Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: Harrison Barnes destroys Kevin Durant at Elite Skills Camp in Chicago

op is a *******

Default Re: Harrison Barnes destroys Kevin Durant at Elite Skills Camp in Chicago

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Durant freshman year
    25.8 ppg 11.1 rpg 1.9 BLK 53.6 eFG% 116.9 offensive rating
    1st team all big 12
    big 12 player of the year
    NCAA major conference scoring champion
    1st team all american(first freshman in a decade to do so)
    Naismith award winner(only freshman to ever win it)
    Oscar Robertson award winner(only freshman to ever win it)
    John R. Wooden award winner(only freshman to ever win it)
    NCAA associated press player of the year(only freshman to win it)
    Adolph F Rupp Trophy(only freshman to ever win it)
    NCABC Division 1 Player of the Year(only freshman to ever win it)

Harrison Barnes freshman year
    15.7 ppg 5.8 rpg .4 BLK 48.7 eFG% 106.5 offensive rating
    2nd team all ACC

Harrison Barnes is the most overrated player I think I've ever seen come into college. That isn't to say he won't be good in the NBA, but come on, he was pitiful last season in college. Imagine if he had been in the NBA at that same age, as he surely would have if there was no restriction on going straight to the pros. It might have ruined his career.

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Harrison Barnes is the most overrated player I think I've ever seen come into college. That isn't to say he won't be good in the NBA, but come on, he was pitiful last season in college. Imagine if he had been in the NBA at that same age, as he surely would have if there was no restriction on going straight to the pros. It might have ruined his career.
    As the year went on he got better and better. By tourney time he was the guy people were expecting game 1 of his freshman season. I wouldnt say he was pitiful last season at all.

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    As the year went on he got better and better. By tourney time he was the guy people were expecting game 1 of his freshman season. I wouldnt say he was pitiful last season at all.
    Not pitiful in terms of him being a freshman, but he was the only freshman ever to be named pre-season All-American (not his fault I know) and look at his stats compared to what guys like Durant or Beasley did as freshmen.

And it's not like he was on a bad team where defenses could key on him either, he had no reason at all not to dominate from day 1.

I don't mean to say that he wasn't a good player by tourney time, because he certainly was, but it can't be argued that he's failed to live up to his hype. The most telling thing to me is his assist numbers. Barnes averaged 1.4 assists per game, and never had more than 4 in a game all year. That lack of court vision doesn't seem like the mark of a superstar in the making.

Maybe these scouts will be right and he'll be the next Kobe, I'm a bit wary though and I'm sick of how much hype he's getting for the numbers he's putting up.
    Last edited by hawksdogsbraves; 06-28-2011 at 11:02 PM.

Banned

Harison Barnes is gonna bust harder than virgin after sex.

IN PAT RILEY WE TRUST Theoo's Daddy's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by kaiiu
    Harison Barnes is gonna bust harder than virgin after sex.

Decent college freshman Mr. Incredible's Avatar

You guys stay asleep. This kid is for real.

Clutch, clutch, & clutch.

Thank you Based Presti OKCThunderUP's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by GOBB
    So I watched two videos in thier entirety only to find out Harrison Barnes does not in fact destroy Kevin Durant. Interesting.
    Yeah I'm questioning the OP's english comprehension. Nowhere in that video did Barnes claim he beat Durant or anything of that nature.

Delusional.

College superstar

Quote Originally Posted by jbryan1984
    God I wish he would had come out this year. He would had been an instant hero in Cleveland.
    Stern should grant Cavs permission to purposely tank the season so whats his face point guard and barnes can be the back court of the future, to make everyone forget about Jordan ever hitting a shot over EHlo numerous times.

Saw a basketball once

Quote Originally Posted by 28renyoy
    Durant freshman year
    25.8 ppg 11.1 rpg 1.9 BLK 53.6 eFG% 116.9 offensive rating
    1st team all big 12
    big 12 player of the year
    NCAA major conference scoring champion
    1st team all american(first freshman in a decade to do so)
    Naismith award winner(only freshman to ever win it)
    Oscar Robertson award winner(only freshman to ever win it)
    John R. Wooden award winner(only freshman to ever win it)
    NCAA associated press player of the year(only freshman to win it)
    Adolph F Rupp Trophy(only freshman to ever win it)
    NCABC Division 1 Player of the Year(only freshman to ever win it)

Harrison Barnes freshman year
    15.7 ppg 5.8 rpg .4 BLK 48.7 eFG% 106.5 offensive rating
    2nd team all ACC

Well...
    Michael Beasley Freshman year
    33 gp 33 gs 31.5 mpg 1.3 spg 1.6 bpg 12.4 rpg 1.2 apg 26.2 ppg .532 fg% .774 gt% .379 3p%

Blake Griffin Freshman year

33 gp 33 gs 28.4 mpg 14.7 ppg 9.1 rpg 1.8 apg 1.0 spgm .85 bpg .568 fg% .589 ft% .0 3p%

Just comparing freshman years you can't tell which one is better. Lets wait an see how Harrison Barnes develops his game. I think hi has potential to be an all-star, in the second half of the season he played very well.

Derrick Rose - 14.9ppg, 4.5rpg, 4,7apg
    Dennis Rodman - 26ppg, 13rpg on 61%

Stats=everything

Quote Originally Posted by dirkdiggler41
    Derrick Rose - 14.9ppg, 4.5rpg, 4,7apg
    Dennis Rodman - 26ppg, 13rpg on 61%

Stats=everything
    Well Dennis Rodman is in the hall of fame so that's not really a good example.

Please clap. Real Men Wear Green's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by hawksdogsbraves
    Carolina is a different kind of school. Look at the numbers MJ and VC put up as freshmen. Dean Smith isn't the coach any longer but his legacy lives on in Roy Williams. It's not their style to make a freshman the man the minute he sets foot on campus. It can happen (Jamison, for example) but they don't push for it like some other schools do.

This isn't me saying Barnes will be at Jordan or VC's level, before anyone gets in my face. Just advocating patience. There was a time when a Frosh like KD winning the Naismith was unheard-of, and it wasn't that long ago. It's quite possible that a future NBA great doesn't take over the NCAA in his first year.

Quote Originally Posted by OKCThunderUP
    Yeah I'm questioning the OP's english comprehension. Nowhere in that video did Barnes claim he beat Durant or anything of that nature.

Delusional.
    The only claim Barnes made was "There was a leak in the roof and water got on the floor, so Durant made a move and I slipped in the puddle and he drained the shot"

Michael Jordan of ISH

Quote Originally Posted by Real Men Wear Green
    Carolina is a different kind of school. Look at the numbers MJ and VC put up as freshmen. Dean Smith isn't the coach any longer but his legacy lives on in Roy Williams. It's not their style to make a freshman the man the minute he sets foot on campus. It can happen (Jamison, for example) but they don't push for it like some other schools do.

This isn't me saying Barnes will be at Jordan or VC's level, before anyone gets in my face. Just advocating patience. There was a time when a Frosh like KD winning the Naismith was unheard-of, and it wasn't that long ago. It's quite possible that a future NBA great doesn't take over the NCAA in his first year.
    Aside from Durant it still is. Only 1 player has ever won a NPOY their freshman year, and Durant won all 7 of them