Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Why James Harden is the Most VALUABLE Player

Harden makes a huge difference for the Rockets. Honestly without him we'd be out of the playoff race. Sadly, I don't see him winning the MVP since Curry led his team to 60 wins (and counting). Harden might be more valuable, but Curry will win the award.

Dunking on everybody in the park

Quote Originally Posted by Hamtaro CP3KDKG
    Yup Harden is the 11 Rose of this season............Dirk, Dwight and KD were stronger candidates maybe Wade too.
    No true hoop head takes Harden seriously as a top 5 player this season, only the casuals do and the playoffs will show like it did with Rose
    That's unfair. Based on regular season alone Harden is much better than Mvp rose was.

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Still got the win, and made the key block (yes a block) to save the game.

Seriously? The Rockets were up 6 with 20 seconds left and it was a contested (and blocked) 3pt shot. It was a good play from Harden, but it wasn't a game saving block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lsy...Q&spfreload=10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDA...o&spfreload=10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4TXGeFF4I

Those are game saving blocks.

cool guy

At this point of the season I only see 3 MVP canditates: Stephen Curry, James Harden, LeBron James

Reasons why I left out these guys:
    Russell Westbrook - His team is the 8th seed. When is the last time a player won the MVP with his team being the 7th or 8th seed? It's actually never happened. Ever.

Chris Paul - Hasn't had as much success as Curry, Harden, and LeBron. Besides, I can't remember the last time a guy won the MVP with his team as the 5th seed.

Anthony Davis - Pelicans are the 9th seed. No way he's winning it. Maybe in the future, but not this year.

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987

Seriously? The Rockets were up 6 with 20 seconds left and it was a contested (and blocked) 3pt shot. It was a good play from Harden, but it wasn't a game saving block.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0lsy...Q&spfreload=10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cCDA...o&spfreload=10
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ad4TXGeFF4I

Those are game saving blocks.
    Alright maybe I exaggerated just a tiny bit, but it was still a key block

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by ArbitraryWater
    good to know quality isn't the only thing I have you beat in

Quote Originally Posted by Smook A.
    Alright maybe I exaggerated just a tiny bit, but it was still a key block
    Not gonna disagree with you. It was a pretty good play.

Future NBA G.O.A.T inclinerator's Avatar

he is the most valuable because he has 3 refs in his pocket

until the playoffs that is

Quote Originally Posted by aj1987
    Not gonna disagree with you. It was a pretty good play.

There is no player more valuable in the NBA to their respective team this season than James "Fear the motherfuhkin beard" Harden and it's not even close or debatable. Even Stevie Wonder can see this shit.

Dude is shooting 39% his last 20 games. He literally has not shot 50% ONCE in the past 20 games

That one time we got to see the Rockets minus Harden? His team full of "scrubs" went toe to toe with Atlanta pretty much the whole game while his fat dirty ass was suspended for kicking a dude in the balls.

And hold up....Houston is a top 10 defense. Is Harden doing that? Or are the Rockets 3 points better defensively with Harden OFF the floor?
    Last edited by Milbuck; 03-29-2015 at 04:45 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by inclinerator
    he is the most valuable because he has 3 refs in his pocket

until the playoffs that is
    We'll see. I want Harden to really focus more on getting a shot off, before looking for the contact. We saw what happened last season. Yeah, he still averaged 8 FTA a game in that Portland series, but he was also averaging 3.5 turnovers and more missed shots. Those problems came from failing to draw a foul.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer warriorfan's Avatar

Harden sucks at defense. Harden's 3 point, layup, flop game doesn't translate well to playoffs. His constant freezing out teammates and play stopages break the feel of the offense and don't help his teammates get into a groove.

Alpha Male Curry > No D Flopden

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck
    Dude is shooting 39% his last 20 games. He literally has not shot 50% ONCE in the past 20 games

That one time we got to see the Rockets minus Harden? His team full of "scrubs" went toe to toe with Atlanta pretty much the whole game while his fat dirty ass was suspended for kicking a dude in the balls.

And hold up....Houston is a top 10 defense. Is Harden doing that? Or are the Rockets 3 points better defensively with Harden OFF the floor?

Quote Originally Posted by Milbuck

Alright, and? You think the past 20 games really affects his chances to win the MVP? Allen Iverson won the award shooting 42% for the entire season. If Harden was shooting that, people would be bitching saying "Why the **** is this guy an MVP canditate" or things like that.

Also, I'm talking about VALUE to the team. Take Harden off of the Rockets and where would they be? Probably up there competing for a top 5 pick in the upcoming draft. Yeah the guys around him aren't scrubs by any means, but you take Harden off and everything changes. Stupid turnovers, less points, etc. He's really our only real playmaker on the team. 2nd best might be Josh Smith or Prigioni.