One of the Goodfellas NBAplayoffs2001's Avatar

Default For those who lived in Texas, is high school football really that crazy there?

I've heard to an extent that Southern California also has massive football powerhouses.

I went to a high school where we used to be like 1-7 or 0-8 each year. It was a walk on team

______________________ Balla_Status's Avatar

Default Re: For those who lived in Texas, is high school football really that crazy there?

Yes it's really that crazy. Grown ass men and women living vicariously through 15-18 year old males.

shhhhhhh

Default Re: For those who lived in Texas, is high school football really that crazy there?

Socal does have some very impressive highschool programs but I don't think it's as worshipped here as it is in parts of Texas...

National High School Star

Quote Originally Posted by NBAplayoffs2001
    I've heard to an extent that Southern California also has massive football powerhouses.

I went to a high school where we used to be like 1-7 or 0-8 each year. It was a walk on team

A town called Allen, Texas(google) recently built an 18,000 seat High School stadium with a 40 foot scoreboard for $60 million dollars.

Other towns have spent on multi million dollar stadiums as well.

Insane.

exercise profits littl MadeFromDust's Avatar

Everything's bigger in Texas

Quote Originally Posted by 32jazz
    A town called Allen, Texas(google) recently built an 18,000 seat High School stadium with a 40 foot scoreboard for $60 million dollars.

Other towns have spent on multi million dollar stadiums as well.

Insane.
    to be fair, that football stadium has a ton of other stuff attached to it. There is an area for the wrestling team, a golf simulator for their golf team, and weight rooms all under it. Also, part of the bond that funded the stadium was for their kick ass performing arts center.

~the original p.tiddy~ ~primetime~'s Avatar

It's only like that in rural areas... I'm am a football fanatic, I follow the Cowboys/NFL religiously, and I can not name a single High School football player in this state.

I can't tell you what teams are good either... Have no idea

yeah they are stupid neanderthals. the only reason why texas has great cities is because of the oil they produce.

College star

I played pee wee football in rural dallas, tx when I was 9. I had to be recruited onto the team, saw parents telling their kids to go out there and "beat the ****ing shit out of those kids." we even had a damn super bowl with a trophy presentation, and to it off we played Deion Sanders kid in the superbowl. yes football is that crazy in texas.

Local High School Star Magic731's Avatar

wtf it's high school....

This thread was done 3 weeks ago and was done better.
    http://www.insidehoops.com/forum/sho...d.php?t=352918