Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 12-11-2010, 01:20 AM   #16
jbot
Future D1 Dad

jbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterjbot is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: This is what happens in England when parliament tries to raise tuition (pics)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WT1LXhgXPWs
jbot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:36 AM   #17
JtotheIzzo
Admlnlstrator

JtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJtotheIzzo is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: This is what happens in England when parliament tries to raise tuition (pics)

3K something pounds to 9K pounds is a HUGE hike.
JtotheIzzo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 03:42 AM   #18
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

there have been a lot of protests in ca about state and UC tuition hikes. but none this big, because they haven't tried to triple the prices like they did in the UK. if the UC and state schools tripled their costs i guarantee there would be a riot/protest.
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 04:35 AM   #19
DuMa
Canned

DuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputationDuMa has a terrific reputation

tripling the fees is astronomical. cant blame the way the students reacted......
guy withe fawkes mask is hilarious though
DuMa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 05:28 AM   #20
falc39
Good High School Starter

falc39 has decent reputation

this is just the beginning...
falc39 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:38 AM   #21
LuppersGB
GB Laker Nation

LuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat coolLuppersGB is considered somewhat cool

I somewhat feel ashamed to be a student in England. I wasn't against the rise in tuition fees solely on the basis that it won't affect me. However I'm shocked...no wait disgusted by the antics seen in London 2 days ago. The disgraceful students who decided:
1)Desecrate the statue of Sir Winston Churchill with graffiti and a young lad urinating on the plinth. That behavior...there are no words to describe
2)Much how there are no words to describe the action of the youth who decided to hang from, and try and pull down the Union Flag hanging from the Cenotaph. The one statue that symbolises our glorious dead. It is disgusting.
3)Set fire to the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Sq. This tree is a yearly gift from the Norwegian Royal Family as a token of friendship and compassion regarding G.B allowing the N.R.F to stay in London to protect them from the Nazi invasion of Norway
These are symbols of our Nation and the glorious history that its had, and they've just gone and taken a shit all over it.
I know there were the thousands of protesters who did not take part in these actions, many of them were good friends from uni, but I will always associate them with the violent protest.
LuppersGB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 09:44 AM   #22
blondie
Da Mamba Lives 30/5/5

blondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this boardblondie has one of the lowest reputations on this board

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
I somewhat feel ashamed to be a student in England. I wasn't against the rise in tuition fees solely on the basis that it won't affect me. However I'm shocked...no wait disgusted by the antics seen in London 2 days ago. The disgraceful students who decided:
1)Desecrate the statue of Sir Winston Churchill with graffiti and a young lad urinating on the plinth. That behavior...there are no words to describe
2)Much how there are no words to describe the action of the youth who decided to hang from, and try and pull down the Union Flag hanging from the Cenotaph. The one statue that symbolises our glorious dead. It is disgusting.
3)Set fire to the Christmas tree in Trafalgar Sq. This tree is a yearly gift from the Norwegian Royal Family as a token of friendship and compassion regarding G.B allowing the N.R.F to stay in London to protect them from the Nazi invasion of Norway
These are symbols of our Nation and the glorious history that its had, and they've just gone and taken a shit all over it.
I know there were the thousands of protesters who did not take part in these actions, many of them were good friends from uni, but I will always associate them with the violent protest.
fuck snoreway
blondie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 10:23 AM   #23
WhySoInsecure?
ILL WILL RUNS NYC

WhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat coolWhySoInsecure? is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak
there have been a lot of protests in ca about state and UC tuition hikes. but none this big, because they haven't tried to triple the prices like they did in the UK. if the UC and state schools tripled their costs i guarantee there would be a riot/protest.
difference is schools in the states already charge up to 40k a year, and then rape you on books/food/dorms/parking.
WhySoInsecure? is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:47 PM   #24
Hazard
makhnovshchina

Hazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterHazard is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by LuppersGB
That right there negates your whole worthless rant. What if they tripled the price of bread and milk, would you go up to parliament and say thank you?... I highly doubt it.
Hazard is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 01:55 PM   #25
1manfastbreak
just win

1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster1manfastbreak is a pretty well-respected poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoInsecure?
difference is schools in the states already charge up to 40k a year, and then rape you on books/food/dorms/parking.

yes universities are ridiculous. if youre in a bind for money then the JC system is the way to go. 28 dollars a unit not too bad
1manfastbreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:17 PM   #26
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

In the near future, higher education will only be for the rich. If you aren't born into wealth, you won't be able to afford anything beyond a High School education (which many don't even get today). The average citizen is going to become even less educated than they currently are (talk about scary).

Last edited by bdreason : 12-11-2010 at 02:23 PM.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2010, 02:23 PM   #27
bdreason
Game. Set. Match.

bdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterbdreason is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1manfastbreak

I'd guess College tuition in California is at least double what it was when I was in school. I know that both the JC and CSU I went to are more than double the tuition now... not including the increased price of Textbooks over the past decade.
bdreason is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: