Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Philadelphia 76ers Forum

Philadelphia 76ers Forum Philadelphia 76ers forum - 76ers message board - Sixers fan forum

Old 12-28-2008, 09:41 PM   #1
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

nicsman has an OK reputation so far
Default Who we gotta trade?

It's clear to see that there are blatant flaws within the team, lack of 3pt shooting and poor perimeter defense just to give examples. There have been whispers of trades but nothing substantial.

So there seem to be some untradeable players (Thad, Lou, Iggy, Brand maybe Speights) but everyone else could be shipped out before the deadline.

Dre Miller expires at the end of this season I think so he's obvious trade bait.

Does Dalembert's contract make him almost untradeable? Bulls and Heat fans especially have been pining for a defensive center but will anyone bite on Sammy?

Do your worst...
nicsman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 04:32 AM   #2
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board
Default Re: Who we gotta trade?

People i wouldnt mine parting with Kareem Rush,Elton Brand,Thaddeus Young(for some young talent who can play the 2),Samuel Dalembert,and uhhhhhhh thats about it
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:13 AM   #3
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
People i wouldnt mine parting with Kareem Rush,Elton Brand,Thaddeus Young(for some young talent who can play the 2),Samuel Dalembert,and uhhhhhhh thats about it
Well we can't trade Elton, he's pretty much the franchise player. We did everything we could to get him here just to trade him again? No thanks.

Thaddeus does give us a problem as it seems that Iguodala is much more effective at the 3 than at the 2. But I still wouldn't trade him because we're unlikely to get anything different or better in return.
Old 12-29-2008, 11:53 AM   #4
artificial
:-P

artificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected posterartificial is a pretty well-respected poster

Iguodala

/jk (nobody in their right mind would take his contract)

As stated, the obvious choice would be Andre Miller and his expiring contract. Also I've been wanting to see Sam Dumblembert's ass gone for years.

I love Reggie Evans despite his non existent offense, but if Dalembert wasn't to be moved, then maybe some team could want his hustle in exchange for a shooter (being optimistic something among the lines of Morris Almond, Matt Carroll or Luther Head?)

Brand and Young are keepers, unless Young could bring a really good talent at SG but I don't see that happening.
artificial is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:36 PM   #5
76ers4life
Decent playground baller

76ers4life has an OK reputation so far

It's obvious that if a trade needs to be made it has to be for offense the Sixers are ranked just barely ahead of Oklahoma City. We can't win with a fast breaking team period especially if you can't keep it up all game long. Sixers are not built to handle the half court offense so the fast break is just a cover up to hide the many flaws the Sixers have in the half court. If this team is ever to compete we have to get rid of alot of players and start again. This team can't shoot a lick f**k the 3pointers we can't even hit medium to mid range shots. We have to many flaws to be a title contender. At this point I can't say who will go but, Ed who I have lost alot of faith in brought these players in needs to find a way to bring in players that can play in a half court set. Or else the next coach will get fired and made a scapegoat for not getting these players to play at a high level when they simply don't have good enough players.
76ers4life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 03:55 PM   #6
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Posterize246 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-29-2008, 06:42 PM   #7
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Posterize246

What's the best and worst trade scenarios you can think of for him? Rekcon we could snag someone like Mike Miller?
Old 12-29-2008, 10:56 PM   #8
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Posterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops posterPosterize246 is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by nicsman
What's the best and worst trade scenarios you can think of for him? Rekcon we could snag someone like Mike Miller?
Maybe.

But I'd get rid of him for anything.
Old 12-30-2008, 08:45 AM   #9
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

Quote:
Maybe.

But I'd get rid of him for anything.

Tru dat. What about Dre Miller?
Old 12-30-2008, 11:54 AM   #10
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

AP is reporting Dalembert/Lou Williams for Kenyon Martin/2010 2nd round pick
Old 12-30-2008, 12:14 PM   #11
nicsman
UK Philadelphian

Quote:
AP is reporting Dalembert/Lou Williams for Kenyon Martin/2010 2nd round pick

Tha fuck? That's a BS trade man! Lou is a star. How is K-Mart going to help us? We're just losing more shooters. I will be seriously pissed if this goes through. If it was for someone like JR Smith then it would be easier to swallow...
Old 12-30-2008, 01:03 PM   #12
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

I would be fine with Dalembert/Green for Kenyon/2nd rounder. Kenyon is a good overall player (12 ppg, 6.5 rpg, 2 apg, 1.5 bpg, 1.5 spg, 49%). Getting rid of Green would allow Rush to get more mins (a 3 pt shooter).

But putting Lou in there is just dumb. Green/Dalembert still works salary wise. I hope the guy got the wrong name.
Old 12-31-2008, 04:58 AM   #13
Im so nba'd out
Banned

Im so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this boardIm so nba'd out has one of the lowest reputations on this board

NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS THE ONE PERSON I WOULDNT TRADE SAM FOR!!!Kenyon Martin cant guard true big men ,if you sag off him a inch he will shoot a mid-range shoot that WONT GO IN,He thinks he can guard any point/2 guard in the league and He is a hot head who will get kicked out of games.Getting him would just forced that no d having scrub kareem rush into the starting line up.The sixers cant be this dumb.......
Im so nba'd out is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-31-2008, 11:36 AM   #14
Posterize246
PhilLEEs 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Im so nba'd out
NO!!!!!!!!!!!!!THIS IS THE ONE PERSON I WOULDNT TRADE SAM FOR!!!Kenyon Martin cant guard true big men ,if you sag off him a inch he will shoot a mid-range shoot that WONT GO IN,He thinks he can guard any point/2 guard in the league and He is a hot head who will get kicked out of games.Getting him would just forced that no d having scrub kareem rush into the starting line up.The sixers cant be this dumb.......
besides the part about being a hot head, you just described Sam Dalembert
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: