Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > New Orleans Pelicans Forum

New Orleans Pelicans Forum New Orleans Pelicans message board - New Orleans Pelicans Forum

Old 07-23-2007, 11:10 PM   #16
kazaks
I hit open 5-footers

kazaks has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: Whats the Starting lineup as of now?

2 questions:
1. Is peja still injured ( I used to live in OKC and followed the hornets but stopped once I moved)
2. Why would they start Julian Wright? Didnt he play terrible in summer league
Not sayin summer league matters much just saying
kazaks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2007, 02:42 AM   #17
Copperhead
Local High School Star

Copperhead has decent reputationCopperhead has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by kazaks
2 questions:
1. Is peja still injured ( I used to live in OKC and followed the hornets but stopped once I moved)
2. Why would they start Julian Wright? Didnt he play terrible in summer league
Not sayin summer league matters much just saying

1. Peja has been rehabbing in Greece and word has it that he's progressing really good. I guess we won't know much more until training camp begins.

2. Julian didn't really play "terrible". He had a few pretty nice games and maybe like 2 bad ones. You're right in that summer league doesn't matter much. We've seen guys do bad in summer league and then go on to play really well in the league and vice versa. Also, Julian will be coming off the bench. It's already been stated by Scott and Jeff Bower in a few Hornet articles. This is what they've said...

With the addition of Peterson, the Hornetsí starting lineup projects as Paul, Peterson, Stojakovic, West and Tyson Chandler, enabling them to bring Wright off the bench and allow him to develop at a more reasonable rate. I think thatís an ideal short-term role for him given that it might take some time for Wright to be an every-game force.
Copperhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2007, 03:32 AM   #18
pinoyballer
Can barely lace up my sneakers

pinoyballer has an OK reputation so far

I am liking the projected new starting line-up:

CP3
MoPete
Peja
DaWest
Chandler

Let's hope for an injury free Peja and that MoPete goes crazy. Their frontcourt is solid with West & Chandler (they'll get at least 20 rebs per game between them).

Although one problem that I see is that they still lack depth at the frontcourt (no problem with the backcourt though).
pinoyballer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2007, 02:38 AM   #19
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I am really excited to see the Hornets play in 07-08.
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Morris Peterson
SF: Peja Stojakovic
PF: David West
C: Tyson Chandler

What an exciting lineup. Some really good shooting as well. Paul will drive down the lane and kick it out to the shooters. Chandler will be a beast around the basket. The Hornets have a couple of big guys Hilton Armstrong & Cedric Simmons, who can come off the bench and provide good energy (plus they have a year of experience under their belts now).
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2007, 08:09 AM   #20
wally_world
M0derator

wally_world is considered somewhat coolwally_world is considered somewhat cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by mateo31
I am really excited to see the Hornets play in 07-08.
PG: Chris Paul
SG: Morris Peterson
SF: Peja Stojakovic
PF: David West
C: Tyson Chandler

What an exciting lineup. Some really good shooting as well. Paul will drive down the lane and kick it out to the shooters. Chandler will be a beast around the basket. The Hornets have a couple of big guys Hilton Armstrong & Cedric Simmons, who can come off the bench and provide good energy (plus they have a year of experience under their belts now).

agreed... but im looking for a better 2 guard for the team... they really need perimeter defence... how i wish Doug Christy wants back...
wally_world is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2007, 02:18 AM   #21
truwarrior93
I brick open layups

truwarrior93 has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by wally_world
agreed... but im looking for a better 2 guard for the team... they really need perimeter defence... how i wish Doug Christy wants back...

christie's ankles won't allow the guy to play which sux cuz i really like watching the guy frustrating the other teams star on d.

i espicially liked him when he was in sactown but it looks like he's dun now.
truwarrior93 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2007, 05:13 PM   #22
ZeN
RichardRiderLives

ZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableZeN is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by sixerfan3511
Peja is better as a 6th man? I think he's the highest paid player on NO, so why would he come off the bench? Wright is off the bench...

haha peja should be playing two positions at the same time for the ungodly underserved amount of cash hes making!
ZeN is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: