Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Washington Wizards Forum

Washington Wizards Forum Washington Wizards forum - Washington Wizards message board

Old 11-21-2008, 08:27 PM   #1
PlatteontheRiver
Can barely lace up my sneakers

PlatteontheRiver has an OK reputation so far
Question More trades?

With New York's dealings and the Clippers reported dissatisfaction with Kaman what about a trade of Etan Thomas and Pech or Songalia for Kaman? It would free up cap money for them sooner and wouldn't hurt the Wizards payroll much and gives them a Center who has proven to be a starter giving McGee a little more time to mature. The Clippers could use any of the players tthe way they did Tim Thomas and still have mid-range/post options. Is McGuire in the dog house or injured?
PlatteontheRiver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-22-2008, 12:02 AM   #2
Dat1
I brick open layups

Dat1 has an OK reputation so far
Default Re: More trades?

Kris Kaman is weak and Etan Thomas is there for defense and rebound, where they need him to be.
Dat1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 05:58 PM   #3
PlatteontheRiver

Exclamation Re: More trades?

It does not look like 15-10-2-2 is "weak" when Etan is 4-3-1 this year and 6-5-1 lifetime! We are not 6-5. We are 1-10. Time for some tweaking?
Old 11-24-2008, 07:13 AM   #4
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatteontheRiver
It does not look like 15-10-2-2 is "weak" when Etan is 4-3-1 this year and 6-5-1 lifetime! We are not 6-5. We are 1-10. Time for some tweaking?

I don't think we need tweaking i think we need are players to develop more and just be healthy. Nick young,Javale McGee and Andray Blatche need to develop some more and are at there own pace. I am sorda hoping for a bad season just so we can pick up Blake Griffen and maybe trade Etan Thomas maybe even give up Haywood and Mcguire for say Kyle korver.

Heres out line up for next year.

PG Arenas/Daniels
SG Young/Korver/Stevenson
SF Butler/McGuire
PF Jamison/Blatche
C McGee/Griffin

I would say we could make 2nd round with that atleast.
EricGordon23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:01 PM   #5
mamba24
read this you homer

mamba24 has decent reputationmamba24 has decent reputation
Exclamation Re: More trades?

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
I don't think we need tweaking i think we need are players to develop more and just be healthy. Nick young,Javale McGee and Andray Blatche need to develop some more and are at there own pace. I am sorda hoping for a bad season just so we can pick up Blake Griffen and maybe trade Etan Thomas maybe even give up Haywood and Mcguire for say Kyle korver.

Heres out line up for next year.

PG Arenas/Daniels
SG Young/Korver/Stevenson
SF Butler/McGuire
PF Jamison/Blatche
C McGee/Griffin

I would say we could make 2nd round with that atleast.

I would say try trade for Eddy Curry....and now that Eddie jordan is fired...i suggest you guys pick up Avery Johnson...That man knows how to preach defense and he'll ship shape eddy curry into a center....

Eddy needs to learn some defensive schemes and work on his rebounding...as for his offense...he can put up 20ppg on 55% shooting...so hes pretty efficient...while NY is having its fire sale its time to trade etan thomas for curry....

or if you guys like a higher salary player...brad miller should be available during the trade deadline or if the kings loose alot of games.
mamba24 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 01:50 PM   #6
Moose

Kaman would be an ideal fit for the Wizards. Too bad they don't have the pieces to acquire him.
Old 11-25-2008, 10:19 PM   #7
EricGordon23
Good college starter

EricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation hereEricGordon23 has an incredible reputation here

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moose
Kaman would be an ideal fit for the Wizards. Too bad they don't have the pieces to acquire him.

Can you explain how Kaman would be an ideal fit for the wizardz over someone like Eddy Curry.
Old 11-26-2008, 06:27 PM   #8
PlatteontheRiver

Cool Re: More trades?

Is it anyone elses opion opinion that Curry has been poison on both the Bulls and Knicks? He has done little besides whine and get injured! Not to mention his heart issues which I don't know much about. He's soft and Kaman has some intellegent toughness. If the Wizards play with the toughness they played with last night they don't need either oned of them! With Etan sitting the entire game is there a trade already in the works???
Old 11-28-2008, 10:20 AM   #9
EricGordon23
Good college starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by PlatteontheRiver
Is it anyone elses opion opinion that Curry has been poison on both the Bulls and Knicks? He has done little besides whine and get injured! Not to mention his heart issues which I don't know much about. He's soft and Kaman has some intellegent toughness. If the Wizards play with the toughness they played with last night they don't need either oned of them! With Etan sitting the entire game is there a trade already in the works???

I can't see us trading any of a big men considering how fast they get fouls. For instance vs Orlando i know its Dwight but WoW Etan thomas had to actually play a substantial amount of minutes do to the face that McGee had early fould and Blatche made stupid ones i say we keep them and hope to finish good in the draft but if Arenas comes back in good condition i don't see why we can't make 7th or 8th seed since Butler and Jamison have been playing incredible ball as of late.
Old 11-29-2008, 12:04 PM   #10
Moose

Quote:
Originally Posted by EricGordon23
Can you explain how Kaman would be an ideal fit for the wizardz over someone like Eddy Curry.

Honestly, Kaman would be sick next to good players such as Arenas, Butler and Jamison. He plays defense, hustles, doesn't have to be the best player on the team to win (Clippers 05-06).

Eddy Curry on the other hand, would not. He doesn't play defense, lazy, clogs up the lane due to his weight. Sure he had some good games, but he isn't self motivated.

Just my 2 cents.
Old 12-01-2008, 08:55 PM   #11
PlatteontheRiver

I still say what about a trade of Etan Thomas and Pech or Songalia for Kaman? When the Clippers are 3-13 and they can clear cap sooner and Washington is 2-12 and really would not be affected much cap wise since they already have several multi-year contracts wouldn't this or a similar trade make sense. This would also open up a spot if sometime they want to sign a ten day player or make another deal.
Old 12-10-2008, 11:56 AM   #12
idizzle
Good college starter

idizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat coolidizzle is considered somewhat cool

The Wizards are looking to get Javaris Crittenton from the Grizzlies and Mike James from the Hornets.

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/wiz..._for_mike.html

Last edited by idizzle : 12-10-2008 at 12:00 PM.
idizzle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2008, 03:38 PM   #13
Huey Freeman
PAO

Huey Freeman has decent reputationHuey Freeman has decent reputation

Way to pick up Critt. He's one of my favorite players.
Huey Freeman is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: