Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Charlotte Hornets Forum

Charlotte Hornets Forum Charlotte Hornets message board forum

Old 07-07-2008, 01:44 PM   #1
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

Default PF Al Harrington being shopped

In need of a point guard, the Golden State Warriors are expected to see what they can get in a trade for PF Al Harrington. (SportingNews) - http://www.sportingnews.com/yourturn...c.php?t=431805

His contract is around 9 million this coming year then 10 million the year after and aged 28 he should be entering his prime.

Whilst I don't rate him highly, and think he'd be rather average, I can see us maybe being linked with him. Can't really see us dealing either point straight up for him as he reminds me of Nazr (average player but overpaid a couple million where-as both our points are clear assests on current deals) but maybe offering one for him plus a first pick or something would be a more attractive deal than anything else they'll get.

I'd not go for it but interested in what others think of him? Maybe a 3 way trade where we give them a young starting point guard but get something else back in return (like a clear back-up PG) too would work?

Last edited by MikeUK : 07-07-2008 at 01:50 PM.
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 03:17 PM   #2
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Default Re: PF Al Harrington being shopped

He may remind you of Nazr for financial reasons but as a player, he is incredibly different. Harrington loves to hang around the perimeter and has a tendancy to jack it from distance. For a PF, he shoots a lot of 3s (5 3PTpg) and rebounds very little (5.4 rpg). If he was paid less, he would be worth a look to become that quicker big next to Mek, but as is, his contract is way too big for us to take.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-07-2008, 06:07 PM   #3
MikeUK
Decent playground baller

yes that is exactly what I meant. In terms of ability and value, not style of play just to clear it up :)
MikeUK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:15 PM   #4
Timmeh
Yes, I am a dick.

He costs too much, we'd have to give up too much, and he really wouldn't compliment what we want. He'd basically be another, taller Gerald Wallace.
Timmeh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2008, 02:47 PM   #5
TarHeelBorn
Local High School Star

Not at all. Harrington is much less than that. He is a taller G-Force that plays less defense, chucks more shots, and hussles less.
TarHeelBorn is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: