Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 04-30-2009, 02:16 PM   #16
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable
Default Re: Im thinking about getting my first credit card...

There's no way in hell you'll get approved for a mortgage with no credit. You can't even buy a f*cking meal without good credit these days. It's ridiculous. Building your credit now is a good idea just because you'll eventually want to buy a new car and house, and any other luxury there is.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:17 PM   #17
Cannonball
Lets GO PENS!

Cannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation hereCannonball has a near all-star reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
If this debacle has shown anything, it's that credit cards are stupid.
lotta money to be made in loaning money hawka...

you better learn that
Cannonball is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:20 PM   #18
vapid
Paranoid Android

vapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation herevapid has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawker
If this debacle has shown anything, it's that Americans are even more greedy and stupid then before.
Fixed that for you.
vapid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:23 PM   #19
Rasheed1
3-time NBA All-Star

Rasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation hereRasheed1 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Smith

creditors actually prefer people who have debt because they know they can make more money off of them through interest rates.

they are predators..... you dont wanna deal with them on their terms...

with a credit card you wanna show that you will pay off purchases on time..
they really dont have any other purpose but to help you out so when the time comes for you to purchase something like a car or even cell phone, you dont have problems

Quote:
That wont be a problem since I'll have the money to pay for it. It's better to not risk it while you're in college. A credit card is just another thing I have to worry about

You are right...

I wouldnt recommend giving a credit card to college student unless they also have a steady good paying job (which alot of students dont)

When I was in college, I noticed that they prey on college kids because they know

* college kids are broke but have potential to run up huge bills if they are given a credit card

*college students in general are likely to have steady income in the future...

so what they are actually doing is leaching onto you before you actually make your money... you'll owe them alot (if they are lucky) by the time you graduate... thats what they want.... people who buy stuff they cant afford today and let them build huge tabs and collect from them for years down the road....

(most) students are already gonna have a huge student loan to pay back...

they dont need this too...

so hawker has a good point... also we need to think about it like this>>>>Things wouldnt be soo high priced that you need a credit card to buy things if we werent drowning in debt and inflation....

prices rise due to inflation and these days a credit card is needed to pay for things because the stuff is just too high priced for people to pay for in one shot....

remember lay away?

poor people used to do lay away..... simply go to the store and pay on an item until it is fully paid for and then you get it... you dont get it up front with out paying anything...

lay away needs to make a come back

Last edited by Rasheed1 : 04-30-2009 at 02:25 PM.
Rasheed1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:31 PM   #20
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

This thread just made me remind of something i tried to forget. I just paid off my Bank of America card earlier this week when those slimy f*cks notified me about my 4% interest I was getting for a minute being bumped to 10%. And its not a fixed rate so it can change each month. I always pay my shyt off on time and even ahead of time numerous occasions. I wont be using them anymore. Just hold onto it tho.

Rasheed has been $$$ in this thread.

Last edited by GOBB : 04-30-2009 at 02:34 PM.
GOBB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:33 PM   #21
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

GOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableGOBB is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by pete's montreux
There's no way in hell you'll get approved for a mortgage with no credit. You can't even buy a f*cking meal without good credit these days. It's ridiculous. Building your credit now is a good idea just because you'll eventually want to buy a new car and house, and any other luxury there is.

I've been building my good credit for over 40yrs. Soon I'll be able to use it so i can buy my mothers basement. It wont be my moms anymore, it will be MINES. Cant wait.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:36 PM   #22
gencbiba
Very good NBA starter

gencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops postergencbiba is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

I'm thinking of getting one. However, I plan on using at least 2k on it because I want to buy a new exhaust (1k)/rims for my car. At least I know I can pay it back by August though.
gencbiba is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:44 PM   #23
Hawker
Banned

Hawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation hereHawker has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasheed1

You are right...

I wouldnt recommend giving a credit card to college student unless they also have a steady good paying job (which alot of students dont)

When I was in college, I noticed that they prey on college kids because they know

* college kids are broke but have potential to run up huge bills if they are given a credit card

*college students in general are likely to have steady income in the future...

Exactly. College students don't think this stuff happens to them and it does. I already know of one girl that got in 800 dollars in debt last year from just buying too much damn **** with her credit card. My friend would run up huge tabs on his credit card.

Ya, she was a dumb b!tch. You could argue that but to me, it's just better not to risk it.
Hawker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-30-2009, 02:45 PM   #24
GOBB
Sixers|Eagles|Phillies

Irresponsible. So many funny stories of college kids using credit cards.
Old 04-30-2009, 02:49 PM   #25
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

pete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablepete's montreux is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOBB
I've been building my good credit for over 40yrs. Soon I'll be able to use it so i can buy my mothers basement. It wont be my moms anymore, it will be MINES. Cant wait.

When your hall of fame quarterback dad hires Sarah Jessica Parker, don't fall in love with her.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: