Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 10-07-2010, 01:55 AM   #31
bagelred
Stare

Default Re: 'The Event' on NBC

It's trying to be like LOST in many many ways....too many list right now, so I thought I'd immediately resent it and hate it.

But got to admit, its not bad. I'm intrigued enough to continue watching for now, but not sure how long my interest will last.
bagelred is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-07-2010, 02:25 AM   #32
heyhey
stay mad golden state

I really did not like the first episode. the whole thing with young couple meets villains with ulterior motive while on vacationing in some exotic place is kind of cliche. Especially when the guy "has to do everything in his power" to get the girl back.

But I do like the mystery and conspiracy angle. I wish the series takes a more macro perspective rather than focusing too much on the individuals.
heyhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:11 PM   #33
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

I don't know if anybody still follows this show, but it's officially gone to hell imo. I just downloaded the last episode and had to turn it off halfway in. Funny how the last 2 shows I've tried to get into got unwatchably bad in a matter of 6 or 7 episodes (flashforward, the event)
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:16 PM   #34
BankShot
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lebowsky
I don't know if anybody still follows this show, but it's officially gone to hell imo. I just downloaded the last episode and had to turn it off halfway in. Funny how the last 2 shows I've tried to get into got unwatchably bad in a matter of 6 or 7 episodes (flashforward, the event)

Funny you mention Flashforward, seeing as how this is pretty much the same point in the series where I began to lose interest due to crummy writing and plot development.
BankShot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2010, 11:17 PM   #35
Lebowsky
Hi, how are you?

Quote:
Originally Posted by BankShot
Funny you mention Flashforward, seeing as how this is pretty much the same point in the series where I began to lose interest due to crummy writing and plot development.

Yeah, same thing happened to me, that's why I mentioned it. I thought this one actually had potential, but boy was I wrong.
Lebowsky is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:07 AM   #36
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

hang in there, there's some good episodes coming up

Last edited by Lamar Doom : 11-14-2010 at 04:51 AM.
Lamar Doom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 04:40 AM   #37
kentatm
NBA Legend

kentatm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2010, 10:46 AM   #38
embersyc
Lurker

To the FlashForward haters, sure there were a few lulls, but the second half of the season after the 3 month break was pretty awesome and the "season finale" was amazing. I so wish another network would pick that show back up.
embersyc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2011, 04:29 AM   #39
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

The Event returns Feb 28th with a full night- one hour recap followed by two episodes (11 and 12) that acts as a double episode and is some of the best stuff of the first season. Episode 15 is f*cking sweet. Catch up on nbc.com or on demand if you're behind and make sure you catch the first 4 episodes when we come back- really good stuff for network episodic.
Old 01-23-2011, 04:32 AM   #40
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

click the photo!
Old 01-23-2011, 05:05 AM   #41
tian820
College star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
The Event returns Feb 28th with a full night- one hour recap followed by two episodes (11 and 12) that acts as a double episode and is some of the best stuff of the first season. Episode 15 is f*cking sweet. Catch up on nbc.com or on demand if you're behind and make sure you catch the first 4 episodes when we come back- really good stuff for network episodic.

Have you seen the entire season already? Do you know why there's such a long layoff between new episodes?
tian820 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 07:08 AM   #42
Lamar Doom
Fresh Kid Turned Rotten

Arrow Re: 'The Event' on NBC

I had originally said that the 28th of Febuary was going to be a full night of The Event- a one hour recap show followed by two full episodes (11 and 12)- but now it sounds like it will return March 7th.

I can tell you that 11 and 12 will be my favorite episodes of the season thusfar until we reach episode 15, which is a seriously impressive episode of television. I have definitely never seen more money put into one hour of episodic drama AND it was directed by Janusz Kaminski (DP on Private Ryan, Minority Report, Schindlers List, Amistad, Catch Me If You Can, AI, Munich, Diving Bell and Butterfly, War of The Worlds, Indiana Jones 4, Funny People...). It's by far the best episode of the season that has filmed and I can't wait to see the finished product. Your boy Lamar Doom has a speaking part (small and not that interesting) in at least two episodes coming up too so stay tuned for that.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:32 AM   #43
chazzy
3-time NBA All-Star

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lamar Doom
I had originally said that the 28th of Febuary was going to be a full night of The Event- a one hour recap show followed by two full episodes (11 and 12)- but now it sounds like it will return March 7th.

I can tell you that 11 and 12 will be my favorite episodes of the season thusfar until we reach episode 15, which is a seriously impressive episode of television. I have definitely never seen more money put into one hour of episodic drama AND it was directed by Janusz Kaminski (DP on Private Ryan, Minority Report, Schindlers List, Amistad, Catch Me If You Can, AI, Munich, Diving Bell and Butterfly, War of The Worlds, Indiana Jones 4, Funny People...). It's by far the best episode of the season that has filmed and I can't wait to see the finished product. Your boy Lamar Doom has a speaking part (small and not that interesting) in at least two episodes coming up too so stay tuned for that.
Nice. I have a friend at NBC who told me there was some conflict with the direction of the story, and that it suffered because of it.. but hopefully the 2nd half is as good as you make it sound. I see the potential in the show so I'll definitely check it out.
chazzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2011, 06:04 PM   #44
pete's montreux
Blu Ray™ Savant

I watched the first four episodes and kind of fell off. Very meh to me. It's similar to LOST when LOST was two seasons in.
pete's montreux is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: