Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar

I know there are a bunch of Skyrim fans here. I never played any of the single player ES games but I've been in the ESO beta for a few months, along with Wildstar, and I've been having fun.

Wondering if anyone else will be trying either out?

Default Re: Elder Scrolls Online and Wildstar

When ESO comes out for PS4 I will probably get it. Huge fan of the series. Sucks there's a 15 bucks a month charge...but we will see if its worth it leading up to the console release (few months).

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

I've only played Skyrim and Fallout New Vegas on PS3. I thought both were buggy as f*ck but overall pretty good. I don't like it enough to shell out 15 bucks a month for it though.

From what I hear from people is great graphics/gameplay, but lack of content/story line. In otherwords, it gets rather boring.

From what I've played it has lots of content, but it's very sandboxy. I got a character to 15 on each faction and I enjoyed the main story on each in addition to the main story line for your own character.

Haven't messed with Wildstar, but the ESO beta was less than impressive to me. Killer graphics, killer environments...the game *looks* gorgeous, but I found the combat clunky and not as responsive as I like while the story over the first 10-15 levels didn't really grip me...at least, not enough to make me want to drop $60 on the game and $15 every month on it.

This is coming from a guy who is coming up on his nine-year World of Warcraft anniversary, though

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Meticode
    From what I hear from people is great graphics/gameplay, but lack of content/story line. In otherwords, it gets rather boring.
    Every MMO suffers from lack of content at launch. This is the main reason why they fail imo, people compare a new MMO to WoW and can't justify investing the time in something that isn't fully fleshed out yet and has no guarantee of being ever fully fleshed out. I am glad ESO is sub based though, most non mmo players hate it but i still think for an MMO to really establish itself and live up to expectations it needs the constant revenue.

I'm a sucker for new mmos so I'll probably try out ESO once it launches despite what i've heard/seen, I was hyped on it for awhile but I've had a few friends in the earlier betas and what I've seen and heard looks like it's the mechanics and world design that's made it boring. I actually got beta keys for the last 2 rounds but haven't even had the motivation to use them after what I've seen from my friends.

I haven't seen much of wildstar at all yet so can't comment on that.

I'll certainly give ESO a try at launch.

I agree that I prefer subscription to F2P model.

I hate games that sell equipment, power-ups etc... I never once have made any sort of in-game purchase and don't plan to start anytime soon.

If a game is good, I don't mind paying a sub fee, I never play any game for more than a few months anyways.

All those idiots comparing games to WoW weren't there to run Molten Core and Black Rock Spire over and over for nearly 2 years after launch.

SWTOR has lots of content even after going F2P. That's my guild's main game. They're up to 7 raids 2.5 years after launch in addition to maybe 10-15 4 man dungeons, quite a few max level daily zones, a bunch of warzone maps, and an additional free flight dog fighting space pvp with 3 more maps.

If you enjoy sandbox then ESO has a lot of content so far and if you played the latest beta weekend and thought combat was clunky you probably didn't get far or have a weak rig. We ran the first 4 man on Ebonheart (Fungal Grotto) and it was very fast paced and a lot of fun.

Wildstar is a fun mix of ESO and tradition WoW/ToR MMO combat. I wouldn't let the kiddie graphics fool you either. Fairly adult oriented in it's language and tone.
    Last edited by DeuceWallaces; 04-03-2014 at 12:43 PM.

I have a few extra WildStar keys for this weekends event if someone wants to try it. I don't think my guildies will use them all up.

ESO has had a relatively stable launch. Most my guild has been playing and it's running smoothly.

If you have a Curse account they're giving away Wildstar keys for this weekend's open beta.

I have no experience with MMO's, but I will give ESO a shot for a couple months on the PS4. Looks really fun. We'll see.

Boozer and Lebron Fam CarlosBoozer's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by DeuceWallaces
    I have a few extra WildStar keys for this weekends event if someone wants to try it. I don't think my guildies will use them all up.
    Is it for the ps4?

PC launch was last week; I'm not sure when the subservient sub-race launch is.

Downloading ESO now (for PC obviously)... taking forever, only at 2%, guess I should've preordered, but wanted to get my fill of titanfall first since I almost never play 2 games at once.