Page 54 of 63 FirstFirst ... 44451525354555657 ... LastLast

Default Re: NBA 2K13 'GENERAL' Discussion

Cranked the game speed to 100 and turned of all the rules. Also turned timeouts to manual.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

yeah let me know if that still gives you the 600 or whatever it is.

So I was watching the game a little bit and saw Steve Blake flop then got posterized by Anthony Davis

3-time NBA All-Star

I don't really do "My Player".... could someone fill me in on this whole 'VC' debacle as in what are they, how are they used, and what the fuss is about?

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    I don't really do "My Player".... could someone fill me in on this whole 'VC' debacle as in what are they, how are they used, and what the fuss is about?
    vc is earned from everything (it's virtual currency). even if you play a 1 min quarter quick game you will earn a little bit of vc (provided you're online, as it's hosted on 2k's servers). in my player its what buys your skills up, hosts something like team events or local events, buys accessories, and more. in my team it buys players, booster packs, and i think some other stuff.

the fuss is you earn it at a ridiculously slow rate in comparison to how much you need it. if you play my player at all, its silly. you need to choose between making your character better or giving him an armband, something you've never had to do in previous games. the fuss is also that you can just buy them, so people suspect 2k did this so that people would just get lazy and buy them, giving them $$$$$$$$.

3-time NBA All-Star

Is the VC used at all in offline association mode?

WTF I didn't get anything?? fix this bullshit 2K

im pretty sure you just earn it from games and thats it.

have you been playing much assoc?

Quote Originally Posted by d.bball.guy
    WTF I didn't get anything?? fix this bullshit 2K
    maybe its cause you adjusted certain things. kinda saw that coming.

just under 8 mins left in the 4th for me here. lets see what happens.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    maybe its cause you adjusted certain things. kinda saw that coming.

just under 8 mins left in the 4th for me here. lets see what happens.
    Well, I'll just do it tomorrow then.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    im pretty sure you just earn it from games and thats it.

have you been playing much assoc?
    Its been a pretty busy week so I haven't had much time to play any aspects of the game so far... maybe two exhibitions, and then I started a T-Wolves association, and I'm one game into the assoc'

I made a thread in the Video Game Forum hoping others were as into the Association Mode as myself.

Its really the only thing I do in the 2k games.... in 2k12 I did at least one with every team in the league even though I rarely played many of the games. Just worked the roster, made good trades and signings, and drafted and developed my youth.

3-time NBA All-Star

At a quick glance, it sounds like it kills the online aspect of "My Team" when all it takes is real-life money to make your team ridiculous.

Bad decision by 2k in terms of the actual gameplay and respecting its audience.... but a very good business decision.

got 600 vc from sitting here for pretty much exactly one hour and leaving it there. not bad...i'll do it quite a bit i think.

Quote Originally Posted by BankShot
    Its been a pretty busy week so I haven't had much time to play any aspects of the game so far... maybe two exhibitions, and then I started a T-Wolves association, and I'm one game into the assoc'

I made a thread in the Video Game Forum hoping others were as into the Association Mode as myself.

Its really the only thing I do in the 2k games.... in 2k12 I did at least one with every team in the league even though I rarely played many of the games. Just worked the roster, made good trades and signings, and drafted and developed my youth.
    Yeah, I love doing that. Takeover a team, trade around, sim the games, draft, free agency, and keep building until you win a championship (or for me, until draft classes start to overlap/fake players).

It's a fun time waster. There used to be a program like that made for message board gm games stuff... User base updated rosters and it gave legit box scores. Forgot what it was called.

Oh, 5 minutes left in my game. I started an association for this and chose the Warriors.

Down 107-103 to the Suns right now. Kind of want to play and win this game. Ha. Klay Thompson hits a 3 with 4 seconds left to win. I left it simmed.

OMFG. It froze after the Jordan Brand player of the game. Are you shitting me? That's some bull shit. Just the game... I can hit the xbox guide thing and it works perfectly fine.
    Last edited by IGotACoolStory; 10-07-2012 at 02:51 AM.