Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    5-time NBA All-Star

Default Re: Joakim Noah tells Derrick Rose critics to "shut up!"

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    http://espn.go.com/chicago/nba/story...-vs-miami-heat

Thibs has said that he's been practicing and was the best player on the floor.

If there's anything physically wrong with his legs, then yes. Get all the way healthy. I can't support this mentally ready sh*t. Just can't.
    You once again quoted third hand and fourth hand info. Get Thibes on camera, get a doctor to put it in writing, show us a FO position on the matter. You can't support anything. You are not invested in this matter like they are. It doesn't have to be his legs either that are the problem. It could be balance, it could be over compensation in the hips, it could be several other things. But everybody has his medical records here.

Quote Originally Posted by Pointguard
    You once again quoted third hand and fourth hand info. Get Thibes on camera, get a doctor to put it in writing, show us a FO position on the matter. You can't support anything. You are not invested in this matter like they are. It doesn't have to be his legs either that are the problem. It could be balance, it could be over compensation in the hips, it could be several other things. But everybody has his medical records here.
    You realize those are leg related issues?

And stop being dumb. He's medically cleared. He's come out to say it's his decision, he could make it tomorrow or not make it at all. I'm paraphrasing, but those are his words.

I get superstar calls j3lademaster's Avatar

Now fans aren't allowed to criticize? Where do these athletes think their fancy cars and mansions come from? If fans didn't watch basketball and discuss/ criticize standout players then most of them would be bagging my groceries.... Of course not many have been in Rose's shoes. If Rose were a dime a dozen then he wouldn't be worth jack sh*t anymore. We wouldn't care about him.

Dunking on everybody in the park TheTruth11's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Y2Gezee
    You realize those are leg related issues?

And stop being dumb. He's medically cleared. He's come out to say it's his decision, he could make it tomorrow or not make it at all. I'm paraphrasing, but those are his words.
    According to Sam Smith that's not all the way true. When Rose decides he is ready there will be a meeting with the coach, the GM, the owner of the Bulls, and the Doctors, to decide whether he should be allowed to come back or not. First step is yes, Rose has to say that he would like to play. Second step is it has to be approved by the people just mentioned. So it is just not up to Rose. And if that committee of decision makers thinks he is not ready to return to game action, they won't allow him to.

This is what happens when you have a franchise player coming off of career threatening surgery. Caution is key.

Good college starter

I like Noah but he's the one that needs to STFU. Rose brought this on himself.

Quote Originally Posted by j3lademaster
    Now fans aren't allowed to criticize? Where do these athletes think their fancy cars and mansions come from? If fans didn't watch basketball and discuss/ criticize standout players then most of them would be bagging my groceries.... Of course not many have been in Rose's shoes. If Rose were a dime a dozen then he wouldn't be worth jack sh*t anymore. We wouldn't care about him.
    Whose salary do you pay? Stop acting like you pay anyones salary. Fans like yourself swear you are important. Get over yourself.

NBA sixth man of the year

Ive been saying this for the longest...Leave that man alone and let him come back when HE is ready...Its HIS career thats at stake...not yours...And if you've never torn up your knee, then you have no room to talk period...I don't care who else has come back whether its Rubio, Shumpert, West, whoever...There's also players who came back too early from injuries and were never the same like Gilbert Arenas and Tracy McGrady....

I usually hit open layups SnakePlissken's Avatar

No one is asking Rose to come back and play like the MVP of the league again. Just come back and contribute.

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    Ive been saying this for the longest...Leave that man alone and let him come back when HE is ready...Its HIS career thats at stake...not yours...And if you've never torn up your knee, then you have no room to talk period...I don't care who else has come back whether its Rubio, Shumpert, West, whoever...There's also players who came back too early from injuries and were never the same like Gilbert Arenas and Tracy McGrady....
    I agree with your general premise, though I do not believe someone has to have gone through ACL surgery (or something similar) in order to have room to talk. I think it just takes a little bit of perspective and empathy. I've never had knee surgery, but I can imagine it must be a recovery process that varies greatly from returning from nearly any other sort of basketball ailment (twisted ankle, plantar fasciitis, elbow tendinitis, etc.). I had a hard enough time having my hand surgically repaired then fully trusting it wouldn't re-tear the moment I got tangled up or tried to dunk. I can't imagine what comes along with readying a ripped up knee for NBA basketball.

Otherwise, you're exactly right. It's Rose's career, Rose's life, and Rose's health. If he, his brother, adidas, or B.J. Armstrong felt he might have been ready by now but isn't, so be it. As you said, it's not our life and to be honest, someone making sure they're super healthy before return is actually kind of a welcomed change from the mentioned Arenas and/or McGrady who somehow felt obligated to risk their long term health and wellness so they could get back to NBA basketball as soon as humanly possible.
    Last edited by Rake2204; 05-07-2013 at 05:44 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    I agree with your general premise, though I do not believe someone has to have gone through ACL surgery (or something similar) in order to have room to talk. I think it just takes a little bit of perspective and empathy. I've never had knee surgery, but I can imagine it must be a recovery process that varies greatly from returning from nearly any other sort of basketball ailment (twisted ankle, plantar fasciitis, elbow tendinitis, etc.). I had a hard enough time having my hand surgically repaired then fully trusting it wouldn't re-tear the moment I got tangled up or tried to dunk. I can't imagine what comes along with readying a ripped up knee for NBA basketball.

Otherwise, you're exactly right. It's Rose's career, Rose's life, and Rose's health. If he, his brother, adidas, or B.J. Armstrong felt he might have been ready by now but isn't, so be it. As you said, it's not our life and to be honest, someone making sure they're super healthy before return is actually kind of a welcomed change from the mentioned Arenas and/or McGrady who somehow felt obligated to risk their long term health and wellness so they could get back to NBA basketball as soon as humanly possible.
    I don't agree with you bro..I have a history of knee injuries, torn up both my knees multiple times and everytime I step on the court, there is STILL a mental hurdle....When I read through a lot of the responses, I can just tell that people don't understand even though they claim they do..That mental hurdle when it comes to your knee is a serious...Its not like an ankle injury or even a broken leg....When Rose mentions muscle memory, I know exactly what he's saying......Everytime he does a jump stop, or a hop step, or has to move laterlly, or spin, or back pedal, you're thinking about your knee...Until you get over that hurdle, I don't care what any doctor has said, you won't be ready to play and you shouldn't be out there...

NBA Superstar

Quote Originally Posted by Dro
    I don't agree with you bro..I have a history of knee injuries, torn up both my knees multiple times and everytime I step on the court, there is STILL a mental hurdle....When I read through a lot of the responses, I can just tell that people don't understand even though they claim they do..That mental hurdle when it comes to your knee is a serious...Its not like an ankle injury or even a broken leg....When Rose mentions muscle memory, I know exactly what he's saying......Everytime he does a jump stop, or a hop step, or has to move laterlly, or spin, or back pedal, you're thinking about your knee...Until you get over that hurdle, I don't care what any doctor has said, you won't be ready to play and you shouldn't be out there...
    Right, and I'm saying someone can learn and understand that's how it works without having gone through it. I don't physically know what it's like to recover from a torn ACL but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine that recovery may include everything you talked about. Knowing and understanding that recovering from a knee injury isn't just about being "OK'd by doctors" is why I'm in agreement with you on Rose's situation.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake2204
    Right, and I'm saying someone can learn and understand that's how it works without having gone through it. I don't physically know what it's like to recover from a torn ACL but it doesn't take a rocket scientist to imagine that recovery may include everything you talked about. Knowing and understanding that recovering from a knee injury isn't just about being "OK'd by doctors" is why I'm in agreement with you on Rose's situation.
    Ok, I feel what you're saying...I still think there's a bit of a difference though...Like even now, my knee doesnt hurt and it might not hurt ever but there's still always that "feeling" in your knee like everytime you do one of those explosive moves, you have to think about it before you actually do it and its really hard to be effective having to play like that. When I'm on the court now, I use like half the moves that I used to, don't do very many spins, try not to do quick 180 turns, careful with my lateral movent and I don't jab step like I used to...Even though I'm physically able to do all of these moves, it just never feels as natural and I'm just not as confident in doing them so I don't.

Great college starter SyRyanYang's Avatar

It's sad how his teammates play their hearts out and still have to defend him off the court.

Quote Originally Posted by HoopsFanNumero1
    I like Noah but he's the one that needs to STFU. Rose brought this on himself.
    he can and should back up his team mate.