Page 7 of 25 FirstFirst ... 4567891017 ... LastLast

Thread: Homeland

Default Re: Homeland

Yeah she should've told them, but how do you protect the VP from having his pacemaker shutoff wirelessly?

Oh yeah, Mitch Kramer? johndeeregreen's Avatar

I think it was more that they might have been able to have some medical response available, not that they would have been able to prevent it.

I rule the local playground Rojogaqu11's Avatar

If she mentions the pacemaker situation to them, it may lead to leaks of information about the whole operation involving Brody. At the same time, it would put Brody at even more risk because he was the one who basically killed the VP. He is still present at the site and the whole situation might lead into an even bigger scandal.
    Also think that Carrie ran away before even knowing for sure that Brody sent the number to Nazir. So everything could be just a matter of focusing on Nazir's location.
    I'm sure the writers have their reasoning.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ZenMaster
    They need to find a way to kill off Brodys' son, every scene with him is pretty cringe worthy.
    Still better than Dexter's children. Those are some lame ass kids.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    I wondered the same thing. Really, the show is chock full of those "why didn't" or "what if" moments. Like Thorpe said the entire being able to stop a pacemaker online is a little bit of a reach to me but what the hell, I guess I could be wrong. But all in all this was a really good episode and the show is continuing to be entertaining. I don't see how a season three with this core of characters is possible, and removing either Damian Lewis or Claire Danes from the show would be a death knell IMO, so it's going to be interesting to see how they set up season three in the last few episodes here.
    I don't even know what they could do in season 3 except drag out the same storyline. What else could they do after Abu Nazir dies?

I just watched the most recent episode and for those who questioned the validity of the pacemaker death I found this interview the producers did with The Huffington Post:

How did it strike you at first when you heard about the pacemaker idea?
    Bromell: It struck me as lunatic. The way it started was Howard read in "The New York Times" about this, and I did the research. Some scientists had written a scholarly piece on the fact that in their lab, they had indeed hacked easily into one of these things and caused it to run amok. [The box like the one Walden had] is for doctors to be able to check in on you without you being there. You have your pacemaker and then a little plastic box -- the one on the show is a real one -- and that box normally is in the doctor's office, and he can check it at any time, and if anything is going wrong, that little box will tell him. Under certain circumstances, if your heart starts to beat too fast, it would slow it down automatically.

When you hack into it, you basically trick it, and the scientists very easily convinced the pacemaker that it should send a huge jolt of electricity into the heart. And bammo, it did it. Now, because of the scientific research, which is pretty new, the guys who make these things are changing them so you can't do this.
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/1..._2213510.html?

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Yesss bout to watch tonight's episode.

Old School Cool brandonislegend's Avatar

Holy sheet

Great episode. The scene between Brody and his wife was perfect. Totally captured the helplessness and despair of a failed relationship with somebody you know it won't work out with but still care about immensely.

Quote Originally Posted by johndeeregreen
    I wondered the same thing.
    Didn't take too long in this episode to stop me wondering. She's prepared to protect Brody at any cost.

NBA sixth man of the year Thorpesaurous's Avatar

Yeah, huge payoff episode.

I'm not sure where this leaves them long term. So it's all Brody and Carrie and Saul being tracked by Estes and Quinn. Those become the lineups? It just so changes the dynamic. I'm not sure this show is meant to continue beyond this season.

These are writers who obviously react to public perception. I've read that they shoot very close to air date relatively speaking. And one reason to do that would be to react to fan opinion. And last night, or even the last couple weeks really, have felt like a direct response to the mole theory. First with some misdirection about Saul, and then last night they really played out the Galves role. That felt like a direct response to keeping Galves alive. Like his whole character was one giant red herring.

It remains an entertaining watch. The stuff with Brody and his wife was really well done. The Saul stuff was captivating.

Hope there is no Season 3, there just isn't any material that can last 12 hours. End the show on a high note.

NBA sixth man of the year miller-time's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Graviton
    Hope there is no Season 3, there just isn't any material that can last 12 hours. End the show on a high note.
    They won't, it is American TV.

I think Brody is still going carry out something Nazir had planned for him. Remember the last thing Nazir told him was, "If everything goes according to plan, this will be the last time you see me" or something like that. He's going to manipulate Carrie into inadvertently helping him go through with it.

3-time NBA All-Star

Quote Originally Posted by chazzy
    I think Brody is still going carry out something Nazir had planned for him. Remember the last thing Nazir told him was, "If everything goes according to plan, this will be the last time you see me" or something like that. He's going to manipulate Carrie into inadvertently helping him go through with it.
    I don't know about that. Because of him, that attack on 300+ marines and their families was avoided. Why would Nazir want Brody to stop that? Plus, Brody was basically about to tell Jess that he was a terrorist. Wouldn't make sense for him to tell her that if he was still planning on carrying some attack.