Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Exclamation Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

"Verdansk. August 26" which is the name of the WZ map

Warzone is the central game that both 2019 MW and this new BO COD will be tied to

I wonder how they'll manage to incorporate weapons and operators between both games. 2019 MW was the best COD in years imo, if it's anything similar (not BO3/BO4, wall running, jet packs, etc) i'll be copping day 1

Someone cracked the code to the bunker and it's a nuke silo
    Last edited by LAmbruh; 08-19-2020 at 10:35 PM.

Default Re: Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War

"Tightly connected" to the rebooted Modern Warfare. So...the Call of Duty Universe is now a thing, I guess. I care about these games strictly for the campaigns. I haven't tried a Black Ops since Black Ops 2, the story for which was total dogshit. That said, WWII and the new MW were both pretty tight and enjoyable so I may give this one a run if it ends up in a Steam summer sale at some point.

Quote Originally Posted by Derka View Post
    "Tightly connected" to the rebooted Modern Warfare. So...the Call of Duty Universe is now a thing, I guess. I care about these games strictly for the campaigns. I haven't tried a Black Ops since Black Ops 2, the story for which was total dogshit. That said, WWII and the new MW were both pretty tight and enjoyable so I may give this one a run if it ends up in a Steam summer sale at some point.
    The call of duty campaigns are real good, I would rent them from redbox and rip through the single player in a weekend.

The only one I didn't like was the one in space

COD games never drop on deep sale for PS4 though, always $35 and up. BO4 from 2 years ago is still around $40 unless you buy used

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer Manny98's Avatar

I hope we get BO1 remastered as well

I think the PS5 will launch on the same day as this game (November 13th)

Quote Originally Posted by LAmbruh View Post
    jackfrags is my go to

game looks good, different but good.

Quote Originally Posted by highwhey View Post
    jackfrags is my go to

game looks good, different but good.
    Yup JF is that dude for BF and WZ

Not quite sure what to think rn, not a fan of Blops 3 or 4 and was hoping this would be more Modern Warfare'ish mechanics and gunplay. It's hard to tell on compressed YT videos, gotta really play it first hand on TV

This looks a lot more COD arcady style, almost looks like BF Hardline a bit. The vibrant color pallet

I like the 32v32 ground war and Warzone, not so much run around mindlessly demolition/teamdeathmatch close quarters. That ship level with attack boats looks lit though.

I really just want something to entertain me until BF6 lol

Yup JF is that dude for BF and WZ

Not quite sure what to think rn, not a fan of Blops 3 or 4 and was hoping this would be more Modern Warfare'ish mechanics and gunplay. It's hard to tell on compressed YT videos, gotta really play it first hand on TV

This looks a lot more COD arcady style, almost looks like BF Hardline a bit. The vibrant color pallet

I like the 32v32 ground war and Warzone, not so much run around mindlessly demolition/teamdeathmatch close quarters. That ship level with attack boats looks lit though.

I really just want something to entertain me until BF6 lol
    honestly, i'm not a big fan of warzone. i play it and enjoy it, but i hate that its too easy to camp and kill. i like games that require a little more skill. thats why black ops intrigues me (at least this newer one), seems like they toned it down with that stuff. but i agree about the color pallete, almost looks cartoonish.

just checked out bf6 trailer, didn't even know there was one until you mentioned it. graphics looks amazing. i've been very big fan of the 2 last battlefields, heck, i'd rather play bfv over warzone but all my friends play warzone. can't wait for this game, hopefully they release it a lot sooner.

something always bugged me about cod games, why don't they work on their graphics more? theyre good, but battelfied games are usually tier 1 graphics and cod falls short. heck, battlefield 1 has better graphics than warzone and it was released in 2016

honestly, i'm not a big fan of warzone. i play it and enjoy it, but i hate that its too easy to camp and kill. i like games that require a little more skill. thats why black ops intrigues me (at least this newer one), seems like they toned it down with that stuff. but i agree about the color pallete, almost looks cartoonish.

just checked out bf6 trailer, didn't even know there was one until you mentioned it. graphics looks amazing. i've been very big fan of the 2 last battlefields, heck, i'd rather play bfv over warzone but all my friends play warzone. can't wait for this game, hopefully they release it a lot sooner.
    It's the loadout mechanic that makes everyone camp in WZ, especially solo's. Instead of rewarding you for killing people and stealing their rare/legendary weapons they had - loadouts just gives you your favorites after enough ground cash. No point in roaming for enemies, just chill in the attic until final circle.

I'm starting to get bored of it like I did with apex, just bought the full MW game 2 days ago so ive been playing ground war and unlocking guns.

If BF6 is anything like BF3+4 were in for a treat. BF4 lobbies on ps4 are still poppin

something always bugged me about cod games, why don't they work on their graphics more? theyre good, but battelfied games are usually tier 1 graphics and cod falls short. heck, battlefield 1 has better graphics than warzone and it was released in 2016
    Because they recycle 2014, 15, 16 , 17 assets and release a new one each year by different developers. BF is every 2-3 years and always built from the ground up on the Frostbite engine. Battlefield and Battlefront games are visually beautiful, hyper realistic. The Star Wars levels look amazing.

Because they recycle 2014, 15, 16 , 17 assets and release a new one each year by different developers. BF is every 2-3 years and always built from the ground up on the Frostbite engine. Battlefield and Battlefront games are visually beautiful, hyper realistic. The Star Wars levels look amazing.
    battlefront with the graphics mod is the most realistic graphics i've seen to date. hands down.

It's the loadout mechanic that makes everyone camp in WZ, especially solo's. Instead of rewarding you for killing people and stealing their rare/legendary weapons they had - loadouts just gives you your favorites after enough ground cash. No point in roaming for enemies, just chill in the attic until final circle.

I'm starting to get bored of it like I did with apex, just bought the full MW game 2 days ago so ive been playing ground war and unlocking guns.

If BF6 is anything like BF3+4 were in for a treat. BF4 lobbies on ps4 are still poppin
    that makes sense. tryout the ka98. it's an OP rifle, quickscope people to death day and night. part of the reason why i think the skill barrier is too entry level for this game. in BF you need 2 shots(1 with a HS) to kill someone and there's bullet drop with the rifles. that plus they made rifles even weaker to tone down the sniping.

i like it. been playing since thursday. i like the miami and cartel maps alot. but there are definitely some fixing they need to do, especially in the cartel map where it's difficult to spot a player bc their clothes blend in a little too well with the background. kind of dissapointed in the sniper rifles they have tho...wish they had a marksman rifle, maybe they do in the full version.

oh and don't get me started on how snipers don't have no flinch, plenty of times i've shot them first and they still land a center mass hit that needs to be fixed, if i get 2-3 shots on you first, you should not be able to sit still and aim without flinching...c'mon man.