Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Default Re: JR Smith Suspended 1 Game

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    So you really are an idiot.

How would you react if someone punched you in the nuts? Everyone would go down.

Smith was standing still, punched him in the nuts and then started dribbling. There was nothing accidental about it. You don't accidentally clench your fist and punch someone in the nuts.

He was clearly reacting to Rice's physical defense.
    He was clearing space, Rice was in his way. If you wanna call it an offensive foul fine, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the nuts... stop being a homer. You are the only one that thinks he did that intentionally.

Quote Originally Posted by oarabbus

It was an offensive foul regardless of hitting the nuts. You can't extend your forearm.
    Poor Lebron even Prigioni would lock him down.

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    He was clearing space, Rice was in his way. If you wanna call it an offensive foul fine, but he wasn't trying to hit him in the nuts... stop being a homer. You are the only one that thinks he did that intentionally.

So dumb. I am not the one who suspended him.

You don't clench your fist and punch someone to clear space.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by MellowYellow
    I must say, people are more clever than we are sometimes led to believe. Some players attempt to be smarter than punching a punching without veiling it first.

I've never intentionally punched another player in the groin, but I have executed many illegal on-court maneuvers while trying to make it look as natural as possible, similar to Smith's attempt. Makes for a perfect alibi, "You think I could have the frame of mind to try to elbow someone while naturally attempting to blow past them? Why would I even?"

Quote Originally Posted by tontoz
    So you really are an idiot.

How would you react if someone punched you in the nuts? Everyone would go down.

Smith was standing still, punched him in the nuts and then started dribbling. There was nothing accidental about it. You don't accidentally clench your fist and punch someone in the nuts.

He was clearly reacting to Rice's physical defense.
    This and the NBA agrees.