Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Houston Rockets Forum

Houston Rockets Forum Houston Rockets message board - rockets fan forum

Old 10-05-2008, 09:53 PM   #31
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Default Re: Battier & Artest

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrcp3
NO IT'S NICE A NICE PROBLEM TO HAVE. Member what happen in Toronto with Tj Ford and Jose Caldron? .... ARTEST EGO is off the mappp! 6TH man for the whole season? I DON'T THINK SO
Artests ego isnt as big as you're making it out to be. even if he comes off the bench, he would infact get more shots and the same amount of minutes if he were to start. by bringing him off the bench, it allows us to run the offense through him. he certianly wouldnt get that opportunity as a starter with mcgrady and yao.
ronnymac is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:55 PM   #32
Lakers (KB24)
Learning to shoot layups

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronnymac
Artests ego isnt as big as you're making it out to be. even if he comes off the bench, he would infact get more shots and the same amount of minutes if he were to start. by bringing him off the bench, it allows us to run the offense through him. he certianly wouldnt get that opportunity as a starter with mcgrady and yao.

i regularly watch the pacers, and you probably don't want the offense ran through artest consistently. lmao.
Lakers (KB24) is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 09:58 PM   #33
Venja42
Decent playground baller

As far as starting, Scola should be the 4. For those of you who watched the Olympics, it looked like his game has progressed. Great defense, grabbing boards and the thing that drove me crazy watching Argentina was how he'll be in a horrible position on the floor with the basketball and still find a way to score.

It really shouldnt matter who starts for the Rockets but who finishes.
Venja42 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 10:01 PM   #34
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Quote:
Originally Posted by Venja42
As far as starting, Scola should be the 4. For those of you who watched the Olympics, it looked like his game has progressed. Great defense, grabbing boards and the thing that drove me crazy watching Argentina was how he'll be in a horrible position on the floor with the basketball and still find a way to score.

It really shouldnt matter who starts for the Rockets but who finishes.
offcourse he will be. i see scola averaging around fourteen and eight this year.
Old 10-05-2008, 10:26 PM   #35
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lakers (KB24)
i like battier, but sometimes i don't understand the "hype" or whatever you call it. he plays great defense and has a lot of intangibles, but the man averages 8 points, and he's not exactly a domiant rebounder or assist man.

wat "hype"? the only time battier's name is mentioned is when people are talking about defense and hustle and he does those things pretty well.
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2008, 11:24 PM   #36
D.J.
NBA lottery pick

I would prefer Artest to come off the bench. He can provide the energy off the bench the Rockets desperately need. Even if Artest does come off the bench, he can still play 25-30 minutes per game. Artest and Battier can each play at least two positions, so there are a lot of options for this team.
D.J. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 08:05 AM   #37
DCL
Very good NBA starter

if this team can't even get out of the first round..... the rockets should just join the wnba
DCL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 12:22 PM   #38
ronnymac
NBA lottery pick

Ron has beefed up to a staggaring 270 pounds of all muscle. apprantly at the camp he is beating on the players in practise. as brent barry put it: for people who have seen Ron player over the years on televesion, it's much different when you have a practise jersey on and he is banging up against you. i mean the guy really, really, really is unstoppable player. the guy is an physical speciman.

Brent barry knows needs the deal.
Old 10-06-2008, 02:54 PM   #39
Jordandunk23
Rockets

Quote:
Originally Posted by DCL
if this team can't even get out of the first round..... the rockets should just join the wnba

FAIL!
Jordandunk23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 03:04 PM   #40
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Denali
inevitably they'll both be starting once she-mac succumbs to his annual injury
Hilarious!
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: