Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops

Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > InsideHoops Main Basketball Forums > Off the Court Lounge

Off the Court Lounge Basketball fans talk about everything EXCEPT basketball here

Old 03-12-2019, 04:27 PM   #1
scuzzy
infinity blades

Angry [Trigger Warning] LAPD backwards sting operation on Uber drivers going viral

*NSFW* Rage material

The Sting

- Undercover PD with luggage are trying to get a ride, waiving down pedestrians (Uber drivers) and then lie that their phone doesen't work.

- They ask the driver if paying in cash is okay (with no receipt) and if the driver agrees then they bust him.

TLDR: The scam is that they claim their phone doesn’t work and they offer to pay cash instead of in-app, which means there’s no receipt and that’s illegal so they cite the driver if he agrees...

AKA: Baiting low income Uber drivers who pulled over to help them, with cash

Taxi Industry funding LAPD to do this

Quote:
"Galindo insisted that it was not a conflict of interest for the City of Los Angeles to take money from the taxi companies to fund stings that now arrest their top competitors."

That's right, private businesses legally paying the city to eliminate it's competitors (Uber drivers)

LAPD can be hired as mercenaries
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:36 PM   #2
Patrick Chewing
VOTE BREXIT

Default Re: [Trigger Warning] LAPD backwards sting operation on Uber drivers going viral

Patrick Chewing is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:38 PM   #3
highwhey
tf

Default Re: [Trigger Warning] LAPD backwards sting operation on Uber drivers going viral

pigs going to pig
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #4
Long Duck Dong
National High School Star

Yes it's been established already. Stupid Californians electing greedy liberal politicians to fvck them over then blaming the cops for doing what these local politicians direct them to do.

Is it any wonder only the people from Louisiana and Mississippi have lower average IQs than sunburned Californians?
Long Duck Dong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:43 PM   #5
Kblaze8855
Titles are overrated

In my brief run as a driver to see what it was like I picked up lots of people for cash. Almost all strippers. Strippers have cash....and don’t trust people. Makes sense....attractive women walk out with a literal bag of cash and get in a car with a stranger at 4am. Once they know you’re not a psycho they want the same driver all the time. They will just get your number and call and pay with a wad of cash. I’m not even sure how it’s illegal if you’re off the app.

Illegal to give a ride for gas money too?
Kblaze8855 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 04:45 PM   #6
highwhey
tf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kblaze8855
In my brief run as a driver to see what it was like I picked up lots of people for cash. Almost all strippers. Strippers have cash....and donít trust people. Makes sense....attractive women walk out with a literal bag of cash and get in a car with a stranger at 4am. Once they know youíre not a psycho they want the same driver all the time. They will just get your number and call and pay with a wad of cash.
damn this would be a good side hustle. be the uber for strippers.

then setup a robbery.
highwhey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-12-2019, 05:30 PM   #7
scuzzy
infinity blades

Quote:
Originally Posted by highwhey
damn this would be a good side hustle. be the uber for strippers.

basically all that pimpin is

just a middle man that makes deliveries and offers protection

instead of dropping them off at a motel/strip, Kblaze' hoes caught tricks at the club
scuzzy is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by: