Page 9 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast
    Very good NBA starter

Default Re: Does anyone here watch Suits?

Just watched it. Great way to start off the season. A lot of ether and hot lines being dropped. Although I did call Harvey going after Jessica at the end of last season. It's pretty much the only direction this show can go in now.

Quote Originally Posted by raiderfan19
    This is following a pretty similar script to white collar with Jenny being Kate(the first love that gets the main character in trouble and Rachel being Sarah, the hot chick he hooks up with later) Rachel has got to be one of the hottest women on tv right now. Whether or not I particularly care for that story, (and it's fine as far as tv drama relationships go) I'll deal with it to watch her.

It'll be interesting to see where this thing with Jessica and Harvey goes. It'll also be interesting to see how Harvey and mike get back together. What made this show great was their ability to play off of each other. IMO they are making a mistake with the larger overreaching plot rather than focusing on individual cases.

And btw am I the only one that was annoyed that they so blatantly screwed up the reality of the deron Williams contract? The whole I asked for triple thing annoyed me, considering anyone that follows bball at all knew he was getting max it was just a question of from where(and how much that team could offer) I know that's a small thing but it was annoying.
    I definitely agree about the layout of the show moving away from individual cases. It kind of takes away from the appeal of both Mike and Harvey because that's where the characters get their juice from. I think its lost some of the flair it had early on in favor of a darker season long plot which I don't really like for this type of show. But yeah, it has followed a similar progression to White Collar (which sucked last season with Neal's daddy issues becoming the main focus).

The women on the show are beautiful, the writing is still pretty good, and the actors seem to have good chemistry so I'll continue as a viewer.

Pretty good season.

Gooner | Heat Nation EnoughSaid's Avatar

Yeah this has been a great season. I personally think Mike should take the deal, but for the show to continue you know he won't.

Quote Originally Posted by EnoughSaid
    Yeah this has been a great season. I personally think Mike should take the deal, but for the show to continue you know he won't.

Any rational person should take that job. But of course and we all know how much Mike owe Harvey for everything.

Quote Originally Posted by pethuel03
    Any rational person should take that job. But of course and we all know how much Mike owe Harvey for everything.
    harvey actually cares about mike though. he knows it's in mike's best interest to take the job. i really do hope mike gets that harvard thing wrapped up, it's been going on for 3 seasons now.

on a side note, although i love the show i am getting tired of them using the same trope in almost every case.
    1. the guys get involved in a case or situation where their back is up against the wall and they can't find a way around it.
    2. harvey/mike have a talk with someone else and the other person makes some offhand comment and a lightbulb goes off for harvey/mike.
    3. harvey/mike use the inspiration from the above comment to find a way to win their case or get out of whatever predicament they are currently in.

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    harvey actually cares about mike though. he knows it's in mike's best interest to take the job. i really do hope mike gets that harvard thing wrapped up, it's been going on for 3 seasons now.

on a side note, although i love the show i am getting tired of them using the same trope in almost every case.
    1. the guys get involved in a case or situation where their back is up against the wall and they can't find a way around it.
    2. harvey/mike have a talk with someone else and the other person makes some offhand comment and a lightbulb goes off for harvey/mike.
    3. harvey/mike use the inspiration from the above comment to find a way to win their case or get out of whatever predicament they are currently in.
    I agree with you. This was also the theme for every House episode ever lol.

Oh, and they really need to cut that Michael/Rachel crap out. I don't think anyone watching gives a shit about them.

Very good NBA starter

I disagree that this season has been good. I preferred season 1's format where the guys were taking on different cases week by week and you get better character development. This season was too dominated by the whole merger/separation storyline and now it looks like it's going to be Mike struggling with the Harvard problem.

Decent college freshman Vragrant's Avatar

I tried to watch the new season, but so far I'm a little disappointed. The whole new season a very soap opera feel to it, and its been leaning that way gradually for the last season and a half.

The first episode of the second half of the season, the first 20 minutes are Harvey/Scottie and Rachel/Mike snuggling and telling each other how much they are in love. Then the new plotlines emerge as Scottie has to put up half a mill, and her investment is hanging in the balance as to how much Harvey wants her in his life.

I've very uncomfortable with this new neutered Harvey. I'll keep watching, because I love Louis Litt.

I might be more disappointed that usual because I just finished the fourth season finale of Breaking Bad. Then I watched Suits. I want action and violence dammit!!

Yeah, I think they kind of ****ed Harvey's character development. It's OK for him to be vulnerable but they've really been pounding that angle for like a season and a half now. I think they had a good balance of humor and power moves from him in the first part of season 2.

Very good NBA starter

Quote Originally Posted by rezznor
    this is pretty much exactly what happened the last episode

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker

This sht is basically House with Lawyers now

Cocky,arrogant,know it all,best doctor/lawyer that nobody likes but respects,always goes against the rules or authority

Finds cure/finds case answer with offhand comment or remark
    Follow the rules doctor--uptight,not very likeable
    follow the rules attorney--uptight,not very likeable

SAME EXACT FOLLOW THROUGH OF HOUSE

dISEASE/cOURT CASE COMES UP
    find solution
    doesn't work
    Finds solution towards end from something minor

The last episode was just stupid though,
    How do you give that an option and it goes away not even a whole episode

Mike gets a job offer as investment banker

Pros
    :pays tens of millions a year
    :legit,don't have to worry about being outed as a fraud and whole work gone
    :no possible blackmail or prison sentence
    :co owner of starting company
    :no glass ceiling permanently stuck there
    :can be promoted,in media,in spotlight,get notoriety
    :not working as underling but partner
    :is the boss

Cons
    :no harvey

Hmm so being guilt tripped by his extrmely bromantic catching "feelings" boss
    and bc no harvey HE STAYS WTF?

Quote Originally Posted by longtime lurker
    this happens at least 3 times every season

NBA sixth man of the year Levity's Avatar

Started watching it this year, and was able to get caught up by the season premiere. For the active posters who once posted in this thread, does this show still measure up to you after 3 seasons? Do you like this new direction theyre headed this season? the battle of Mike vs Harvey

I think the show relies to heavily on Louis for levity these days. Mike and Harvey used to have some whimsy to their characters but that's been written out in favor of douchey sex jokes, relationship drama, and legal showdowns. I'm interested to see how the moral limits of the characters are tested but frankly I'm tired of the zero consequences of the show. Nobody has had to make a sacrifice for the sake of a relationship or personal desire which honestly just makes things ridiculous and boring.