want to try to compare him to other player's with those stats I see your point. I still think he sort of had to be the blackhole though. I was pretty young back then, so things are a bit blurred... I do know that John Drew didn't last long, having his drug problems off and on and then getting kicked out of the league, and Dr. Dunkenstein blew out his knee and was never the same. You were left with Rickey Green, Thurl Bailey, Bobby Hansen, Mark Eaton and guys like that, someone had to score.
Chalkmaze is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2007, 01:00 AM   #182
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default pass the sharman

i never saw him play--- but i wish i did

bill sharman--- bona fide hofer

http://www.basketball-reference.com/...sharmbi01.html

RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: