Page 3 of 14 FirstFirst 12345613 ... LastLast

Default Re: How is it even questionable that MJ is GOAT?

Quote Originally Posted by Soundwave
    Sadly I don't think ISH wants to do this because it would cut down on traffic to the forum, but unfortunately it's also made this board the butt end of jokes on other basketball forums.

This used to be a much better thought of community than it is now.
    You're spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It's the same guy for the most part with like 5 alts. A simple ban and this place really gets cleaned up.
    so now we should ban people because they dont agree with the majority?

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    No. We're talking about some of the trolls here. I'm always open to different opinions. If you don't think MJ is the GOAT then fine, but it's going to take a damn good argument to argue otherwise.

NBA rookie of the year

Trolls and people using alts should be banned. People who have 1500+ posts in a year, 90% of them being troll posts should be banned.

Why would a person even argue otherwise? It's really for their own good, getting banned from here might nudge them to actually do something productive with their time.

Actually a simple way to do it would be to just ban everyone in the red as it were ... if you have a red on your rep account ... it's 99.9% likely because you make a lot of stupid posts.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-18-2014 at 12:46 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by livinglegend
    They wanna get rid of anyone who isn't a mindless follower of the Nike Jordan hype.

Trolls and people using alts should be banned. People who have 1500+ posts in a year, 90% of them being troll posts should be banned.

Why would a person even argue otherwise? It's really for their own good, getting banned from here might nudge them to actually do something productive with their time.

Actually a simple way to do it would be to just ban everyone in the red as it were ... if you have a red on your rep account ... it's 99.9% likely because you make a lot of stupid posts.
    No, these people are failures with no real world social skills who are introverted and will just hop on another site and do the same shit. They need serious psychiatric help.

NBA rookie of the year

Is Nike even a big deal these days? lol.

I haven't seen a Nike commercial in like 3 or 4 years, not a memorable one anyway.

In the 80s/90s sure yeah I remember them being a big deal, but today? No one gives a sh*t what basketball shoes you're wearing.

Not all of us have alts to rep ourselves with.

On topic, Mj is my goat....that said the goat debate is very subjective and dependant on what your particular criteria may be. I grew up thinking Mj walked on water no lie, but as an adult I've seen a few compelling arguments for other guys. Just a few, all depends on your personal perspectives on what makes a goat. It is in fact idiotic imo to attack people for having a different opinion without even hearing out the whats and whys. You can learn alot about other players if you take in the reasons in these debates. Trolls will troll but why even waste energy on them? That said I agree Mj is goat and I'd say consensus but that doesn't mean nobody else has a case or he can't be in question. The goat debate will never end fellas.....

Quote Originally Posted by dubeta
    Weak era, expansion teams

Same excuses Jordan fans make for Russell, today's fans can make for MJ
    PER doe.

Quote Originally Posted by DaSeba5
    It's the same guy for the most part with like 5 alts. A simple ban and this place really gets cleaned up.
    That is just pathetic. Whoever this lonely sole is needs some professional help! I picture some fat nerd with 4 PC's online at the same time on different VPN's posting one comment after another, and sometimes replying to himself!

NBA rookie of the year

Quote Originally Posted by sdot_thadon
    On topic, Mj is my goat....that said the goat debate is very subjective and dependant on what your particular criteria may be. I grew up thinking Mj walked on water no lie, but as an adult I've seen a few compelling arguments for other guys. Just a few, all depends on your personal perspectives on what makes a goat. It is in fact idiotic imo to attack people for having a different opinion without even hearing out the whats and whys. You can learn alot about other players if you take in the reasons in these debates. Trolls will troll but why even waste energy on them? That said I agree Mj is goat and I'd say consensus but that doesn't mean nobody else has a case or he can't be in question. The goat debate will never end fellas.....
    To me Kareem has a reasonable case. The other guys ... there's just too many holes in the case.

Jordan and Kareem have the most complete overall resumes.

But Jordan has such an incredible career, I often couldn't even believe how things would turn out sometimes, you would hope for one thing and something like 5x better would happen. It was just ridiculous.

After 95, I had hoped the Bulls could maybe win one more title with Jordan being 32 already, but to win 72 games the very next season and the title on top of another threepeat? Sweep Orlando? It's like a movie script, that type of thing is not supposed to happen in real life.
    Last edited by Soundwave; 08-18-2014 at 12:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Straight_Ballin
    That is just pathetic. Whoever this lonely sole is needs some professional help! I picture some fat nerd with 4 PC's online at the same time on different VPN's posting one comment after another, and sometimes replying to himself!
    Someone is projecting hard core.

It's actually pretty simple, people rank players for different reasons.

Jordan is amazing and I watch him in awe every time I do, but you'd be hard pressed to convince me he deserves to be ranked over GOAT centers with the impact the position brings....Specifically Kareem and Wilt.

Quote Originally Posted by JT123
    They wanna get rid of anyone who isn't a mindless follower of the Nike Jordan hype.
    I don't care about Jordan that much. He killed my team back in the 90s. And I hate the Bulls. I have absolutely 0 agenda in this thread.