Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Portland Trail Blazers Forum

Portland Trail Blazers Forum Portland Trail Blazers forum - Portland Trail Blazers message board

Old 07-27-2008, 11:55 AM   #1
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

blazerjimmy has no real reputation yet.
Default Ike Diogu

Has anyone heard anything about this guy???? BESIDES the background information - I'm just curious as to what kind of shape he's in, why he didn't play in the summer league, has he made any statements about going to the Blazers?
blazerjimmy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-27-2008, 05:03 PM   #2
Myth
NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Myth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableMyth is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Ike Diogu

He sounded excited to be here and wanted to play in summer league despite being older than most that do. He hurt his knee about a week or 2 before which is why he didn't play.
Myth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-28-2008, 06:45 PM   #3
TBurge
Bynum vs. Oden

TBurge has decent reputationTBurge has decent reputation

I'm a Pacer fan and I loved to watch Ike play. He would never get in though because our coach is a dumbass.
TBurge is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2008, 02:40 PM   #4
RainierBeachPoet
NEVER forget da SONICS

RainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableRainierBeachPoet is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

i really liked ike's game with the warriors; i hadnt seen him with the pacers

if he could get back to the level he was playing at gs, the blazers will want to give him some significant playing time.

at that level, it wouldnt surprise me if he challenged aldridge for the majority of minutes
RainierBeachPoet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-01-2008, 12:33 AM   #5
mateo31
Go ahead, make my day.

mateo31 has an OK reputation so far

I am a die hard Pacers fan and was very high on Ike Diogu. Ike played a lot the first three games of the season and played very well off the bench grabbing rebounds and shooting a nice mid range jump shot. He tore his calf muscle, missed a lot of time due to that, and never really got back into the rotation as the season went on. I can recall a game at the end of the season against New Jersey where Ike got to play a lot and had something like 16 points and 7 boards. This guy is a quality player and when given the minutes usually produces.
mateo31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-02-2008, 10:49 AM   #6
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

It will be interesting to see how our "bigs" situation works out:

PF Aldridge/Frye/Diogu
C Oden/Pryzbilla/LaFrentz

Especially when you consider that Coach seemed to prefer to play Outlaw at the power forward last season.
Old 08-02-2008, 02:13 PM   #7
blazerftc
High School Varsity 6th Man

blazerftc has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerjimmy
It will be interesting to see how our "bigs" situation works out:

PF Aldridge/Frye/Diogu
C Oden/Pryzbilla/LaFrentz

Especially when you consider that Coach seemed to prefer to play Outlaw at the power forward last season.

I think that will be changing now that we have a more balanced roster, though Travis would do well there in a small lineup. Also I'll bet Raef gets a total of less than 60 minutes all season, and is simply allowed to expire so that we can resign Roy and Aldridge.
blazerftc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 10:30 AM   #8
Renegade
I hit open layups

Renegade has an OK reputation so far

Quote:
Originally Posted by blazerftc
Also I'll bet Raef gets a total of less than 60 minutes all season, and is simply allowed to expire so that we can resign Roy and Aldridge.

Perhaps. It is more likely that his contract will be traded. There is not a tie between extending Roy and Aldridge and the LaFrenz contract.
Renegade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2008, 01:19 PM   #9
blazerftc

Quote:
Originally Posted by Renegade
Perhaps. It is more likely that his contract will be traded. There is not a tie between extending Roy and Aldridge and the LaFrenz contract.

Sorry, I should have been more specific. I meant that his contract would be allowed to expire so that additional money can be freed up in order to accommodate the obvious increase in Roy and Aldridge's salaries
Old 08-04-2008, 12:13 PM   #10
BlazersDozen
NBA lottery pick

BlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat coolBlazersDozen is considered somewhat cool

Diogu is the rebounding monster that Portland needed, but I would've liked Craig Smith more. He rebounds better but Diogu isn't a liability on offense.
BlazersDozen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 04:09 AM   #11
catzhernandez
I love me sum Bird!

catzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablecatzhernandez is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

@ rebounding monster.

Dude's a scrub. Have fun NOT seeing him.
catzhernandez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2008, 12:20 PM   #12
blazerftc

Quote:
Originally Posted by catzhernandez
@ rebounding monster.

Dude's a scrub. Have fun NOT seeing him.

Is it just me, or are you the biggest killjoy on ISH? Seriously, is there a single player you actually like? You really like to talk sh!t about EVERYONE. You really need to lighten up, and stop crapping on other people's threads.
Old 09-14-2008, 11:21 AM   #13
blazerjimmy
High School Starter

Anyone heard anything about his recovery from the knee injury?

With LaFrentz and Frye gone for the beginning of the season our bigs look like this:

PF Aldridge - Outlaw - Diogu
C Oden - Pryzbilla

Actually, looking at it now that doesn't look too bad, but I would like to have a third string center....that isn't already playing minutes at the power forward position.
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: