Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 11-17-2013, 12:42 AM   #16
Kaspah
We hoopin?
 
Kaspah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sanctuary
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
Because he has glaring weaknesses. Weaknesses which hurt the Bulls on the offensive end. He is a slasher and wide open shooter, that's it. He's got no mid-range game and cannot beat opponents off the dribble. Whenever he attempts to drive and dish it out midstride, he turns it over just as much as he does getting the pass off.

Tell me I'm wrong

You're wrong.

He makes almost no mistakes. Great defender, can create, can draw the foul, can run the fast break, big body, gets boards, and rarely turns over the ball
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 12:56 AM   #17
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,788
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspah
You're wrong.

He makes almost no mistakes. Great defender, can create, can draw the foul, can run the fast break, big body, gets boards, and rarely turns over the ball
^does not watch Deng

Last edited by Go Getter : 11-17-2013 at 01:06 AM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:11 AM   #18
SamuraiSWISH
Coach
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,551
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Because he isn't a legit all-star caliber player. If anything he's overrated. He got gifted an all-star selection in one season he probably didn't deserve. He's an overrated defender, decent slasher, not particularly athletic and nothing more than an open jump shooter. He doesn't do work off mid range. Others have to make plays for him to get open. He can't create, he can't score at a high level. So why would he need to be more respected? He gets the appropriate amount of credit.
SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:29 AM   #19
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,685
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kaspah
You're wrong.

He makes almost no mistakes. Great defender, can create, can draw the foul, can run the fast break, big body, gets boards, and rarely turns over the ball
Create how?
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:31 AM   #20
97 bulls
NBA Superstar
 
97 bulls's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 13,685
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by SamuraiSWISH
Because he isn't a legit all-star caliber player. If anything he's overrated. He got gifted an all-star selection in one season he probably didn't deserve. He's an overrated defender, decent slasher, not particularly athletic and nothing more than an open jump shooter. He doesn't do work off mid range. Others have to make plays for him to get open. He can't create, he can't score at a high level. So why would he need to be more respected? He gets the appropriate amount of credit.
I agree. Deng is a good player. On a championship team hed be the fourth best guy.
97 bulls is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:43 AM   #21
SamuraiSWISH
Coach
 
SamuraiSWISH's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 13,551
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I agree. Deng is a good player. On a championship team hed be the fourth best guy.
Totally agree. 3rd or 4th option at best on a real championship team. Pretty confident that Jimmy Butler already is on Deng's level and can still improve. He's a natural SF. We really need a legit SG on this team. I love Hinrich, and he can defend SGs ... hell he can even create at times, just not at a high consistent level. But you give this team a legit SG, move Jimmy B to the 3 spot. And we'd look real good. I've wanted to get rid of Deng for years. I never saw the potential that got him that ridiculous contract either. All because he took advantage of an old, injured defending champ Miami Heat team in 2007.

SamuraiSWISH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 01:45 AM   #22
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 6,595
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I agree. Deng is a good player. On a championship team hed be the fourth best guy.
This. People are still hung up up on that "potential" talk from years ago.

He is what he is. Any improvements in his career at this point will be marginal.

Bulls should should have gotten some good value from him 1-2 years ago when his stock was high.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:39 AM   #23
Kaspah
We hoopin?
 
Kaspah's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Sanctuary
Posts: 2,258
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Y'all don't realize he's the backbone of the bulls.

Always healthy, always heavy minutes.

He creates all the time, he can work his defender in the post or drive and finish.

He's a solid 15-20 points every single game.
Kaspah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:44 AM   #24
BallsOut
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,214
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Because he's a way overpaid role player.

Chicago doesn't need Deng, his defense is highly overrated. He gets destroyed by Lebron James time and again. Butler does a way better job for a fraction of the cost. The Bulls best lineup against the Heat:

PG: Rose
SG: Hinrich
SF: Butler
PF: Boozer
C: Noah

Ship Deng out, he's the one that's been holding back this franchise for years, not Boozer.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:45 AM   #25
RRR3
L3gacy
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yes
Posts: 27,275
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
Because he's a way overpaid role player.

Chicago doesn't need Deng, his defense is highly overrated. He gets destroyed by Lebron James time and again. Butler does a way better job for a fraction of the cost. The Bulls best lineup against the Heat:

PG: Rose
SG: Hinrich
SF: Butler
PF: Boozer
C: Noah

Ship Deng out, he's the one that's been holding back this franchise for years, not Boozer.
Yeah, Deng sucks because he can't guard LeBron James
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:47 AM   #26
BallsOut
NBA rookie of the year
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Posts: 6,214
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Yeah, Deng sucks because he can't guard LeBron James

I never said Deng sucks. I said he's not respected because he's an overpaid role player that isn't worth his 14 mill contract. He can't guard Lebron James effectively. Jimmy Butler stifled Lebron in the playoffs last year, that kid is light years ahead of Deng in terms of limiting Lebron. I'm sure a Lebron stan like yourself surely noticed and tremble at the fear of Deng leaving and seeing Jimmy Butler spend his time guarding Lebron 100% of the time in your dreams.
BallsOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 02:48 AM   #27
RRR3
L3gacy
 
RRR3's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2011
Location: Yes
Posts: 27,275
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BallsOut
I never said Deng sucks. I said he's not respected because he's an overpaid role player that isn't worth his 14 mill contract. He can't guard Lebron James effectively. Jimmy Butler stifled Lebron in the playoffs last year, that kid is light years ahead of Deng in terms of limiting Lebron. I'm sure a Lebron stan like yourself surely noticed.
You have an odd definition of role player.
RRR3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-17-2013, 09:30 AM   #28
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,788
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by RRR3
Yeah, Deng sucks because he can't guard LeBron James
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:35 PM   #29
Go Getter
Wild 100's
 
Go Getter's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2008
Location: The Wasatch Range
Posts: 13,788
Default Negged, lol

I got negged with this comment, which I found funny:

"Your knowledege of Mr. Deng is unbearably brilliant. Just reading each character of your post on this topic make my undies wet. Please post more of your brilliance, but keep it within 150 characters or I will need to change my underwear."

Sir,

Since your neg was witty & funny to me I will humor you.

Luol Deng could not create his own shot with a gallon of Vodka and a dozen tiny glasses. He uses simple "rips" to go hard right on a drive after being passed the ball or he executes a hard dribble then pulls up for a mid-range J or runner. His mid-range shot, though once deadly, is now average, I suspect a result of his wrist woes.

Luol Deng is not and never will be creative scorer. Not even the most biased Bulls fan is going to tell you Deng is a creator. He is the kind of player that scores within the offense if there ever was one. If Deng could create he would definitely average 20 points a game.

That's why I simply laughed at someone calling Deng someone who can create. I've been watching him since his rookie year. That's not him. He lacks the ball handling skills imho, even though he is a good player.

Last edited by Go Getter : 11-18-2013 at 07:55 PM.
Go Getter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-18-2013, 07:39 PM   #30
DMAVS41
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer
 
DMAVS41's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2010
Posts: 30,391
Default Re: Why isn't Deng respected more by NBA fans?

Quote:
Originally Posted by 97 bulls
I agree. Deng is a good player. On a championship team hed be the fourth best guy.

You would easily have the best team in the league if Deng is actually your 4th best player.
DMAVS41 is online now   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 10:43 PM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube














Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy