Good High School Starter Out_In_Utah's Avatar

Default I thought Aaron Eckhart was a good actor...

My first exposure to him was Thank You For Smoking. A few years later, he was in The Dark Knight and was great. His last 4 movies have been shit action films (including that horrible looking I, Frankenstein), and I thought that was because people started associating him with Batman and he got typecasted for action films even though his character was not an action guy in Batman. I just looked over his RottenTomatoes record and was surprised that he is mostly in shit movies, even before Batman. There are a few decent ones (mostly that I did not see), but overall I was very surprised to see he wasn't in more quality movies.

Default Re: I thought Aaron Eckhart was a good actor...

A lot of actors will do anything for a paycheck. Case in point Samuel Jackson and Christopher Walken

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    A lot of actors will do anything for a paycheck. Case in point Samuel Jackson and Christopher Walken
    I remember reading those guys and there attitude is they'd prefer to work, stay busy and get paid rather than sit around waiting for roles that they really love, so they'll take pretty much anything that comes there way if they get paid and can fit it in their schedule. Nothing wrong with that at all.

Since RottenTomatoes doesn't pay the mortgage or the car notes, I'm fairly certain Aaron Eckhart cares less than a shit about it.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka
    Since RottenTomatoes doesn't pay the mortgage or the car notes, I'm fairly certain Aaron Eckhart cares less than a shit about it.
    This is correct. Who cares, get dem cheques!

Banned

he needs the money since he is not a big time actor

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    I don't enjoy Bruce Willis or Sam Jackson anymore because they are in so many movies. Someone like Christian Bale or Leo Dicapprio has more stock because they are choosy with their roles.

Quote Originally Posted by The Macho Man
    they are shameless for doing their job instead of being uptight fgts who think they are artists and only wait for pretentious fgt movies?
    Eckhart should stick to roles that showcase his talents instead of trying to be some lame action star; I bet the only martial arts he knew before was Tae Bo. And seriously, do you want to see Bruce Willis in a comedy role? Just STFU and kill somebody already.

Quote Originally Posted by IamRAMBO24
    Eckhart should stick to roles that showcase his talents instead of trying to be some lame action star; I bet the only martial arts he knew before was Tae Bo. And seriously, do you want to see Bruce Willis in a comedy role? Just STFU and kill somebody already.
    you do know bruce willis got famous because of comedy right?

NBA rookie of the year

Acting is overrated. Most roles where you think the actor is excellent, is mostly due to the writing.

Obviously a horrible actor can ruin great writing, but as long as you are a good actor, you can seem excellent with a great role, and great writers.

While it was a very creepy movie, he was good in Towelhead.

My first exposure to him were in shitty movies like The Core and Paycheck (I don't remember him in Any Given Sunday), so he didn't make a good initial impression on me. The Core was so bad I had trouble taking him serious for a while.

Why are people acting like those actors would go broke if they skipped on shitty movies? Some of those can damage or even kill your career.

Banned

I respect actors like Samuel l Jackson. ***** is getting paid