Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Jeremy Lin beat you Kidbasketball20's Avatar

Default Joakim on Derrick Rose: 'Everybody needs to chill the f--- out'

"We're a group that's gone through a lot," Noah said. "And it's just, looking at it as a teammate, it's just frustrating because I feel like he's sometimes portrayed as something that he's not. You don't come back from the injuries that he's coming back from without unbelievable commitment, you know what I'm saying?

"I'm just growing and just watching the power that you [media] guys have, sometimes it's just you guys can really portray somebody as something that he's not," he continued. "It's just that, to me, that's a little disappointing. Just because I know how much he cares about this game. I see it every day. I think we're all in this together and this is not a one-man team, but at the end of the day, we need him. We need him.

"I just, I don't want to see him down. I know sometimes it's frustrating, you got injuries, you got tweaks. Every time something happens to him, people act like it's the end of the world. And that's f---ing so lame to me. Relax. Like, OK, he's coming back from two crazy surgeries. Obviously we're being conservative with him, and when things aren't going right, he's got to listen to his body more than anybody. So everybody needs to chill the f--- out. I mean, I'm sorry for cursing, but I'm really passionate. I don't like to see him down. And he doesn't say that he's down, but I don't like it when, like, people portray him and judge him.

Rip+Rose=Ripping Rose Clocian-IGN's Avatar

Default Re: Joakim on Derrick Rose: 'Everybody needs to chill the f--- out'

Noah is that dude. People can talk a lot behind a computer but his teammates and staff all support and love dude. All you so called bulls fan/rose haters are wack.

Local High School Star 2swift4u's Avatar

You just gotta love how sensitve and caring girls are!

Top 1 Bball Mind.

What's most disturbing about Rose's comments isn't even the lack of heart...it's the lack of a brain...does this guy seriously think that playing basketball too much is gonna leave him a paraplegic?

Noah seems like a fantastic teammate, if I could pick all the players for my team, I think I would pick him over any center in league.

Rose on the other hand is made of glass.

NBA All-star

who accidentally handed him the Ray Rice's wife press conference material?

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    What's most disturbing about Rose's comments isn't even the lack of heart...it's the lack of a brain...does this guy seriously think that playing basketball too much is gonna leave him a paraplegic?

kobetard

If only some of Noah's toughness would rub off on rose. If you think about it they are like complete opposites of each other.

Noah is right, to a degree...it is somewhat overblown, but given the fragile history with Rose, it certainly isn't wrong to raise concern/question.

as for Noah...he's reiterated this type of response a couple times already when asked about DRose's injuries...at what point does he start admitting to himself that DRose is just unlucky in his health and the future is more bleek than it is prosperous?

there's only so many times you can quiet the crowd...but when it it becomes a constant concern like this, you can't really hide the situation or disregard it

NBA Superstar

I am thankful for Noah to speak out in this manner. Many of us develop our own beliefs of what someone like Joakim must believe based upon some on-court persona, but we don't know Joakim, so we're often in the dark here. I've seen folks assuming he must resent Rose and think he's weak. It very frequently doesn't work like that, and I'm glad Noah put that into words.

rank sentamentalist

Great college starter chocolatethunder's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by RoundMoundOfReb
    What are you talking about? How stupid can you possibly be? Guys are paid to play a sport but not at the cost of their health for the rest of their lives. Why the fvck should he do anything other than be cautious given his recent history? Ask Bill Walton how it worked out for him trying to "tough it out." The dude was almost unable to walk. You're not paid to play injured. It doesn't do you or the game or the team any favors. He should be cautious as he can possibly be because he hasn't been healthy in years. I can only imagine how tough you would be and you would just play through it. Heart? This dude is busting his ass to come back from two knee injuries. You have no idea what it takes to do that on a professional level. I would be surprised if you could last for half of a training session. So go get your mom to make you a bologna sandwich while you play your x box and remind yourself of how tough you are. Who cares if Rose is stupid? You're so fvcking dumb that you didn't know that athletes have problems later in life resulting from injuries that happened when the were playing. Utter genius.

I Love me some Jo...no homo

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    What are you talking about? How stupid can you possibly be? Guys are paid to play a sport but not at the cost of their health for the rest of their lives. Why the fvck should he do anything other than be cautious given his recent history? Ask Bill Walton how it worked out for him trying to "tough it out." The dude was almost unable to walk. You're not paid to play injured. It doesn't do you or the game or the team any favors. He should be cautious as he can possibly be because he hasn't been healthy in years. I can only imagine how tough you would be and you would just play through it. Heart? This dude is busting his ass to come back from two knee injuries. You have no idea what it takes to do that on a professional level. I would be surprised if you could last for half of a training session. So go get your mom to make you a bologna sandwich while you play your x box and remind yourself of how tough you are. Who cares if Rose is stupid? You're so fvcking dumb that you didn't know that athletes have problems later in life resulting from injuries that happened when the were playing. Utter genius.
    all this ranting

why so angry for, lol?!? where's your psychiatry/psychology friends to assist you with this

Quote Originally Posted by chocolatethunder
    dat eder