Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-27-2011, 09:55 PM   #16
Bandito
pauk's stan
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,875
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by taucesays
You got called a retard by the guy that said coaching in the NBA is overrated. That makes you a double retard.
Buuuuuuuurrrrnnnnnnn!

Anyways he needs to win 3 rings before he decides to play Baseball
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:53 PM   #17
SavageMode
2EZ
 
SavageMode's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2010
Posts: 2,013
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgregoden
Wade is too athletic for baseball.
Semi-agree here. Baseball coaches are the most useless kind of coaches. They just sit there, chew gum and pretend to be important or have an effect in the game. Also more than half of a baseball game consists of standing around.
SavageMode is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 10:55 PM   #18
Stillatitdamnit
Banned
 
Stillatitdamnit's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2010
Location: in Yao's throne
Posts: 136
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

He already got the roid head, why not?
Stillatitdamnit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:31 PM   #19
FKAri
Good college starter
 
FKAri's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2010
Posts: 3,106
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgregoden
Wade is too athletic for baseball.

Hey maybe he can go for bunts and use his quickness to reach first base.
FKAri is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:33 PM   #20
gilalizard
National High School Star
 
gilalizard's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Posts: 2,215
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

I think they test for HGH in baseball.
gilalizard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:42 PM   #21
FindingTim
National High School Star
 
FindingTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,236
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by lilgregoden
Wade is too athletic for baseball.

Baseball is the finest combination of physical and mental skills.
That's why, despite being an athletic specimen, MJ couldn't hang in baseball.

There sure are a lot of baseball haters out there...
people mock what they don't understand.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2011, 11:50 PM   #22
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 31,711
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
Baseball is the finest combination of physical and mental skills.
That's why, despite being an athletic specimen, MJ couldn't hang in baseball.

There sure are a lot of baseball haters out there...
people mock what they don't understand.

MJ could hang in baseball. watch the 30 for 30 documentary: Jordan Rides the Bus. If a athletic specimen like MJ cant hang in baseball, what do you call a fat slugger like Prince Fielder or a Fat pitcher (CC Sabathia). It goes both ways.

In Baseball, lots of flaws you can hide in a player if you can excel in only one aspect of the game: either pitching or hitting. if you can constantly hit or throw a 90 mph baseball, you can play in the majors pretty much. thats why baseball is a flawed game.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:26 AM   #23
FindingTim
National High School Star
 
FindingTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,236
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DuMa
MJ could hang in baseball. watch the 30 for 30 documentary: Jordan Rides the Bus. If a athletic specimen like MJ cant hang in baseball, what do you call a fat slugger like Prince Fielder or a Fat pitcher (CC Sabathia). It goes both ways.

In Baseball, lots of flaws you can hide in a player if you can excel in only one aspect of the game: either pitching or hitting. if you can constantly hit or throw a 90 mph baseball, you can play in the majors pretty much. thats why baseball is a flawed game.

I see what you are saying, but being able to hide a weakness does not make baseball "flawed." Different, perhaps, but not flawed.

Obviously people like me who love baseball are going to defend it like a child.

Can we at least agree that it basketball is an easier sport?
There is a far better chance that a great baseball player is also good at basketball, than a great basketball player is also good at baseball.

Both sports require great hand-eye-coordination and good athleticism, but there is a fine mental component needed to be good at baseball that basketball does not require.

Personally I am pretty good at both sports, but I take much more pride in my baseball ability because, quite simply, it is a much rarer talent.
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 01:44 AM   #24
Bandito
pauk's stan
 
Bandito's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2009
Location: Puerto Rico
Posts: 10,875
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
I see what you are saying, but being able to hide a weakness does not make baseball "flawed." Different, perhaps, but not flawed.

Obviously people like me who love baseball are going to defend it like a child.

Can we at least agree that it basketball is an easier sport?
There is a far better chance that a great baseball player is also good at basketball, than a great basketball player is also good at baseball.

Both sports require great hand-eye-coordination and good athleticism, but there is a fine mental component needed to be good at baseball that basketball does not require.

Personally I am pretty good at both sports, but I take much more pride in my baseball ability because, quite simply, it is a much rarer talent.
Baseball requires good athleticism?
Bandito is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:05 AM   #25
DuMa
Canned
 
DuMa's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2008
Posts: 31,711
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by FindingTim
I see what you are saying, but being able to hide a weakness does not make baseball "flawed." Different, perhaps, but not flawed.

Obviously people like me who love baseball are going to defend it like a child.

Can we at least agree that it basketball is an easier sport?
There is a far better chance that a great baseball player is also good at basketball, than a great basketball player is also good at baseball.

Both sports require great hand-eye-coordination and good athleticism, but there is a fine mental component needed to be good at baseball that basketball does not require.

Personally I am pretty good at both sports, but I take much more pride in my baseball ability because, quite simply, it is a much rarer talent.

ill agree basketball is more forgiving in its scheduling, which is why its more easier than baseball. baseball is more grueling day in and day out, but it doesnt has to be. it continues to be that way because baseball doesnt want to give up its tradition. im not gonna sit here and compare the two sports but i think basketball is just more universally acceptable at all times in every season as opposed to baseball is only acceptable in summer/spring conditions.
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:27 AM   #26
winwin
Free Kosovo
 
winwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Posts: 1,460
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stillatitdamnit
He already got the roid head, why not?
winwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2011, 02:49 AM   #27
FindingTim
National High School Star
 
FindingTim's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 2,236
Default Re: Should Wade try out for baseball?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bandito
Baseball requires good athleticism?

pitchers are an exception-- they are akin to 3 point shooters in the NBA (accuracy specialists)

but great hitters and great fielders? athleticism is key. Even a fatty like Prince Fielder is a good athlete, he just happens to be fat.

I love both sports though, so I'm gonna stop debating and go watch more of The Mentalist (yes, I use inappropriate settings to shamelessly promote things I deem worthy of people's time).
FindingTim is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:
Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 01:52 PM.




NBA Basketball Forum Key Links:
InsideHoops Home
NBA Rumors
Basketball Blog
NBA Daily Recaps
NBA Videos
Fantasy Basketball
NBA Mock Draft
NBA Free Agents
All-Star Weekend
---
High School Basketball
Streetball
---
InsideHoops Twitter
Search Our Site













Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy