Page 4 of 46 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast
    Clipper Nation Soldier Clippersfan86's Avatar

Default Re: The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim

My Laptop can't handle Witcher 2... so just waiting for it on console. I heard it's a MUST PLAY for RPG fans, especially fans of WRPG's like Dragon Age, Fable, Mass Effect etc. Choice in dialog etc.

Wow. Reviewers were full of sh**! There is no 5 gig download! You do the small 58 MB download and you start playing.

Dont H8 the Laker H8er glidedrxlr22's Avatar

From ign:

Graphics Issues
    Advises not to install.
    November 11, 2011
    by Andrew Goldfarb

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great-looking game, but the Xbox 360 version is having some issues. According to Bethesda, the game has trouble scaling textures on the Xbox 360 and may not perform properly when installed to the system's hard drive.

"Skyrim uses a lot of dynamic streaming systems, including textures. We've seen a few reports of certain textures temporarily scaling down on the Xbox 360, and not scaling back up," Bethesda said on its official forums. "We have verified that this issue does not occur when playing off the disk and when the game is fully cached (not installed)."

"Skyrim makes heavy use of the Xbox 360 caching system, and caches over the normal course of play while in menus or interiors. This cache can be wiped when other games are played or when the user manually removes it."

Bethesda added that a fix is on the way and will be released in the next title update for the game.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Ouch. Sucks to be a 360 owner. I saw a post on reddit with a guy who had just bought skyrim then his 360 got the RROD.

I was pretty happy when the system suggested I could run the game in high on my PC, and I've been having no lag issues.

When I saw this shot as I was strolling along, I couldn't help but take a screenshot.

hurry up UPS dude!

So lame. I just was doing intro where I'm about to be beheaded and it froze. Like literally I could look around but nothing happened for 10 mins. Restarting now.

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by Clippersfan86
    So lame. I just was doing intro where I'm about to be beheaded and it froze. Like literally I could look around but nothing happened for 10 mins. Restarting now.
    Yeah that area was super laggy for me. I was so concerned about a crash because I've been hearing that has been happening to people.

Quote Originally Posted by Maniak
    Yeah that area was super laggy for me. I was so concerned about a crash because I've been hearing that has been happening to people.
    Well good news is first reload and it didn't happen again.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I haven't had any crashes yet. Bumped up all the performance options to high/ultra and no slowdown. Then again, for all the talk about bugs in Fallout New Vegas, I had very little problems with that game as well.

SON OF A BIT*H! I forgot on Bethesda games you have to save very often! I just walked 20 mins towards mage school.... and got 1 shot by this giant in the mountains... now gotta redo it. I want to learn more spells damnit!

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

This is such a huge game. I don't really care much about the main story because it's fairly generic so far but just going around and seeing what's going on is tons of fun.

A couple mods that need to made soon:
    - Mouse integration in the menus.
    - Ability to kill children. It's stupid to have indestructible people walking around.
    - NPCs objecting me to me tossing shit around in their homes.

Quote Originally Posted by glidedrxlr22
    From ign:

Graphics Issues
    Advises not to install.
    November 11, 2011
    by Andrew Goldfarb

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim is a great-looking game, but the Xbox 360 version is having some issues. According to Bethesda, the game has trouble scaling textures on the Xbox 360 and may not perform properly when installed to the system's hard drive.

"Skyrim uses a lot of dynamic streaming systems, including textures. We've seen a few reports of certain textures temporarily scaling down on the Xbox 360, and not scaling back up," Bethesda said on its official forums. "We have verified that this issue does not occur when playing off the disk and when the game is fully cached (not installed)."

"Skyrim makes heavy use of the Xbox 360 caching system, and caches over the normal course of play while in menus or interiors. This cache can be wiped when other games are played or when the user manually removes it."

Bethesda added that a fix is on the way and will be released in the next title update for the game.
    bolded part is a load of shit...
    but it does not bother me one bit
    i will be plaing this and only this untill witcher 2 comes out

Such a great game. Much better than Oblivion. I kept dying until I learned a few tricks. Most important, common sense one being to use line of sight. Instead of fighting 3-4 Mages in a single room and dying in 5 seconds. I learned to take cover behind corners and lure them one at a time. This game definitely is a thinking one in the regard of combat. I'm not powerful enough at level 4 yet to just take on groups.

Also I love how much there is to do. I'm not even working on the main story... because it's taken me 5-6 hours to do this Mage recruit quest line at the Mage college.

I went 3rd person mode and zoomed out the camera a tad bit more. I'm liking the game more now. In general I strongly prefer 3rd person over 1st person for gaming. My playstyle is Conjuration (summoner) and Restoration Mage. I'm basically becoming pretty unstoppable because now I can summon powerful demons AND have really strong healing, costing me very little mana (because of upgrades).
    Last edited by Clippersfan86; 11-12-2011 at 05:22 PM.

Yankee.Hotel.Foxtrot

I'm boring and going with a standard swords, destruction magic and restoration magic Imperial build. Scorching people and slashing their charred bodies with my swords seems to be working well.