Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What a meltdown it will be if a top seed is swept by an eighth seed?

Well the NBA playoffs do have some upsets like No.8 seed over No.1 seed, but its quite rare and to my knowledge the top seeds managed to at least two games. I wonder what a collapse it will be if the Pacers were swept by the Hawks, I mean completely dominated. Thoughts?

Default Re: What a meltdown it will be if a top seed is swept by an eighth seed?

Heat as the 1st seed lost to the Knicks in 99. You weren't born yet though.

NBA lottery pick

Default Re: What a meltdown it will be if a top seed is swept by an eighth seed?

Quote Originally Posted by Kiddlovesnets
    Well the NBA playoffs do have some upsets like No.8 seed over No.1 seed, but its quite rare and to my knowledge the top seeds managed to at least two games. I wonder what a collapse it will be if the Pacers were swept by the Hawks, I mean completely dominated. Thoughts?
    Almost as bad as when the Nets got beat by the Bulls last year. The Bulls were basically playing their bench players versus the Nets starters.

Decent college freshman MellowYellow's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by imdaman99
    If I do recall, that was a close series, op is talking about complete domination.

Clearly you cant even read, I wonder what your IQ test score is.

NBA lottery pick

Clearly you cant even read, I wonder what your IQ test score is.
    Probably higher than Jason Kidds.

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Probably higher than Jason Kidds.
    So that means he has higher IQ than you? I know Kidd clearly has higher IQ than you, so anyone with a higher IQ score than Kidd is clearly more intelligent compared to someone like you.

NBA lottery pick

So that means he has higher IQ than you? I know Kidd clearly has higher IQ than you, so anyone with a higher IQ score than Kidd is clearly more intelligent compared to someone like you.
    Jason Kidd is very intelligent?

This is the same guy that got fined for "intelligently" asking a player to bump him so he could get a timeout. Yes, that's real smart.

Wow! This guy's I.Q. is off the charts!

Quote Originally Posted by Foster5k
    Jason Kidd is very intelligent?

This is the same guy that got fined for "intelligently" asking a player to bump him so he could get a timeout. Yes, that's real smart.

Wow! This guy's I.Q. is off the charts!
    Oh my, why are you so mad? Pacers fan or bandwagoner?

Learning to shoot layups

If the Hawks sweep the Pacers I will find a new team to root for. Matter of fact I will let this board help me decide my new nba team if the pacers lose.

Seattle(1) lost to Denver(8) in '94

Quote Originally Posted by buddha
    Seattle(1) lost to Denver(8) in '94
    Another poster who cant read. I was talking about an 8th seed sweeping top seed, not just to beat them like in a 4-2 or 4-3 manner.

NBA lottery pick

Another poster who cant read. I was talking about an 8th seed sweeping top seed, not just to beat them like in a 4-2 or 4-3 manner.
    Point is, stop worrying about the Pacers.

You need to focus on the Nets. You should be on your knees praying that old man Pierce and a shell of KG can at least get the Nets past the Raptors.

With that payroll, you would think the Nets would get out of the first round and maybe, just maybe not lose to a depleted Bulls team again, like last year.

FYI before you were born, first round series were best of 5.