Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops



Go Back   Message Board Basketball Forum - InsideHoops > NBA Team Forums > Miami Heat Forum

Miami Heat Forum Miami Heat forum - miami heat message board

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-06-2008, 04:03 PM   #76
Richie2k6
Smooth Like Butter
 
Richie2k6's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Posts: 9,067
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.
Finally somebody says it. Shaq isn't going to have to sprint like Rip Hamilton to fit in the offense.
Richie2k6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:04 PM   #77
StroShow4
Certified ISHiot.
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Posts: 19,907
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
O'Neal is down to 312 pounds

StroShow4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:12 PM   #78
eauclaire447
I rule the local playground
 
eauclaire447's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 553
Thumbs up Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.
this is the best post i have read in a while!!! great job
eauclaire447 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:18 PM   #79
The Answer
Local High School Star
 
The Answer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Location: West Virginia
Posts: 1,277
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by eauclaire447
this is the best post i have read in a while!!! great job

Thanks.
The Answer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:19 PM   #80
ChrisConley
Local High School Star
 
ChrisConley's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2007
Posts: 1,030
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
'And by the way, all that racism crap I spouted when you won your MVP, forget about it. I never said it. In fact, I said the opposite. kazaam.'

link please.

i can't any quote where shaq insinuates nash got mvp b/c he's white.
ChrisConley is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:21 PM   #81
LongBeachLakers
Local High School Star
 
LongBeachLakers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Location: Long Beach, CA
Posts: 1,176
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Reminds me of Kwame Brown telling Jordan, "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."
LongBeachLakers is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:25 PM   #82
bjtrdff
Darrick Martin's Coach
 
bjtrdff's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 1,276
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

I don't remember the exact quote. But it was around when Nash narrowly beat Shaq for MVP, and it was brought up, and Shaq had a few comments on it. So they're out there.

Not a big deal, but just mildly amusing considering he's going to Phoenix.
bjtrdff is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #83
mjbulls23
6 World Championships
 
Join Date: Nov 2007
Posts: 2,485
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

I can't count out Shaq.... he might not be what he once was, but motivation can greatly change the way a player plays ala Shaq/Vince Carter.....
mjbulls23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:28 PM   #84
John Starks
Local High School Star
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Posts: 1,851
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by The Answer
Why do you say that? Not all five players need to run up and down the court constantly in an uptempo offense. Do you think a 40 year old Kareem was sprinting up and down the court at the end of the showtime era? Of course not. A big part of his job was to start breaks with his rebounding, shot blocking, and outlet passing skill. Then, in the half court situations, the Lakers could always go inside to him for an easy two. I honestly see no reason why Shaq can't play a similar role for the Suns; well, except for possible injuries I guess.

No, but he will need to run and move and get to the ball. He's been to injured or too old or too banged up or too slow to do it for about 18 mos. The doubters -- me -- go by the evidence of Shaq they see, not the guy they'd ike to remember.

I don't think its a lack of inspiration or motivation, its a lack of health and mobility.
John Starks is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #85
TMac&Luther
Karl Malone's bastard
 
TMac&Luther's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Posts: 4,565
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Reminds me of Kwame Brown telling Jordan, "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."

Yep, just like it.......except for the fact that Shaq is a proven champ who's been to the top multiple times on multiple teams and Kwame Brown is a turd bust who's never done anything....other than that, it's just like it.
TMac&Luther is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:29 PM   #86
Valliant13
Great college starter
 
Valliant13's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2006
Posts: 3,542
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by bjtrdff
'And by the way, all that racism crap I spouted when you won your MVP, forget about it. I never said it. In fact, I said the opposite. kazaam.'

The Kazaam was very nice touch.
Valliant13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #87
guy
3-time NBA All-Star
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Posts: 10,159
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

At least he seems really motivated. This trade isnt as bad as it seems from a basketball AND financial perspective. From a basketball perspective, its not like the Marion-Suns team has won anything nor were they going to. If they were going to win, they would've by now, not anytime in the future considering how much stronger the West is now. A change was needed, their formula wasn't working. Now you can say they could've gotten a better deal for Marion, but could they have really? They're looking for interior defense and rebounding, and I heard they tried to get Dalembert but that didnt work out, so it sounds like Shaq wasn't their first option anyway. And from a financial perspective Marion wanted a big extension and Banks was for the next 4 years. Its basically the same and now after 2010, when guys like Lebron, Wade, and Bosh are free agents, the Suns will have $33 million off the books.
guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:30 PM   #88
veilside23
alternick = loser :D
 
veilside23's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: P.I.
Posts: 3,865
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by LongBeachLakers
Reminds me of Kwame Brown telling Jordan, "if you draft me, you'll never regret it."

even a 40 year old shaq would be milestone away from the bricking layup of kwame who brown...
veilside23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:31 PM   #89
ElPigto
*****istrator
 
ElPigto's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2006
Posts: 4,812
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Quote:
Originally Posted by John Starks
No, but he will need to run and move and get to the ball. He's been to injured or too old or too banged up or too slow to do it for about 18 mos. The doubters -- me -- go by the evidence of Shaq they see, not the guy they'd ike to remember.

I don't think its a lack of inspiration or motivation, its a lack of health and mobility.

It's not as if Shaq is completely motionless. I'm sure he can get in good enough shape to park his ass in the post and create spacing for others.

I don't see how this affects this offense at all. It's the defense I'd worry about.
ElPigto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-06-2008, 04:33 PM   #90
Flashbeanie
Decent playground baller
 
Join Date: Jun 2006
Posts: 353
Default Re: Shaq To Nash: "I Will Not Let You Down"

Shaq can still play. Just look at how he played against the Suns.
Flashbeanie is offline   Reply With Quote
This NBA Basketball News Website Sponsored by:




Reply


Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

vB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Forum Jump


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 02:23 AM.






NBA BASKETBALL FORUM KEY LINKS:

InsideHoops.com Home

NBA Rumors

NBA Daily Roundup

NBA Scores

NBA Stats

NBA Videos

NBA Free Agents

Fantasy Basketball

Basketball Sneakers

Search Site

STAY CONNECTED
Twitter
Facebook
Instagram
YouTube










Powered by vBulletin Version 3.5.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd. Terms of Use/Service | Privacy Policy