Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: Chris Paul out 8 weeks after Thumb Surgery

Quote Originally Posted by Derrick
    He's out the first month? I thought he was back Dudley just said via twitter he was looking real good..
    Man that makes me so happy.

"Just work out with C.Billups for the 1st time since his injury. Was moving real well and shot the ball lights out. Pass the eye test for me"

Jared Dudley

If Chauncey already looks that great and isn't even 100 percent people are about to be eating crow for saying he's done and downplaying how good he can be for another couple years. He claims he's in the best shape of his life cardio/strength wise. He looked RIPPED when I saw a video last month.

People like to exaggerate all Clippers injuries though. CP3 will be back before season even starts, Billups will be back probably 3 weeks after the season starts. Clippers will be 100 percent by the start of December most likely.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    People like to exaggerate all Clippers injuries though. CP3 will be back before season even starts, Billups will be back probably 3 weeks after the season starts. Clippers will be 100 percent by the start of December most likely.
    The Heat vs Clippers preseason games is gonna be less entertaining without CP3, Billups and Blake.

Quote Originally Posted by LongLiveTheKing
    The Heat vs Clippers preseason games is gonna be less entertaining without CP3, Billups and Blake.
    didn't even think of that! Clippers vs Nuggets is also going to be the first NBA preseason on the Vegas strip ever and the players will be out. Oh well.. Bledsoe+Odom+Crawford+DJ should still put on a show.

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by WeGetRing2012
    So why is that Kobe can play with torn ligaments on his hand? I never had an injury like that but that fact that CP3 is gonna be out a while shows how crazy Kobe is...

In Kobe's case the ligament had already torn off, so there was no more damage to be done, just pain to deal with. He was basically told he could fix it now and miss important games or just leave it like that forever. Or if you listen to the haters it was a light sprain and he was playing it up.

Quote Originally Posted by KOBEtherealKing
    So basically 2-4 months.

Why don't they just say months instead of weeks, I hate when people say a babies age in months instead of years.
    Because it's a more precise measurement of time.

And with babies, there's a lot of development that goes on within the first 2 years, so doctors and parents like to keep track of with more precise age markers like months instead of years. It's like when a woman is pregnant, doctors will measure it in weeks and not months since it's easier to track the development when you're more precise.

Serious playground baller TheGreatBlaze's Avatar

Two months without Xbox makes Pauly a dull boy

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will

Clearly I'm reffering to when people will stated that their child is 36 months, or things of that nature.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=P6jBZFBjbDY
    The worst.

Very good NBA starter

Lucky he doesn't have the Portland trainers or he'd die in 2 weeks

NBA rookie of the year senelcoolidge's Avatar

No big deal. He's fine and will just recuperate during this off season and be ready for training camp just like everyone else. Nothing serious. Carry on.

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    Man that makes me so happy.

"Just work out with C.Billups for the 1st time since his injury. Was moving real well and shot the ball lights out. Pass the eye test for me"

Jared Dudley

Jared Dudley is an optometrist?

Quote Originally Posted by senelcoolidge
    No big deal. He's fine and will just recuperate during this off season and be ready for training camp just like everyone else. Nothing serious. Carry on.
    if he's out for 8 weeks that means he'll miss most of training camp, which is quite a problem in developing chemistry overall. this isn't like kyrie irving missing time (he'll be closer to recovery btw). irving is more an individual movement....sure, they want him to gain chemistry but i think most fans know what cp3 is capable of. it's overall chemistry they're looking for.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 08-22-2012 at 09:06 AM.

High School Varsity 6th Man

Quote Originally Posted by KOBEtherealKing
    So basically 2-4 months.

Why don't they just say months instead of weeks, I hate when people say a babies age in months instead of years.

umm, because it's more accurate. 1 month ≠ 4 weeks, so that's why people say that, because there are many idiots like you two. 1 month = 4.35 weeks.

with regards to the baby age in years, do you really want me to explain this as well? i'm gonna go out on a limb here and assume i will have to. again, more accurate. you want to know only the age in years? so if the baby's somewhere between 1 and 2 years of age, you want them to say 1.66 years (for instance)? lol ok. or ommit the decimals and use fractions? lol. "she's one and two/thirds years old."

or just round up/down? ridiculous. stick to basketball discussions, kids.

Quote Originally Posted by blacknapalm
    if he's out for 8 weeks that means he'll miss most of training camp, which is quite a problem in developing chemistry overall
    Team says he'll be good for training camp. Why would you doubt them?

Quote Originally Posted by Fiasco
    Team says he'll be good for training camp. Why would you doubt them?
    reports are that he'll be out for 8 weeks.

8 weeks from now = late october and just in time for preseason games.

late october = most of training camp is over with.

8 weeks is also probably optimistic. i remember when he had the groin injury and was supposed to miss a game or two. it ended up being like seven.
    Last edited by blacknapalm; 08-22-2012 at 09:10 AM.