Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Godzilla trailer

Watched
    the Broderick 98 version with Jean Reno like forty times when I was 7 years old.

Huge sucker for reptiles, dinosaurs and the Nwe York Knicks

Movie was GARBAGE however great potential soem of the stuff was lovely though

the whole scifi mutation thing with that old japanese guy going gojira... gojira

and then they try to slay the beast but u cant fukk with it underwater

whats this a TWIST..GOJIRA BABY? and they all up in this trapped building nowhere to go but to use their cunning in their little squad.. dude knocks down the gumballs to trip em and the chandeliers ahahhaha yes military tactics indeed

and to be honset Diddy and Jimmy Pages collaboration "come with me"1 might have PISSED off a lot of rock fans but that song is catchy as fukk. its right up there with walk this way in its genre when it comes to workout songs. intense, fun, cool azz rock rap hybrid.

Let's see a juiced up less cheeesy grittier version of it.

YEAH.

Banned

I don't think Hollywood is running out of ideas but they are coming pretty close. All the great films as of late have been written and directed by Chinese and Korean directors. It could be that we are running out of talent from a directing standpoint.

Christopher Nolan is known as a great director but he comes off as a snob. His movies aren't just a movie anymore, they have some philosophical relevance to society. Too much thinking is involved in his movies. Like the Batman trilogies, instead of it being a Batman story, he decided to go further and make it a deep film. A story within a story. Inception was like that too.

Second of all, the problem with films today is that the directors have to please the studios and movie executives. Certain films are made with a PG13 rating so they avoid the R rating. I can understand why, get more butts and kids into seats but it takes away from what can be done.

Old Boy for an example, is a dumb ass plot. What made it good was the actors and how the movie was filmed. Every scene was a work of art. Again, it has to do with the director and the Korean director is light years ahead of Spike Lee or any other directors who dare to remake it.

I have to agree with Spike changing the movie because the American audience is not ready for a movie like Old Boy. If they were to watch the original version, I bet people will be asking for their money back. You have to be a Film Aficionado to really appreciate a movie like that.

CGI is suffocating every single scene of that trailer to the point that everything looks fake as hell - less is more hollywood.

Hollywood isn't "running out of ideas"

They'd rather bank on known commodities than to risk losing money on something unknown yet original.

This is why you see numerous sequels and remakes. Money money money.

Very good NBA starter

do we blame hollywood or do we blame the movie goers?

if nobody went to watch all the shitty remakes and films with unoriginal ideas, they wouldn't keep making them.

but the sheep keep going back, so hollywood keeps feeding the sheep.

It kind of reminds me of a high budget version of Cloverfield. Reminds me mostly of it during the Halo jump and they descend upon Gozilla.

**** yeah!!!

Quote Originally Posted by TheReal Kendall
    Hollywood is running out ideas

Love Live Life

Quote Originally Posted by 9erempiree
    I don't think Hollywood is running out of ideas but they are coming pretty close. All the great films as of late have been written and directed by Chinese and Korean directors. It could be that we are running out of talent from a directing standpoint.

Christopher Nolan is known as a great director but he comes off as a snob. His movies aren't just a movie anymore, they have some philosophical relevance to society. Too much thinking is involved in his movies. Like the Batman trilogies, instead of it being a Batman story, he decided to go further and make it a deep film. A story within a story. Inception was like that too.

Second of all, the problem with films today is that the directors have to please the studios and movie executives. Certain films are made with a PG13 rating so they avoid the R rating. I can understand why, get more butts and kids into seats but it takes away from what can be done.

Old Boy for an example, is a dumb ass plot. What made it good was the actors and how the movie was filmed. Every scene was a work of art. Again, it has to do with the director and the Korean director is light years ahead of Spike Lee or any other directors who dare to remake it.

I have to agree with Spike changing the movie because the American audience is not ready for a movie like Old Boy. If they were to watch the original version, I bet people will be asking for their money back. You have to be a Film Aficionado to really appreciate a movie like that.

I seen Old Boy back in the day and I loved it. All of my friends loved it too.

I agree with you though on the other stuff but I do feel like they're running out of ideas unless they're just being lazy

You guys know nothing about movies.

That song is straight from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

Quote Originally Posted by fsvr54
    You guys know nothing about movies.

That song is straight from 2001 A Space Odyssey.

i don't ever remembering hearing that song back in 2001

[COLOR="White"]trollin trollin trollin[/COLOR]

its actually got some japanese people in it!

That is a great trailer.

And how did this thread descend into an argument on originality in Hollywood? Japan has been making ridiculous Godzilla sequels since the 60's. This is what? The 2nd American Godzilla film?

I think the studio wants to provide a modern, serious, Westernized update on Godzilla. In contrast to that goofy 1998 film.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by VIP2000
    That is a great trailer.

And how did this thread descend into an argument on originality in Hollywood? Japan has been making ridiculous Godzilla sequels since the 60's. This is what? The 2nd American Godzilla film?

I think the studio wants to provide a modern, serious, Westernized update on Godzilla. In contrast to that goofy 1998 film.
    Monster movies had their time in society and it is way past that time. It was during a time when we believed there were UFO's and the Lochness monster swimming in some lake.

It's hard to watch these remakes today unless it's for purely nostalgia and it even fails in that department.