Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 08-16-2011, 09:51 PM   #1
JaskoX1
Made that high school varsity squad

Default What rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team?

what rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team?

Browns -

I believe Norwood will have a breakout season, have him ahead of Greg Little.

Hard enough for a rookie WR to settle into NFL, let alone a rookie who's been out of football for a year. Norwood has the luxury of having NFL experience under his belt, albeit on practice squads. Little's head is spinning right now. As the game slows down for him, his talent will push him ahead of Norwood, just a matter of when.

And obviously Colt.

On defense, I think Joe Haden will have a breakout season. Ward will continue to improve too.
JaskoX1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 09:52 PM   #2
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Default Re: What rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team?

Pat Chung is gonna go bacon.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:08 PM   #3
StateProperty
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Default Re: What rookie/second year player will have a breakout season on your team?

Jamar Chaney.

I think Nate Allen can too but I like him against the pass and playing as a ball hawk more than as an overall player. Sometimes he just gets ran the **** over. Like this. Doesn't matter who your a fan of, you laugh out loud when you see that shit.

edit: Oh wait that was Mikell? Whole time I thought it was Nate Allen. Oh well Mikell's not around anymore lol

Last edited by StateProperty : 08-16-2011 at 10:10 PM.
StateProperty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2011, 10:28 PM   #4
JaskoX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
Pat Chung is gonna go bacon.
I sure hope so, since he seems to be the only safety on the roster worth a damn right now.
Old 08-16-2011, 10:31 PM   #5
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
I sure hope so, since he seems to be the only safety on the roster worth a damn right now.

No love for Meriweather?
Old 08-16-2011, 10:49 PM   #6
JaskoX1

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
No love for Meriweather?
Nah. He has issues like freelancing and bad angles and he doesn't seem to realize that he has to do something about it. There's even some rumors he might get cut.
Old 08-17-2011, 12:38 AM   #7
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

This rookie is gonna beast this year
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:46 AM   #8
AirGauge23
Sound the Charge

Hopefully Ryan Mathews.
AirGauge23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 07:05 AM   #9
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaskoX1
Nah. He has issues like freelancing and bad angles and he doesn't seem to realize that he has to do something about it. There's even some rumors he might get cut.

Really? Haven't heard those myself. I stopped listening to NE sports radio which is where I used to get most of the inside stuff. I've been trying to find a good Pats inside blog/rumor site but no luck the last few days.
Old 08-17-2011, 08:07 AM   #10
Jackass18
The Iron Price

Maybe Helu and/or Jenkins.
Jackass18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 08:46 AM   #11
mlh1981
Reds/Bengals/Cavs

I think Jordan Shipley and Jermaine Gresham are capable of having semi-breakout years.
mlh1981 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:39 AM   #12
MK2V1GP
NBA sixth man of the year

2nd year - Gerald McCoy & Arrelious Benn (if healthy)
1st year - Adrian Clayborn & Mason Foster
MK2V1GP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 11:52 AM   #13
jazz873
National High School Star

1st year- Randall Cobb
2nd year- Mike Neal, Morgan Burnett, James Starks
jazz873 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:10 PM   #14
steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackass18
Maybe Helu and/or Jenkins.
I'm not sure how much playing time Helu is going to get, assuming Torain gets back and even with Shanahan platooning, Hightower is going to get the majority of touches. I can get on board with Jenkins though, he looked good in the first preseason game, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Haslett rotate the line fairly often. I also liked what I saw of Kerrigan and think he can make an impact this season. Not too thrilled with what I've seen of Handerson but I hope those are just early jitters.

I was trying to think of any second year players that could break out, but there's only Trent Williams and even if he does breakout, no one's going to notice.
steve is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2011, 12:14 PM   #15
KingBeasley08
World's Finest

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve
I'm not sure how much playing time Helu is going to get, assuming Torain gets back and even with Shanahan platooning, Hightower is going to get the majority of touches. I can get on board with Jenkins though, he looked good in the first preseason game, and it wouldn't surprise me to see Haslett rotate the line fairly often. I also liked what I saw of Kerrigan and think he can make an impact this season. Not too thrilled with what I've seen of Handerson but I hope those are just early jitters.

I was trying to think of any second year players that could break out, but there's only Trent Williams and even if he does breakout, no one's going to notice.
Even though his first preseason game wasnt that great, I think Hankerson is gonna beast this season
KingBeasley08 is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: