Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Default Re: The International Prospect predicted to go number 4 in the draft

Quote Originally Posted by MeLO MvP 15
    he definitely has the skill, but the mental aspect might not be there... also look at the guys he is playing against (eventho some might be bigger than college players, euro league competition isnt the same)

i say which ever team gets him will get a really good player, but they might have to wait for him to develop his game to the nba
    Right now he's averaging 21.1 and 7.8 rebs I think

lilmagicjohnson
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

sounds like darko 2.0

Quote Originally Posted by lilmagicjohnson
    sounds like darko 2.0

How so???

Learning to shoot layups

Donatas Motiejunas
    Darko Milicic

Great college starter 50inchvertical's Avatar

If I was a betting man, place all my chips on bust.

Banned

Much better big men in Europe than him that the NBA should want. MUCH BETTER. Bourousis, Mozgov, Maric to name some of them.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    Right now he's averaging 21.1 and 7.8 rebs I think
    He's averaging 6 points and 3 rebounds in the Italian League (which is the fourth best regional league in Europe behind the Spanish League, the Greek League, and the United League) and in the Eurocup (the league that is a level BELOW the Euroleague level) he is averaging 8 points and 2 rebounds. Please note he is not even in the Euroleague level yet.

Why do NBA fans always do this every year? Every year they pick out some European player that they know nothing about and go crazy over him and make up lies that he dominated in Europe or whatever. Last year it was Rubio and apparently this year it is Motiejunas.

Look, Motiejunas is a very talented player and he's already a pretty solid player now and he certainly can play in the NBA. However, there is nothing special about him at all and I doubt he would even become one of the best players in Europe.

He's extremely overrated by the NBA scouts just like Rubio. Valanciunas is probably better than him and that's just from his own Lithuanian youth team.
    Last edited by Lakas Fan Yo; 01-02-2010 at 02:01 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lakas Fan Yo
    He's averaging 6 points and 3 rebounds in the Italian League and in the Eurocup (the league that is a level BELOW the Euroleague level) he is averaging 8 points and 2 rebounds. Please note he is not even in the Euroleague level yet.

Why do NBA fans always do this same crap every year? Every year they pick out some European player that they know nothing about and go crazy over him and make up lies that he dominated in Europe or whatever. Last year it was Rubio and apparently this year it is Motiejunas.

Look, Motiejunas is a very talented player and he's already a pretty solid player now and he certainly can play in the NBA. However there is nothing special about him at all and I doubt he would even become one of the best players in Europe.

He's extremely overrated by the NBA scouts just like Rubio.
    ur KBP from spurstalk?

Decent playground baller

Quote Originally Posted by lilmagicjohnson
    sounds like darko 2.0
    So every Euro that is projected to go in the top 5 is the next Darko?

Local High School Star

Lazy bigman with a lot of potential is the exact definition of Darko.

I am your soldier!

He's 2 years younger than me

National High School Star FindingTim's Avatar

watching these videos helped me understand the decision process behind drafting these white european, 7-foot, 3 point shooting prospects. there is so much skill there, and yes jay bilas, so much length, but it is tough to determine if they really have what it takes.

as for this guy: first of all, i think he looks pretty similar to me, despite being a foot taller. second, for being 7 feet, his quickness and agility is unreal. his ability to play off the dribble can only be compared to the great hakeem olajuwon (who, i should add, could kick this guys butt while 12 beers deep)

from what i saw---

Positives:
    -7 feet tall
    -freakishly quick for his size
    -great free throw shooter
    -good three point shooter
    -aggressive offensive rebounder
    -great ballhandler for his size
    -left handed

Negatives:
    -soft finisher
    -inability to dominate
    -sub mediocre defense
    -same initials as Darko
    -needs to eat more
    -unlikely to grasp 'The Secret'

all in all, I am torn. he has the potential to be a nightmare mismatch, and he is much more athletic/fast/quick than effective 7 footers like Dirk, Bargnani etc.
    On the other hand, if we have learned anything over the last 15 or so drafts, it's that overconfident tall Euro prospects with tricky last names almost never work out.

if I was a GM of a bottom-feeding NBA team, I'd be praying I get the top pick so i could just take Wall and not have to stress over this Donanitas Darkovic guy.

I really doubt that he will be that high or even in the draft. I have seen this guy play im from the same country as he is and I dont really think hes ready for the NBA ...

sergiorodriguez
    Fan in the Stands (unregistered)

Quote Originally Posted by Yung D-Will
    How so???
    big man with physical talent and skill, but arrogance and mental problems, doesnt have the will to dominate even in Europe, poor work ethic, he's not all of the sudden going to gain work ethic and the will to dominate by coming to the NBA, his mental problems will still exist, just like the arrogant lump Darko.

Darko also had amazing quickness and agility for a 7 footer. Infact he was supposed to revolutionize the center position with his quickness and agility. Why didnt it happen? Arrogance, no work ethic, mental issues. This guy seems to have the same mentality as darko

Quote Originally Posted by sergiorodriguez
    big man with physical talent and skill, but arrogance and mental problems, doesnt have the will to dominate even in Europe, poor work ethic, he's not all of the sudden going to gain work ethic and the will to dominate by coming to the NBA, his mental problems will still exist, just like the arrogant lump Darko.

Darko also had amazing quickness and agility for a 7 footer. Infact he was supposed to revolutionize the center position with his quickness and agility. Why didnt it happen? Arrogance, no work ethic, mental issues. This guy seems to have the same mentality as darko
    Do you know how many draftees that went in the nba had immaturity problems?