Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast
    I rule the local playground JG000's Avatar

Default Re: *99 Reasons Why I Like O.J. Mayo* ( Countdown To Season Opener)

Quote Originally Posted by LAClipsFan33
    Being a USC Trojan fan I got to see plenty of OJ Mayo in college. The kid is nice when he finds his rhythm. Let him get comfortable when your defending him and it's going to be a LOOONG night for you

Disappointed that I can't watch him now. In L.A. we get 4/82 Memphis games a year
    NBA TV fam... NBA TV...

Reason 97: He Plays For The Memphis Grizzlies

Yes, I said it he plays for the Memphis Grizzlies.
    History of the Memphis Grizzlies:

This NBA expansion team started off in Vancouver, that's in Canada in the 95/96 season. There were alot of downs that season, but finally when they could do the unthinkable a franchise expansion team knocking off the 72 win team. Yes, Michael Jordan's Chi-Town Bulls. The Grizzlies were up with 6 minutes left in the game, then MJ took over scoring 19 points in the last 6 minutes. I was actually watching this game live on TV when it happened it was simply amazing. MJ Truly is GOAT. I know it is like beating a dead horse, but that's us what Jordan gatekeepers need to do with this "Kobe Bryant/LeBron James Any Era, except the 00s was a weak era movememt" ( Yes, I'm talking to you Mr. Kobe and Bron Stans you know who you are, CantStop, AlphaWolf, Jacks3 etc.)
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoKuC6zrFVY

Anyway the Grizzlies ended that season with a 15-67 record, and that was pretty much the story for the next 14 years expect for 3 years. Which was the "Pau Gasol Era", they started winning some games, but still could never get out the first round.

They acquired Mayo via Mayo-Love trade at draft night. I was excited, sure you guys are like well lilojmayo, I thought you wanted Mayo to go to a big market, so he can be on national TV. Not really, I just wanted Mayo to go to a bad team, so he can turn their franchise around like a 360 Jason Richardson Slam dunk.

I also wanted Mayo to struggle his first year in the wins department, because i am a firm believer in when you struggle early in your career to get wins that will only make your hungry, and work harder to reach your full potential. Just look at KG as an example. Heck even look at Dwyane Wade, he won the championship way to early in his career, so what happened the next 2 years, he became overweight, injury prone etc etc. Then finally when they started loosing again, he got back in shape and proceeded to average 30 PPG last year.

I can guarentee you for the next 15 years Mayo will be a Grizzly for life. He isn't bailing on us too go to some big market. Just like Michael Jordan's commerical preaches you have to make your own legacy, "Become Legendary". PS we are going to make noise this year ( No, Maniak 35 win season isn't making noise), cause problems for alot of teams this year. Go Grizzlies!
    Last edited by lilojmayo; 08-05-2009 at 12:57 PM.

Playoffs? Playoffs!!! Mississippi's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by lilojmayo
    They acquired Mayo via Mayo-Love trade at draft night. I was excited, sure you guys are like well lilojmayo, I thought you wanted Mayo to go to a big market, so he can be on national TV. Not really, I just wanted Mayo to go to a bad team, so he can turn their franchise around like a 360 Jason Richardson Slam dunk.
    Last edited by Mississippi; 08-05-2009 at 12:54 PM.

Learning to shoot layups

nice thread, hope it stays alive all the way to #1

Banned

that high school game was sick especially if the write up was true

Quote Originally Posted by JG000
    NBA TV fam... NBA TV...
    Ok...8/82 games

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Godfather
    This kid is a straight up f@ggot.

Remember when you said if the Lakers didn't finish with a certain record over a period you would leave ISH?

Go back to the OTC and jack off to some J$ racism.

Repped since it made me laugh

Made that high school varsity squad Batman's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by KB2clutch
    that high school game was sick especially if the write up was true
    For the most part it was. The only mistake is I don't think Derozan ever palyed for Dominguez correct me if i am wrong.

Got 99 problems but.... ummmm... OJ Mayo aint one?

Power32 (OJ Mayo) O.J A 6'4Mamba's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bdreason
    Got 99 problems but.... ummmm... OJ Mayo aint one?
    Lil Wayne is a better rappper.

National High School Star KRAYZIE's Avatar

OJ Mayo. Pretty unique name, should be one of the reasons.

Quote Originally Posted by O.J A 6'4Mamba
    Lil Wayne is a better rappper.
    Ridiculous

Dunking on everybody in the park Basketman's Avatar

Nice thread.

I don't get picked last at the park anymore xOShakespearexO's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Rob123
    Instead of 99 reasons why you like some other guys dick.

Why not make 99 reasons why you like you, and go out and become something.

Go out and shoot some hoops, like you said... become legendary.
    70 post that explains. On the outside it looks like lilojmayo is an overweight kid that just stays at home and wacks off to Mayo. In reality this dude is a ball player. He played some pick up basketball with fellow poster dab0yech0 and he said liloj should be playing college ball at least at the D2 level. He even picked up liloj this fall on his team in the pac rim league. The kid has a 37 inch vertical now. He says this summer he does a basketball workout for 3-5 hours, then lifts for an hour and two a day.

It's all on this thread
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=141456

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIzsReN4_8
    he said this was his warm up dunk before his workout, he can probably windmill now.

Quote Originally Posted by xOShakespearexO
    70 post that explains. On the outside it looks like lilojmayo is an overweight kid that just stays at home and wacks off to Mayo. In reality this dude is a ball player. He played some pick up basketball with fellow poster dab0yech0 and he said liloj should be playing college ball at least at the D2 level. He even picked up liloj this fall on his team in the pac rim league. The kid has a 37 inch vertical now. He says this summer he does a basketball workout for 3-5 hours, then lifts for an hour and two a day.

It's all on this thread
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=141456

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fJIzsReN4_8
    he said this was his warm up dunk before his workout, he can probably windmill now.
    Yeah I have pretty much everyday since LA. If echo thought i was good back then almost 3 months ago, he should see me now that i lift and play hard everyday there just isn't any comparison. But I'm not the one to talk, when i get my hd camera back saturday i'll make a workout with my friend mark and let it speak for its self.

Yeah, we do have a team it has like 5 ISH posters that are going to be on it. It should be fun. And you ppl fail to understand when i make these type of threads it is when i am in summer class, Notice they are all like between 11:00am-3 pm est. While the professor is talking, or it maybe right after class ends. I stay to finish the h/w right then, while surfing the web that's when I type it up, because the only reason i am in there is for college credit that I honestly really don't even need. Right after that i go my HS main basketball gym where my friend Mark is usually already there then we begin our workout, for about 4 hours usually. Then i come home.

I am getting my camera back no later than Saturday, if I can find it earlier i'll make one the next day. My dunk I am working on is the D-Rose double pump the one he did during the all star skills contest. I have been close a few times, but no cigar yet.

Even this highlight video of mark even though it was just this winter is so outdated, because not just me, he is so much better, faster, and is starting to get some baby bounce, he could barely dunk in this highlight film now he can do
    D-Rose c0ck back dunk pretty easily

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w6G_RRGHzfA DRose at 49 seconds his c0ck back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7sG1eD_8fcc marks c0ck back

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RHi70...e=channel_page marks highlight video this year.

Plus I hate talking, when we make this highlight video you will see.

Now lets get back to OJ Mayo please.