Default Pre Season thread -

After watching the 2 pre season games, a few things come to mind...

J.R. Smith is rapidly running out of time to show he can play "D"
    Bargs is Bargs. He's banged up already; the sooner he comes off the books the better.
    THJ and Shump look ready to go... Shump's "D" in game 2 was refreshing to watch.
    I'm loving Quincy Acy already. Dude has infectious hustle.

Dalembert making his presence felt. Good "D".
    Early is gonna be fun to watch.
    If Larkin can get his shot going, I believe he will be our second squad PG. He needs to slow down to the team's pace and shoot off the dribble.

Boston has a decent squad... it's gonna be fun watching both teams develop over the next 3 years.

I'm enjoying watching this up-tempo, new feel team. It'll take about 15-20 games, but so worth the wait.

Krust Kingz

Default Re: Pre Season thread -

I'm a big Acy fan. Until we an boost Bargs value to possibly trade he will eat up better contributors minutes if he doesnt play well. The handwriting could be on the wall in regards to Bargs not being decent for 4 years.

Quote Originally Posted by Rameek
    I'm a big Acy fan. Until we an boost Bargs value to possibly trade he will eat up better contributors minutes if he doesnt play well. The handwriting could be on the wall in regards to Bargs not being decent for 4 years.
    Good news for you will be seeing Bargnani's value increase

I could see acy doing a great job in a role w this team. But asking too much of him would limit his effectiveness. Pick and choose his minutes, because if you expected to play him extended minutes the other teams could gameplan to go after him on both ends.

Bargnani and smith are both on another level as the 2 best bigs on the team. Acy might be the only of the 6 bigs that can move around w certain pf's.

Bargnani can't even get off his seat (which will limit his injuries, so yes his value will go up). Jason Smith will put him to sleep, especially after that Sixer game. Bad news for you, I'd imagine.
    Last edited by smoovegittar; 10-15-2014 at 06:57 PM.

Krust Kingz

Quote Originally Posted by el gringos
    Good news for you will be seeing Bargnani's value increase

I could see acy doing a great job in a role w this team. But asking too much of him would limit his effectiveness. Pick and choose his minutes, because if you expected to play him extended minutes the other teams could gameplan to go after him on both ends.

Bargnani and smith are both on another level as the 2 best bigs on the team. Acy might be the only of the 6 bigs that can move around w certain pf's.
    You're nuts if you think Bargs and Smith are the Knicks best bigs. Stat still sh!ts on Bargs healthy or not. Where I think Smith is a solid player if he can play some Center but Acy has the higher ceiling where Smith has probably reached his limits on ability. I do think what Smith does can contribute to winning.

Knicks Board Moderator knickscity's Avatar

Lol, Bargs isnt even playing in preseason. Fisher is slowly rounding out his core, and he certainly is not gonna take L's trying to fit an injury prone player in.

"The Residential Pit" franchize's Avatar

I would just put my best foot forward and start Jason Smith with Dalembert. Our 2nd unit defense would take a hit but oh well. Tired of Amare's attitude already. Dude isn't playing to win. He's playing for his next contract and to show everyone he's still got it. Bargnani may be even more injury prone than Amare at this point. F em both. Acy would be my backup PF. Let Bargs n Amare battle it out to play backup C. And if they don't get it together, Aldrich would take their minutes. Same with Shitioni and Larkin. I would scrap them altogther and let one of our 2 guards play backup point. Neither of them want to bring up the ball or do anything a PG is supposed to do anyway.

1: the key to the season is dropping prigioni/Larkin from the rotation and being able to play big. Big by playing shumpert/jr/Hardaway at both guard spots. And by playing 2 7 footers together more.

Wear has to make the team. Either a trade or waiving a big contract coming soon. Or a phantom outlaw injury.

This team fits this system really well if they can take the anchor out in the backcourt so that the anchor can always be a front court guy.

This year is going to be a whole lot more than we think possible right now. There is a special look already IMO. Those guys are out there trying to learn. The score seemed inconsequential all game because you could see the focus there to run that system. That will pay off so huge as they keep learning and tightening up the rotation