Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Los Angeles Clippers Forum

Los Angeles Clippers Forum Clippers message board - clippers fan forum

Old 01-05-2008, 02:01 AM   #1
qrich
King Heno

qrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterqrich is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Mid-Season Trades?

If we want to really say goodbye to this season, I won't mind a deal with the 6ers:

Corey Maggette to Philadelphia for Rodney Carney, Jason Smith, Kevin Ollie[Waived]

Smith is a big man who can hit the jumper, have to say he's a much better version of Paul Davis and Carney is a nice young offguard/small forward who can turn out to be solid. Thornton/Carney on the wings in a few years could be scary if you ask me.

Cuttino Mobley and Rights to Sofo to the Miami Heat for Jason Williams.

Heat are a team which are struggling and can really use the leadership that Cat can bring in my opinion to help turn that thing around. Due to Wade and Cat both having pretty solid handles, both of them can be on the court at the same time. I've given up on the Sofo experiment. Maybe add another future 2nd to Miami. Williams expiring is basically all we get him for.

Tim Thomas, Aaron Williams, to the Phoenix Suns for Boris Diaw, Eric Pike, Sean Marks

Suns get rid of Diaw's contract while getting Thomas in return, who flourished in their system hitting more then his fair share of treys. Diaw fits in Dunleavy's matchup half court offense very well in my opinion as he can pass the ball from the low post and is a decent shooter.

So overall, we deal: Maggette, Mobley, Thomas, A. Williams, Rights to Sofo for: Boris Diaw, Carney, Jason Smith, Pike, Jason Williams, Sean Marks, Kevin Ollie

We get to dump the contracts of Mobley and Thomas, while in return getting two solid young guys and nice cap space, along with someone who can be a great player in Dunleavy's match-up offensive schemes.

Depth Chart[minus what happens in the draft & free agency for next season]
PG: Shaun Livingston | Sam Cassell | Brevin Knight
SG: Rodney Carney | Quinton Ross |
SF: Al Thornton | Boris Diaw
PF: Elton Brand | Josh Powell
CE: Chris Kaman | Jason Smith | Paul Davis

If we can add Derick Rose and plug him at PG, that team can be very scary, not to mention, pending we just give Shaun his player option, Sammy a tiny deal[2.5 mil?] and Elton picks up his option and Davis signs for about 1 mil, we will only have committed about $56,008,065 when thrown in the rookie deal. Won't give us much flexibility, about 4 mil at the most.

Edit: I know many of you might not like this, and I don't like it much either, but I'm bored out of my mind
qrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-2008, 10:37 PM   #2
The Big Three
Spurs Forum Moderator

The Big Three has decent reputation
Default Re: Mid-Season Trades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich
If we want to really say goodbye to this season, I won't mind a deal with the 6ers:

Corey Maggette to Philadelphia for Rodney Carney, Jason Smith, Kevin Ollie[Waived]

Smith is a big man who can hit the jumper, have to say he's a much better version of Paul Davis and Carney is a nice young offguard/small forward who can turn out to be solid. Thornton/Carney on the wings in a few years could be scary if you ask me.

Cuttino Mobley and Rights to Sofo to the Miami Heat for Jason Williams.

Heat are a team which are struggling and can really use the leadership that Cat can bring in my opinion to help turn that thing around. Due to Wade and Cat both having pretty solid handles, both of them can be on the court at the same time. I've given up on the Sofo experiment. Maybe add another future 2nd to Miami. Williams expiring is basically all we get him for.

Tim Thomas, Aaron Williams, to the Phoenix Suns for Boris Diaw, Eric Pike, Sean Marks

Suns get rid of Diaw's contract while getting Thomas in return, who flourished in their system hitting more then his fair share of treys. Diaw fits in Dunleavy's matchup half court offense very well in my opinion as he can pass the ball from the low post and is a decent shooter.

So overall, we deal: Maggette, Mobley, Thomas, A. Williams, Rights to Sofo for: Boris Diaw, Carney, Jason Smith, Pike, Jason Williams, Sean Marks, Kevin Ollie

We get to dump the contracts of Mobley and Thomas, while in return getting two solid young guys and nice cap space, along with someone who can be a great player in Dunleavy's match-up offensive schemes.

Depth Chart[minus what happens in the draft & free agency for next season]
PG: Shaun Livingston | Sam Cassell | Brevin Knight
SG: Rodney Carney | Quinton Ross |
SF: Al Thornton | Boris Diaw
PF: Elton Brand | Josh Powell
CE: Chris Kaman | Jason Smith | Paul Davis

If we can add Derick Rose and plug him at PG, that team can be very scary, not to mention, pending we just give Shaun his player option, Sammy a tiny deal[2.5 mil?] and Elton picks up his option and Davis signs for about 1 mil, we will only have committed about $56,008,065 when thrown in the rookie deal. Won't give us much flexibility, about 4 mil at the most.

Edit: I know many of you might not like this, and I don't like it much either, but I'm bored out of my mind

You'd have to be pretty lucky with them lottery balls to get Derrick Rose. I think Jerryd Bayless is more in your range. Chase Budinger can handle the ball, but I'm not quite sure you'd want him unless he was taken as a value pick at the end of the lottery.
The Big Three is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:03 AM   #3
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Patrick27 has an OK reputation so far

Not sure Philly wants Maggette because he'd have to play with AI somehow...

But...

How about Maggette to Detroit for Amir Johnson and expirers? Would you need a pick as well? I'd throw in Minnesota's 2nd rounder, likely pick 31 overall...

Detroit wants to win now, and LAC could use a young athletic F who could be very good next year if given minutes to grow this season.

Thoughts?
Patrick27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 02:54 PM   #4
hutcht02
Mr. Basketball

hutcht02 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patrick27
Not sure Philly wants Maggette because he'd have to play with AI somehow...

But...

How about Maggette to Detroit for Amir Johnson and expirers? Would you need a pick as well? I'd throw in Minnesota's 2nd rounder, likely pick 31 overall...

Detroit wants to win now, and LAC could use a young athletic F who could be very good next year if given minutes to grow this season.

Thoughts?

AI's more of a SG anyway. He and Maggette could play together. And as far as the Detroit trade goes, I'd ask for Maxiell first. That kid's special. If we can't land Maxiell, then we could take Amir Johnson, but Maxiell would be my first pick. Even just straight up.
hutcht02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 03:14 PM   #5
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hutcht02
AI's more of a SG anyway. He and Maggette could play together. And as far as the Detroit trade goes, I'd ask for Maxiell first. That kid's special. If we can't land Maxiell, then we could take Amir Johnson, but Maxiell would be my first pick. Even just straight up.

If Philly were trying to win now, I could see them making a deal by the deadline, but they're not. If they make this deal, it'd be a sign and trade over the summer. I think Maggette will be long gone by then.

I doubt Detroit would trade a rotation player like Maxiell, and he's our 6th man this year. Besides, I can't see him playing next to Brand because they're both undersized PFs. No offense, but I think LAC have more to look at then improving their bench right now - especially when some people are mentioning a fire sale. (That is, unless Brand is available for Maxiell...)

Amir's tough to trade because he's a BYC player, but he's fallen way out of the rotation and has value to a rebuilding team with a youth movement. I could see Detroit trading away a future prospect for a mercenary that can put us over the top in the East (Maggette will opt out anyway). There's some reason to be concerned that Detroit can't beat Boston, especially when it comes to our firepower.
Old 01-14-2008, 04:32 PM   #6
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
If Philly were trying to win now, I could see them making a deal by the deadline, but they're not. If they make this deal, it'd be a sign and trade over the summer. I think Maggette will be long gone by then.

I doubt Detroit would trade a rotation player like Maxiell, and he's our 6th man this year. Besides, I can't see him playing next to Brand because they're both undersized PFs. No offense, but I think LAC have more to look at then improving their bench right now - especially when some people are mentioning a fire sale. (That is, unless Brand is available for Maxiell...)

Amir's tough to trade because he's a BYC player, but he's fallen way out of the rotation and has value to a rebuilding team with a youth movement. I could see Detroit trading away a future prospect for a mercenary that can put us over the top in the East (Maggette will opt out anyway). There's some reason to be concerned that Detroit can't beat Boston, especially when it comes to our firepower.
Come on guy get real. You do understand Maggette is our leading scorer. Please come back with a more reasonable offer. You loss all credibility when you proposed Brand for Maxiell.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2008, 05:13 PM   #7
Patrick27
Good High School Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by adiedanny
Come on guy get real. You do understand Maggette is our leading scorer. Please come back with a more reasonable offer. You loss all credibility when you proposed Brand for Maxiell.

I wasn't so much proposing Brand for Maxiell as I was suggesting that you don't need another undersized PF. I realize it would take a LOT to get Brand, and Detroit really doesn't have room for him anyway. Sorry if you feel I disrespected you, because I wasn't trying to do that.
Old 01-15-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
adiedanny
Die Hard Clippers Fan

adiedanny has decent reputation

Quote:
I wasn't so much proposing Brand for Maxiell as I was suggesting that you don't need another undersized PF. I realize it would take a LOT to get Brand, and Detroit really doesn't have room for him anyway. Sorry if you feel I disrespected you, because I wasn't trying to do that.
No problem, I'm so used to other fans coming in here and making pennies on the dollar trade offers. I would not mind getting my hands on Prince no matter what it takes as long as Brand, Kaman or Thornton are excluded.

Last edited by adiedanny : 01-15-2008 at 10:47 AM.
adiedanny is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2008, 12:13 PM   #9
ThyGreatOne
Decent playground baller

ThyGreatOne has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by qrich

finally someone who knows what they are talking about. muhahaha, naw in all seriousness i like your idea. i like getting rid of Diaw and getting back Thomas and Williams, we need rebounding and inside help, Diaw is giving us nothing, plus who needs Pike and Marks? we never play them unless its garbage time anyways, and are not part of the reg rotation. so no big loss on them 2, Diaw is a loss only if he ever was to return to that form he had before Amare came back. when Diaw was our center and a beat in the playoffs!
ThyGreatOne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-31-2008, 07:01 PM   #10
darabzarrabi
High School JV MVP

darabzarrabi has decent reputation

a more realistic deal is trying to get JR Smith/X for Sammy Cassell to the Nuggets...I think that JR is a great young player and it is a pretty low risk move for the Clips...it wouldnt hurt to have explosive players like Al Thorton and JR throwing down jams once in a while to fill up the seats
darabzarrabi is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: