Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Football Forum

Football Forum Football forum - NFL football forum

Old 11-12-2010, 04:34 PM   #31
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster
Default Re: Marcus Dupree

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
i can easy.

its starts with being able to hold onto the ball.

ZERO fumbles this year...

honestly as far as fumbles go I think last year was just a complete fluke for AP...like Roy Williams having a fluke year with drops last year and he has never had that issue before...

I saw a break down of fumbles in star player's first 3 years and players like Dickerson and Walter Payton and other huge names had more fumbles in their first 3 years than Peterson has had...
-playmaker- is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:05 PM   #32
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
Originally Posted by -playmaker-
ZERO fumbles this year...

one of the fumbles they gave Favre was clearly AP's in that Cowboys game.

C'mon son. You surely remember it.
kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 05:07 PM   #33
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster-playmaker- is considered a brilliant InsideHoops poster

Quote:
Originally Posted by kentatm
one of the fumbles they gave Favre was clearly AP's in that Cowboys game.

C'mon son. You surely remember it.
the muffed hand off?

yes I do remember that...

impossible to know who's fault that was but yeah, it could have been Peterson's...

he is still doing a great job of holding onto the rock when he is hit though...
Old 11-12-2010, 08:37 PM   #34
Timmy D for MVP
Chuck Hayes Stan

Timmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableTimmy D for MVP is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Watched it again last night and on the second viewing I'm still sitting here with my jaw on the ground. This dude was just unbelievable. The defenders that kept up with him just bounced off him.

There was one particular highlight where he dropped his shoulder into a linebacker and the linebacker went backwards, then Marcus took off and out ran the secondary. Just lightning in a bottle.
Timmy D for MVP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2010, 08:56 PM   #35
Jailblazers7
will-to-bigness

Jailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableJailblazers7 is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
I can't imagine any RB being dominate compared to Peterson...

there is no way to know who was faster, if Depree was infact faster it couldn't have been by much...

f*ck, I'm sad just thinking about this show...maybe I don't want to watch it...lol

In the '82 Fiesta Bowl he had 17 carries for 239 yards. A Fiesta Bowl record that still stands.

...and he was out of shape that game
Jailblazers7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:14 AM   #36
InspiredLebowski
Roy Hibbert Super Star

InspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginableInspiredLebowski is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

So I finally watched this, and I honestly had a hard time feeling sorry for the guy. Not because he didn't get scammed, not because injuries derailed his career, not because he DID seem to coast a bit (hell, I would too). But because the guy's fine with it all, he's content. He's not one of those oh so prevalent athletes, didn't seem to be at least, that defines himself by his past. No one's fault his knees got busted, his own naive fault (callous as it is) he got conned out of his cash, he seems to understand that. He's not looking to place blame because there's nowhere to place it.

Most of what I've read about this 30 for 30 was that it was sad and depressing and all that, and it is in parts to be sure, but holy shit, if this guy can't give you hope that you can get past whatever plans you had not working I don't know what can. He did what he wanted to do, he played in the NFL. Not be a star and tear up the league, just get there for a few games. And that was that, time to move on. Even before he got hurt it was clear to him this whole football thing was pretty fleeting. I don't think it was a "this is all I know how to do, got no choice" thing with him going to the Rams, it was a challenge. He won the challenge, so when he got cut it didn't even matter, onto the next one.

I knew nothing of this guy before this documentary, but I hope somehow someway he's involved with mentoring. Be it through some high school coaching, a Boy's and Girl's Club, tied to the NFL/an agency, whatever. He seems like the perfect example to "there's more to life than football."
InspiredLebowski is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 10:06 AM   #37
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginablekentatm is the Michael Jordan of posters with the best reputation imaginable

Quote:
the muffed hand off?

yes I do remember that...

impossible to know who's fault that was but yeah, it could have been Peterson's...

he is still doing a great job of holding onto the rock when he is hit though...

oh bullshit, you know that was his fault. dont gimmie that hot mess.

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 01:45 PM   #38
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
not trying to call you a liar, but both Peterson and Dupree went to the same school...

Then that's an odd way to start your reply.

I was referring to OU and Oklahoma State. My business had ties to each. I know where both players went to school.

Last edited by JMT : 11-13-2010 at 01:47 PM.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 05:37 PM   #39
-playmaker-
-retired ISH HOFer-

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMT
Then that's an odd way to start your reply.

I was referring to OU and Oklahoma State. My business had ties to each. I know where both players went to school.
okay, there are more schools in that state than just those, but I gotcha...

we don't get many 50+ posters in here, but we could certainly use them!!!

if you have seen Dupree live then I hope you stick around here more...I will respect your posts more just because of it...lol
Old 11-13-2010, 07:25 PM   #40
Tarik One
NBA rookie of the year

Tarik One has decent reputationTarik One has decent reputation

Quote:
Originally Posted by InspiredLebowski
So I finally watched this, and I honestly had a hard time feeling sorry for the guy. Not because he didn't get scammed, not because injuries derailed his career, not because he DID seem to coast a bit (hell, I would too). But because the guy's fine with it all, he's content. He's not one of those oh so prevalent athletes, didn't seem to be at least, that defines himself by his past. No one's fault his knees got busted, his own naive fault (callous as it is) he got conned out of his cash, he seems to understand that. He's not looking to place blame because there's nowhere to place it.

Most of what I've read about this 30 for 30 was that it was sad and depressing and all that, and it is in parts to be sure, but holy shit, if this guy can't give you hope that you can get past whatever plans you had not working I don't know what can. He did what he wanted to do, he played in the NFL. Not be a star and tear up the league, just get there for a few games. And that was that, time to move on. Even before he got hurt it was clear to him this whole football thing was pretty fleeting. I don't think it was a "this is all I know how to do, got no choice" thing with him going to the Rams, it was a challenge. He won the challenge, so when he got cut it didn't even matter, onto the next one.

I knew nothing of this guy before this documentary, but I hope somehow someway he's involved with mentoring. Be it through some high school coaching, a Boy's and Girl's Club, tied to the NFL/an agency, whatever. He seems like the perfect example to "there's more to life than football."

Pretty much the same sentiment i felt after watching. I was under the impression that this guy was really down and out, maybe even to the point of no return, but he's seems to be content with his current situation. Not to say that he has no regrets, but he's accepted the outcome of his life. He should be commended for that alone. Not many people would have been able to deal with that.

It's obvious that Dupree grew up very well-grounded
Tarik One is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 09:35 AM   #41
JMT
NBA lottery pick

JMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation hereJMT has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
okay, there are more schools in that state than just those, but I gotcha...

we don't get many 50+ posters in here, but we could certainly use them!!!

if you have seen Dupree live then I hope you stick around here more...I will respect your posts more just because of it...lol

Thanks.

You're right about the other schools. In fact, though my business gave me access to OU and OSU, I had a great personal relationship with TU during the Nolan Richardson days. A great guy.
JMT is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: