Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Detroit Pistons Forum

Detroit Pistons Forum Detroit Pistons message board - pistons fan forum

Old 02-26-2010, 01:33 PM   #1
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default So I Went To The LA Game...

and have a few observations of this team....

Ben Wallace was on fire in the pregame.... he was hitting shots from all over. It's too bad that doesn't translate into the real game.

Austin Daye is not a PF in this league. He has height but he won't have the size. I think even after hitting the weights really hard this summer it's not going to make a difference. He can shoot well outside and has moves. He'll be able to play PF when Detroit goes to a small ball lineup....

Jerebko is the real deal. He's definitely better than Daye. I think Austin will be playing backup to Jerebko for his Pistons career.

Bynum looked like a SG while Stuckey looked like the PG. Stuckey was awesome in the post too. I like how Keuster has him post opposing teams PG's.

Rip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BG. Of course I've been saying it all along. As soon as BG gets in the game the other team just starts picking us apart because we don't match up defensively. Couple that with a bunch of shots that aren't smart and it's just not a good mix. BG is definitely a 6th or 7th man on a team (getting paid like an all-star).

The whole small ball lineup thing is so stupid. Especially when we're playing against a team who has big guys who will just post us up. I watched Tay play PF more than he played SF. He isn't a PF. Heck Jerebko has a hard enough time at that position. As soon as Keuster went small against the Clippers the Pistons fell apart. Keuster left that lineup in there way too long. Small ball only works for about (1) 3 minute stretch per game! When are people going to learn this????

We need a legit big man still..... hopefully we can make something happen this offseason.

Stuckey is our best player right now. He makes a lot of stuff happen. Tay does too. Rip is still the scorer.

Charlie was in pretty good spirits for having limited playing time. He seems like a guy the team likes to have around. With that said, I don't think he'll be the big we were hoping for.
dd24 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-14-2010, 11:41 PM   #2
boozehound
An uglier Lamar Doom

boozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableboozehound is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: So I Went To The LA Game...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
and have a few observations of this team....

Ben Wallace was on fire in the pregame.... he was hitting shots from all over. It's too bad that doesn't translate into the real game.

Austin Daye is not a PF in this league. He has height but he won't have the size. I think even after hitting the weights really hard this summer it's not going to make a difference. He can shoot well outside and has moves. He'll be able to play PF when Detroit goes to a small ball lineup....

Jerebko is the real deal. He's definitely better than Daye. I think Austin will be playing backup to Jerebko for his Pistons career.

Bynum looked like a SG while Stuckey looked like the PG. Stuckey was awesome in the post too. I like how Keuster has him post opposing teams PG's.

Rip>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>BG. Of course I've been saying it all along. As soon as BG gets in the game the other team just starts picking us apart because we don't match up defensively. Couple that with a bunch of shots that aren't smart and it's just not a good mix. BG is definitely a 6th or 7th man on a team (getting paid like an all-star).

The whole small ball lineup thing is so stupid. Especially when we're playing against a team who has big guys who will just post us up. I watched Tay play PF more than he played SF. He isn't a PF. Heck Jerebko has a hard enough time at that position. As soon as Keuster went small against the Clippers the Pistons fell apart. Keuster left that lineup in there way too long. Small ball only works for about (1) 3 minute stretch per game! When are people going to learn this????

We need a legit big man still..... hopefully we can make something happen this offseason.

Stuckey is our best player right now. He makes a lot of stuff happen. Tay does too. Rip is still the scorer.

Charlie was in pretty good spirits for having limited playing time. He seems like a guy the team likes to have around. With that said, I don't think he'll be the big we were hoping for.
hey, thanks for posting. Forum is a ghost town huh? I shoulda done a similar write up when I saw them down in houston earlier this year.
boozehound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-15-2010, 12:30 AM   #3
dd24
College superstar

dd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterdd24 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Yeah, the forum has been dead. I guess that's what happens when there isn't much to talk about with the team this year. At least we'll be able to talk about the draft pretty soon. Once the season is done the trade speculations will begin again too.

Houston would have been a good game to see. There are thing you get to see in a live game that you don't get on tv.
Old 03-23-2010, 08:32 AM   #4
Sonic R
Be Attitude For Gains

Sonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputationSonic R has a terrific reputation

It's been a rough season for sure… I've only gone to one game this season (vs the Knicks) and I'll be at the Bulls game Sunday…

but yeah… with the season being a bust and nothing to play for - I've focused a lot less on the NBA in general…

maybe I'll post some impressions from the Bulls game… glad to see you two guys here - I know I haven't been around ish much in general…
Sonic R is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 02:27 AM   #5
GunFactor007
I airball my layups

GunFactor007 has an OK reputation so far

Cannot wait until the Draft Lottery!!
GunFactor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2010, 04:51 AM   #6
dd24
College superstar

Glad to see you on here and posting. We need more Pistons fans on the board!
Old 03-28-2010, 11:25 PM   #7
GunFactor007
I airball my layups

GunFactor007 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by dd24
Glad to see you on here and posting. We need more Pistons fans on the board!

Haha, thanks. Yeah, with the way the Pistons were this year it was seriously painful on how we did.
GunFactor007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 08:03 AM   #8
Kobe8
Banned

Kobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong wayKobe8 is starting to rub some people the wrong way

dd24 , ithought you was a laker fan?
Kobe8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 10:15 AM   #9
dd24
College superstar

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kobe8
dd24 , ithought you was a laker fan?

I like the Lakers. Kobe has always been my favorite player. I grew up in Michigan and love the Pistons though. I live in Cali now so I have the best of both worlds.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: