Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-05-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
pj24lal

pj24lal has an OK reputation so far
Default Ricky Hatton - Floyd Mayweather

Don't recall a thread for a while and the big fight is coming up soon, anyone watching? Thoughts?
pj24lal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:24 PM   #2
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

MakeMeSomeFoodHo has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Ricky Hatton - Floyd Mayweather

I hope ricky hatton knocks floyds head off then hits his genius father and uncle(maybe it will ake them smarter, because they cant get any more dumb)....talk about a low class family.
MakeMeSomeFoodHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:27 PM   #3
pj24lal

Quote:
Originally Posted by MakeMeSomeFoodHo
I hope ricky hatton knocks floyds head off then hits his genius father and uncle(maybe it will ake them smarter, because they cant get any more dumb)....talk about a low class family.

I'll be honest, I don't know a hell of a lot about Floyd, but I saw him on Cribs and he seems like an ss lol. Not that a boxer should be nice and cuddly but still, I hope Hatton wins.
Old 12-05-2007, 06:29 PM   #4
MakeMeSomeFoodHo
Banned

MakeMeSomeFoodHo has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by pj24lal
I'll be honest, I don't know a hell of a lot about Floyd, but I saw him on Cribs and he seems like an ss lol. Not that a boxer should be nice and cuddly but still, I hope Hatton wins.
he, and his entire family are low class pieces of trash
MakeMeSomeFoodHo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:46 PM   #5
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One is considered somewhat coolTarik One is considered somewhat cool

Quote:

This is exactly what Floyd wants and expects. It's mostly an act to generate more interest in the fight. He's playing the villain role to add to counter Hatton's hero role. And you cannot ignore the race angle either. It's gonna be Rocky vs Creed all over again.

This is how uninformed casual fans will view the fight:

Here you have Ricky Hatton the hard-nosed blue collar Brit who represents everything that's good and had to work hard for everything he's got is going against the cocky, loud-mouthed, straight from the hood Mayweather who thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.

A lot of white people out there are absolutely praying that Hatton smashes Mayweather's face in this Saturday. But it's not going to happen though.
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 06:50 PM   #6
pj24lal

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarik One
This is exactly what Floyd wants and expects. It's mostly an act to generate more interest in the fight. He's playing the villain role to add to counter Hatton's hero role. And you cannot ignore the race angle either. It's gonna be Rocky vs Creed all over again.

This is how uninformed casual fans will view the fight:

Here you have Ricky Hatton the hard-nosed blue collar Brit who represents everything that's good and had to work hard for everything he's got is going against the cocky, loud-mouthed, straight from the hood Mayweather who thinks he's the best thing since sliced bread.

A lot of white people out there are absolutely praying that Hatton smashes Mayweather's face in this Saturday. But it's not going to happen though.

Yeah but I'm all for Hatton and I doubt he will walk this or anything, but Mayweather is playing into his hands, hasn't he been intentionally wearing Manchester United shirts or something? And he says he's just a fat man? As if Ricky didn't already want to kick his ass.. there's confidence, and then there's stupidity. Floyd seems to be on the line.
Old 12-05-2007, 08:07 PM   #7
pj24lal

Is there any Floyd fans here?
Old 12-05-2007, 08:12 PM   #8
TMacsOneGoodEye
College star

TMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this boardTMacsOneGoodEye is popular on this board

Floyd Jr. = boringest fighter of ALL TIME.

Hoping Hatton kills him with the quickness, but I always hope this and it never happens.

Sucks this is on the same time as a high profile MMA event. It's going to be tough to watch both.
TMacsOneGoodEye is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 08:34 PM   #9
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by TMacsOneGoodEye
Floyd Jr. = boringest fighter of ALL TIME.

Hoping Hatton kills him with the quickness, but I always hope this and it never happens.

Sucks this is on the same time as a high profile MMA event. It's going to be tough to watch both.

On Hattons best day and Floyd worst...he doesnt have the same quickness as Floyd. Best bet for Ricky is to jump on Floyd early since Floyd starts off slow because he spends 2-3 rounds feeling out a fighter. Floyd rarely ever goes away from his gameplan to outbox an opponent especially one who relies on the inside fighting, physical style Ricky has.

This fight could either be a good one or one that resembles Floyd vs Gatti. Either way Hatton wont be winning the fight unless he baits Floyd to go toe to toe with him...try and challenge and mess with Floyds pride and get him off his game. Then and only then is he open for an upset...dont see it happening.

Just hope the fight is better than the previews on HBO which are comedy. But they were comedy when he fought Oscar and that fight bombed.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 09:56 PM   #10
PK3434
Good Golly!

PK3434 has an OK reputation so far

I hope like hell that this is a good fight but Hatton has a tendency to hold and grab and Mayweather's defense is so good that he makes fights boring sometimes. I hope Hatton hurts Mayweather early, so Mayweather actually starts fighting...otherwise, it will be a less than spectacular decision in favor of Mayweather.
PK3434 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-05-2007, 10:00 PM   #11
BrooklynZoo
The Brooklyn Brawler.

BrooklynZoo has decent reputationBrooklynZoo has decent reputation

id be surprised if hatton makes this one interesting.
BrooklynZoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-07-2007, 07:12 PM   #12
pj24lal

Just watched the weigh-in earlier, pretty intense, another face-to-face. Sounds like Hatton took all of Manchester with him!!

"Who've you come here to see? Floyd?"

"NOOO!"

"Me?"

"YEEAAH!"

Amazing.
Old 12-07-2007, 07:22 PM   #13
GoRapz
Fire Dwane Casey

GoRapz has decent reputation

Man I love Mayweathers personality. It's amazing