Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default What am I doing with my life?

Im on my cousins account right now. I'm 23 years old. I graduated highschool barely passing. I moved from Arizona to Oregon when I was 18 and used money from my grandparents will and testimony to purchase a trailer home and a German Shepard. I work a construction job and have no friends out here But i communicate with my cousin Austin though.haven't had a girlfriend in a few years. I drive a truck. I'm basically stuck in a dead end job and I didn't go to college. Always figured it pointless. I'm alone and living in a trailer with my 5 year old dog Brutus. I have no ambitions. I don't want a house or commitments and such I just never had the feel but I'm stuck and don't feel right with myself right now. What am I doing with my life and what are your opinions?

Default Re: What am I doing with my life?

http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=315785

these song well help you . i have very tough lifes one time someone said i make a bad music and these song show that i WORK THROUGH TO IT and i m now famous rapper

Im 21 myself but I'm a late bloomer, been on and off with college until i just recently put my mind into studying something I will really enjoy. Search for a career you find interesting.

Also, if you play video games, stop immediately. I find video games are detrimental to your aspirations. I remember when I was really into call of duty all I cared about was getting home from school or work to play more.

Banned

Do you have a hobby you're passionate about? Find a way to make money from it online through a website/blog/youtube/etc...even if it's a $50-100/month goal at first that might pay your phone or water bill.

Keep plugging away until you can leave the dead-end job behind. Step 1 is to unplug yourself from a soul sucking existence of a dead-end job. After that, you may find that you'll be better equipped to not only examine your life but be able to actually do something about it.

Very good NBA starter DukeDelonte13's Avatar

not to be a d*ck but you probably won't have much success with woman if you are living in a trailer.

There's always time to go back to school man. I was a career underachiever until I decided to stop bring jealous of everyone doing what they love, while I was stuck working for $12 an hour. So at 25, I completely uprooted my life, decided to bite the bullet and temporarily move back home and registered for the Network Engineering program at my local community college. A year later, I've maintained the highest GPA in the program, won a national competition for a Cisco internship, and now I'm working on a second. I've interviewed for 2 jobs this week that start at $45-50k a year and I'm knocking off certification after certification in the meantime.

I've been in your shoes bro, but you can pull yourself out with some sacrifice and hard work. The beautiful thing about this country is you can be pretty much anything you want, so seize every opportunity you have to do it.

youre still young you have time to chase some goals. its not going to happen overnight.

im turning 25 soon and im just now getting my business off the ground while all my friends are doctors or going to be doctors . i wish i had what i have now at 22 i wouldnt feel so behind but ohwell i have goals and im getting it done.

5-time NBA All-Star

Late bloomer too as well. Been through 3 major changes.

First of all u need to start comparing yourself to yourself yesterday.
    Secondly you need companionship/support. I'd highly suggest shifting all gears into having a fulfilling social life and concurrently exploring.

The military is also always an option bud.

Quote Originally Posted by DukeDelonte13
    not to be a d*ck but you probably won't have much success with woman if you are living in a trailer.

Have you considered a career in crime?

Banned

cheer up lad, at least you don't fukk your dog Brutus.

First. Calm down and take a deep breath. You aren't too old. Your still very young. You just need to make very accurate and wise decisions within the next few days to months to pick up where you should of been. Think about all of the things you are definitely good at, what you enjoy doing and see yourself doing. Make adjustments to your life. If moving is part of the plan then do it.

How I feel in ur head maybeshewill13's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by cos88
    cheer up lad, at least you don't fukk your dog Brutus.
    How do you know? He didn't confirm for or against it..

Quote Originally Posted by macmac
    Have you considered a career in crime?

The only way to live is to find something you are passionate about and work your ass off doing it. It doesn't matter if you make money at it or not either. Starving artist is better than a dead end job. Dead end jobs just sap the energy and life right out of you. Trust me on this man. The work you put in nobody can take away from you. People come and go, things get lost or wear out, but a passion will never die as long as you keep striving to get better and better. Don't worry about a girlfriend, don't worry about money, don't worry about any of that bull... unless your main focus is women or money (which is fine... you want F as many women as possible or find the right girl? Good goal put in the work. You want money? Dead end job = horrible for money. Get into sales or find another job where the potential to make a crap ton of it is.) Just pick one thing, work your ass off and then enjoy the spoils.