Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > NBA Forum

NBA Forum NBA Message Board - NBA Fan Forum

Old 03-21-2007, 06:19 PM   #1
AI Nuggets3
Decent college freshman

Default Webber blasts Mo Cheeks, Sixers

not too surprised. it was pretty bad how Webber's last few months went down in Philly. his minutes dropped from 38 to 20 something. they traded his best friend, and he faked a few dozen injuries. I never understood why Mo Cheeks never wanted him near the paint.

Quote:
How, Chris Webber was asked, was he able to go from having a foot injury, being listed as inactive and being generally unhappy with the 76ers to all but reinventing himself with the Detroit Pistons?
People, he was told, would like to know.

"They should ask the coach, the coach that was in charge of me, that didn't allow me to play," Webber said before facing the 76ers last night.

In the next sentence, Webber directly identified Sixers coach Maurice Cheeks, saying, "Like I told you before, Mo came to me and said 'We're going to cut half your minutes, half your time.' I said, 'I just came off a 20 [points] and 10 [rebounds] season.' I don't have an answer for that."

"I just feel really blessed right now," said Webber, who had nine points and seven rebounds Tuesday. "(This) has been like most of my experiences in the NBA. I just feel really good."

Webber made that "happy" statement despite the fact that he felt ill all day and was about to face the team that dealt him after what he called the "worst" days of his long NBA career.

"Philadelphia being the worst was (because of) a lot of things," Webber said. "It's the way people interact with each other, the way people treated each other in that organization."

"I'm just happy right now. I appreciate being in Philly...because it got me here."
AI Nuggets3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:22 PM   #2
MTing
Where Brooklyn at?

Default Re: Webber blasts Mo Cheeks, Sixers

Was gonna come sooner or later
MTing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-21-2007, 06:23 PM   #3
number23
Decent playground baller

I have no respect for athletes who fake injuries.
number23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 10:11 AM   #4
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Who knows what the whole truth is...

I know cheeks had been cutting Webber's minutes since training camp... Im not sure whose idea it was to fake those injuries.. It could have been cheeks & BK, they were the ones who refused to admit they gonna trade AI until Snider just came out and said it...

I dont see why Cheeks couldnt play Webber at C.. And split him there with Sammy and move the three (Webber, Sam, and Hunter) in a rotation in the front court..

Evry one seems to be falling out with Cheeks over different issues and I dont know if the players are too needy or cheeks is just stubborn...

I suspect its a combination of the two... Iggy and few others were pissed at cheeks a few weeks ago when he made them sit the bench for a whole qtr..

Whatever the issues are, they better straighten them out by draft day
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:46 PM   #5
Showtime
Hardwood Hero

Quote:
Originally Posted by number23
I have no respect for athletes who fake injuries.
Then you don't respect half the league because a lot of players do that for different reasons.
Showtime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2007, 12:53 PM   #6
DeuceWallaces
I am your density

I don't know where you got that article but it's not much of a blast. The full article is on Mlive. He said they exaggerated his injuries, wanted to cut him out and go youth.

I don't see the blast so much.

On Mlive at the end he does say he has bigger things to worry about than teams not going to the playoffs. That's a cut, but I don't see it in the bold.
DeuceWallaces is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: