Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Chicago Bulls Forum

Chicago Bulls Forum Chicago Bulls message board - chicago bulls fan forum

Old 07-03-2007, 04:06 PM   #1
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

fknc is considered somewhat coolfknc is considered somewhat cool
Default Pau Gasol & Dahntay Jones

With this team in need of a low post scorer why not try to make this deal.

Memphis to Chicago
Pau Gasol $12,364,000
Dahntay Jones S/T at roughly $3mil per

Chicago to Memphis
P.J. Brown S/T at roughly $8mil per. With the ability to make only one season guarenteed he is an expiring contract addition.
Ben Gordon $3,862,080
Joakim Noah as soon as he signs his nearly $3mil a season contract
also add a 2008 first rounder and a 2009 second rounder
fknc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 05:18 PM   #2
Tyquan1987
I airball my layups

Tyquan1987 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Pau Gasol & Dahntay Jones

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknc
With this team in need of a low post scorer why not try to make this deal.

Memphis to Chicago
Pau Gasol $12,364,000
Dahntay Jones S/T at roughly $3mil per

Chicago to Memphis
P.J. Brown S/T at roughly $8mil per. With the ability to make only one season guarenteed he is an expiring contract addition.
Ben Gordon $3,862,080
Joakim Noah as soon as he signs his nearly $3mil a season contract
also add a 2008 first rounder and a 2009 second rounder

Problem with this scenario is that the Grizzlies are already after a Bulls player....and his name is Andres Nocioni. Just heard from Ric Bucher (the only one of the ESPN analysts that I actually believe) that the Grizzlies are in Argentina right now meeting with Nocioni and are expected to give him an offer sheet in a few days.......which means we could no longer make this deal. Before everybody starts coming up with trades, you need to worry about us resigning Nocioni first, because if he leaves, then there is no trades that u could make without damaging the team.
Tyquan1987 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-2007, 08:58 PM   #3
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

Noce is a restricted free agent even if he were to sign an offer sheet the Bulls have the opportunity to match it. Just like we did with Duhan a couple of seasons ago.
Old 07-03-2007, 09:15 PM   #4
KaptnKirk12
High School Varsity 12th Man

KaptnKirk12 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tyquan1987
Problem with this scenario is that the Grizzlies are already after a Bulls player....and his name is Andres Nocioni. Just heard from Ric Bucher (the only one of the ESPN analysts that I actually believe) that the Grizzlies are in Argentina right now meeting with Nocioni and are expected to give him an offer sheet in a few days.......which means we could no longer make this deal. Before everybody starts coming up with trades, you need to worry about us resigning Nocioni first, because if he leaves, then there is no trades that u could make without damaging the team.

And Pax has already said he intends to match any offer.
KaptnKirk12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 12:34 AM   #5
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

i hope they match the offer.

i like nocioni on the team but i really wouldnt mind if we traded him.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 02:35 PM   #6
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

Bulls_Fan20 has decent reputationBulls_Fan20 has decent reputation
Post Re: Pau Gasol & Dahntay Jones

How much does Mike Miller make? I remember him signing a contract worth $7-8 million a year, but I don't know if that is his current one. If he isn't making too much, maybe they would through him. It could look like this:

Memphis:
Gasol
Miller

Bulls:
Nocioni (S&T)
Gordon
Duhon
fillers

Miller would give us a tall shooting guard that has a lot of range and also has experience. I've always liked him, but I'm not sure if he would fit into the system.
Bulls_Fan20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-04-2007, 04:01 PM   #7
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

Miller is making 8 per season. He would be a nice addition however the Grizz aren't willing to part with him. Which is the reason we should add Jones. He's 6'5 plays great defense somewhat limited on the offensive side but he'll play hard which Skiles and Pax will love. He would make a good compliment to Hinrich and Deng. And his last season salary was just below 2mil. Basically we'd trade for Gasol and steal Jones.
Old 07-04-2007, 04:12 PM   #8
baller42590
Chi Bulls 2010-2011

baller42590 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by fknc
Miller is making 8 per season. He would be a nice addition however the Grizz aren't willing to part with him. Which is the reason we should add Jones. He's 6'5 plays great defense somewhat limited on the offensive side but he'll play hard which Skiles and Pax will love. He would make a good compliment to Hinrich and Deng. And his last season salary was just below 2mil. Basically we'd trade for Gasol and steal Jones.

yea but the only person the bulls have intrest on in memphis is gasol.

there was this website that said we might be able 2 trade nocioni,noah,duhon,a filler and a pick 4 gasol. i would do tht in a heartbeat.
baller42590 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:53 AM   #9
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

The grizz are not gonna trade pau.Any chance you guys had,which I wanted by the way,died last year.Pax wanted to much or west wanted to much who knows.Either way thats dead.You guys could of hit the finals and instead are talking about how o fix the team still.The grizz are going to offer a nice deal to nocioni.Pax said he would match but at what cost.If he matches a big offer he might lose one of the real stars on the team when there contracts pop up.
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2007, 12:33 PM   #10
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

I was just reading today that if the Grizzlies offer a contract to Noc, he accepts it, and we match it, then we cannot trade him to the Grizzlies until December or some time around then. One of those crazy rules about restricted FA's. So hopefully, if he really does want to go to Memphis, he won't agree to their offer, and then we can package him for Gasol.
Old 07-05-2007, 03:20 PM   #11
fknc
Get JJ Minutes

I think its 90 days until he can be traded if he signs the offer sheet and we match it.
Old 07-06-2007, 01:41 AM   #12
jailer
MillionDollarException

jailer has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bulls_Fan20
I was just reading today that if the Grizzlies offer a contract to Noc, he accepts it, and we match it, then we cannot trade him to the Grizzlies until December or some time around then. One of those crazy rules about restricted FA's. So hopefully, if he really does want to go to Memphis, he won't agree to their offer, and then we can package him for Gasol.

Let me get this right.Nocioni would hold up on signng with the grizz just so it would help the bulls.Under your thinking if he really wants to go there he won't agree with the offer.That way it will put a cog in the machine and make the grizz have to do a trade for pau.That actually hurts my brain.AS IF HE WOULD PISS OFF THE TEAM HE WANTS TO GO TO.Sorry caps on.Seriously!
jailer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2007, 02:54 PM   #13
Bulls_Fan20
Local High School Star

If he really does want to go to Memphis this is the route he would have to take. Paxson has already said that he will match all offers for Noc, so if he wants to be with the Grizzlies for the beginning of the season and summer camps and everything, he would have to decline their offer sheet and get a trade done. He wouldn't be pissing them off, just showing interest in playing for them.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: