Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Banned

Default Re: so this is who democrats think will unseat trump in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by bladefd
    You are an utter fool, and the only way to stay safe in America as a fool is to live in obscurity.

soundcloud.com/agua-1 andgar923's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    Not switching shit up at all. That percentage is low because only the skilled are allowed into Canada...not unskilled like America. A larger percentage is going to equal a lot more unskilled residents. Tons of hispanic immigrants are now fighting gentrification which is arguable equally as racist.

Canada has never had vast swaths of unskilled immigrants coming into Canada like the US has so it's much easier for them to be open when the majority already speak english, educated and skilled. They assimilate much easier that way.

Blacks and hispanics are treated differently as they are different themselves. Like I said, higher skilled, more educated, speak english. Also the majority of black canadians are of Caribbean descent if I'm not mistaken which is a different culture itself.

I would agree with you that US government policies have negatively affected minorities but there are also US government policies in place with the intention of helping them that only hurt them.

Canada doesn't resettle that many refugees in comparison to the states except by a per capita basis. Again, not comparable.
    So you agree that there's different factors that come into play, yet that wasn't what you alluded to in your opening comment. By default you simply stated latinos and crime rate without 'context'.

And I completely agree that these factors are a reason why crime is what it is. Yet your initial post hints at latinos being inherently criminals and thus the crime rate.

But not all immigrants coming into Canada are here because they're educated or refugees. I don't know the number but I've met a number of non-skilled, non-highly educated latinos. And still, Canada admits more refugees than the states and other allies and that number continues to climb. They have the highest per capita immigration rate in the world.

Canada is a welcoming inclusive country by nature, it's in their f*ckin official documents (forgot if it's declaration or rights).

And as I mentioned, Canada has a better system set in place that helps immigrants assimilate. Yes the US has some programs, but societal views can greatly affect the outcome. It doesn't matter what laws are passed if society doesn't conform to them. Canadians are uber friendly and welcoming it's scary. At times I feel like im living in Disney*ckinland.

Quote Originally Posted by kennethgriffen
    yes

well... the ones that still have valuable careers are

the only way to stay safe in america as a white straight male is to live in obscurity
    Or not be racist/sexist???

How hard can it be not to be racist or sexist?

NBA Legend and Hall of Famer

Quote Originally Posted by andgar923
    So you agree that there's different factors that come into play, yet that wasn't what you alluded to in your opening comment. By default you simply stated latinos and crime rate without 'context'.

And I completely agree that these factors are a reason why crime is what it is. Yet your initial post hints at latinos being inherently criminals and thus the crime rate.

But not all immigrants coming into Canada are here because they're educated or refugees. I don't know the number but I've met a number of non-skilled, non-highly educated latinos. And still, Canada admits more refugees than the states and other allies and that number continues to climb. They have the highest per capita immigration rate in the world.

Canada is a welcoming inclusive country by nature, it's in their f*ckin official documents (forgot if it's declaration or rights).

And as I mentioned, Canada has a better system set in place that helps immigrants assimilate. Yes the US has some programs, but societal views can greatly affect the outcome. It doesn't matter what laws are passed if society doesn't conform to them. Canadians are uber friendly and welcoming it's scary. At times I feel like im living in Disney*ckinland.
    The number is extremely low for unskilled in comparison to the US. Doesn't matter if you met one person one time.

They are welcoming and inclusive and it's easy to be when the majority that come in are skilled, speak english and assimilate much easier and have a better culture. If you SEE immigrants assimilating, contributing to society, you're more likely to be welcoming whereas in the US if you see the incarceration rates, lack of english spoken, create your own communities (and fight against gentrification and whites moving in) well you may not be as welcoming. That's simply human nature.

And you mention societal views vs. law, you'd be correct and that's due to the low immigration and how they aren't as different from state to state as the US is. With low immigration, they maintain a more homogeneous culture whereas that's not even close to the case in the US which is why it's divisive in the first place. Canada comes from a more subservient, collectivist culture whereas USA is more individualistic. If you don't like one state, move to another - that's how it supposed to be with little power concentrated at the federal level. Same reasoning as to why the electoral college exist since each state has it's own culture and lifestyle.

Banned

Or not be racist/sexist???

How hard can it be not to be racist or sexist?

a white straight male in todays society is racist if they ask a person of colour if they're going to buy anything after they've been loitering for 3 hours in a coffee shop abusing the free wifi

a white straight male in todays society is sexist if they ask a female celebrity why she was flashing her privates in public. if it were a man they would be labeled a creep for exposing themselves. but for women its empowering and the interviewer is the creep

you see... theres grey areas/thin lines that are nearly impossible to see and not step over for us. we have to tip toe around everything. we don't have the same standards. we must avoid all body contact. avoid hugging people. avoid eye contact. anything and everything can offend women, trans, ethnic groups.

Quote Originally Posted by Hawker
    The number is extremely low for unskilled in comparison to the US. Doesn't matter if you met one person one time.

They are welcoming and inclusive and it's easy to be when the majority that come in are skilled, speak english and assimilate much easier and have a better culture. If you SEE immigrants assimilating, contributing to society, you're more likely to be welcoming whereas in the US if you see the incarceration rates, lack of english spoken, create your own communities (and fight against gentrification and whites moving in) well you may not be as welcoming. That's simply human nature.

And you mention societal views vs. law, you'd be correct and that's due to the low immigration and how they aren't as different from state to state as the US is. With low immigration, they maintain a more homogeneous culture whereas that's not even close to the case in the US which is why it's divisive in the first place. Canada comes from a more subservient, collectivist culture whereas USA is more individualistic. If you don't like one state, move to another - that's how it supposed to be with little power concentrated at the federal level. Same reasoning as to why the electoral college exist since each state has it's own culture and lifestyle.
    Canada has historically been a more welcoming country by nature. Canada was welcoming runaway slaves decades before the US freed and allowed them to vote. Hell, there's politicians alive today that voted to segregate them. There's politicians alive today that fought to be treated equal, yet Canada had welcomed slaves eons beforehand.

There are different factors I agree, nothing is clear cut. But you still fail to understand that Canadians are by nature a more welcoming country. The policies and other factors can be an influence but even then, society in general is different.

Society dictates policy.

When you have a country that 'welcomed' slaves, while the other literally hung them in public spaces as a family event your argument starts to crumble.

Think about the effects that has.

Again... one country welcomes, one hangs in public squares.

One country welcomes, one hangs in public squares.

One country welcomes, one hangs in public squares.

Do you not understand how society's views have an effect?

Some of those views get passed down from generation to generation. Some of those views are held by people that grow up and pass laws, have influence etc. This has a very real and deep effect on public's views even if they are watered down, even if they're not as drastic and severe, the stigma and bias is still rooted in many, even those that claim they aren't 'racist'.

So Canadians are more welcoming because they have a history of being.

a white straight male in todays society is racist if they ask a person of colour if they're going to buy anything after they've been loitering for 3 hours in a coffee shop abusing the free wifi
    Um... white people do that all day every day all across every Starbucks and Tims, yet they're not harassed or asked to leave or called the cops on.

But you refuse to understand that.

Whether you feel you're racist or not isn't an issue. Your rational IS racist, if you don't see why then chances are you are one.

Banned

Um... white people do that all day every day all across every Starbucks and Tims, yet they're not harassed or asked to leave or called the cops on.

But you refuse to understand that.

Whether you feel you're racist or not isn't an issue. Your rational IS racist, if you don't see why then chances are you are one.

this is another thing we have to deal with. every single time an ethnic person does anything wrong they say "white people do it and get away with it"

"the white man steals all the time so why can't i"

this is very very very common

and the reason you don't see national headlines about a white guy getting mad at a business owner asking him if hes gonna buy anything is because

a) most of the time the guy won't make a big scene

b) if and when they do it isn't the top story on the news because it isn't racially charged so it doesn't sell

you only know what you see and they only want you to see white on black crimes because it fuels the divide which in turn helps the democratic party gain votes

this is another thing we have to deal with. every single time an ethnic person does anything wrong they say "white people do it and get away with it"

"the white man steals all the time so why can't i"

this is very very very common

and the reason you don't see national headlines about a white guy getting mad at a business owner asking him if hes gonna buy anything is because

a) most of the time the guy won't make a big scene

b) if and when they do it isn't the top story on the news because it isn't racially charged so it doesn't sell

you only know what you see and they only want you to see white on black crimes because it fuels the divide which in turn helps the democratic party gain votes
    Or how about the truth...

Because white people if ever get kicked out, harassed or stereotyped.

A video goes viral and yes it creates an outrage. But think about the hundreds if not thousands of times blacks and hispanics get stereotyped and harassed a day???

YOU only know what you see and what you want to see.

I've been stereotyped and harassed more times in one year of my life than you have in your entire life.

Naw I apologize I take it back.

I've been stereotyped and harassed more times in one month of my life than you have your entire life.

F*ck you

Banned

Or how about the truth...

Because white people if ever get kicked out, harassed or stereotyped.

A video goes viral and yes it creates an outrage. But think about the hundreds if not thousands of times blacks and hispanics get stereotyped and harassed a day???

YOU only know what you see and what you want to see.

I've been stereotyped and harassed more times in one year of my life than you have in your entire life.

Naw I apologize I take it back.

I've been stereotyped and harassed more times in one month of my life than you have your entire life.

F*ck you

1. again with the deflection. why can't ethnic people own up to their own mistakes and not make everything about race. i'll take it back to a common parental point of view ... "if a white guy jumped off a bridge. would you do it too?" .. just because some of us are loitering good for nothing freeloaders doesn't mean you have to be one too

2. i get stereotyped/harassed daily too. you should see what they call me on worldstar. pigskin white devil pedo cave monkey dog f*cker sister f*cker etc... it doesn't bother me in the slightest. its only insulting if you believe it to be true

3. how do you know you've been harassed more times in one year/month than i ever have. we don't even know each other. in grade 5 i slacked off a ton and they took me out of school and placed me in a dysfunctional group of juvenile delinquents for a month. came back and they handed me a ritalin pill infront of the other students every day. my reputation was ruined. i was looked at as an outsider. teased daily. lost all my friends. spent every recess slouched in the corner by the door hoping i wouldn't get ganged up on and assaulted. it lasted till grade 9... i was called poor ass cause my parents didn't have any money. my grandfather never gave them a dime and my dad was a cheap skate. i had 1 pair of pants and wore pajama tops to school. i was a twig and never had a lunch. my friends mom had to pack me an extra sandwich. got ridiculed nonstop. i finally got a job at 15 and bought my own stuff. moved out soon after. it didn't ruin me. i worked for over 10 years before i got some inheritance. i didn't commit one single crime during that time. never stole a thing. never blamed my actions on suffering as a child/early teenager.

so never assume white people are born with this magical privilege. never assume you know everything about someone

Banned

come to think of it. perhaps this is why i've always had such high regard for jeremy by pearl jam

i was that kid... luckily i survived through the belief that i could fix my own situation some day. blaming others is an excuse. and if you make excuses then you can pass blame and feel no remorse/guilt for killing others or yourself. taking responsibility for your own future keeps you out of trouble

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MS91knuzoOA

1. again with the deflection. why can't ethnic people own up to their own mistakes and not make everything about race. i'll take it back to a common parental point of view ... "if a white guy jumped off a bridge. would you do it too?" .. just because some of us are loitering good for nothing freeloaders doesn't mean you have to be one too

2. i get stereotyped/harassed daily too. you should see what they call me on worldstar. pigskin white devil pedo cave monkey dog f*cker sister f*cker etc... it doesn't bother me in the slightest. its only insulting if you believe it to be true

3. how do you know you've been harassed more times in one year/month than i ever have. we don't even know each other. in grade 5 i slacked off a ton and they took me out of school and placed me in a dysfunctional group of juvenile delinquents for a month. came back and they handed me a ritalin pill infront of the other students every day. my reputation was ruined. i was looked at as an outsider. teased daily. lost all my friends. spent every recess slouched in the corner by the door hoping i wouldn't get ganged up on and assaulted. it lasted till grade 9... i was called poor ass cause my parents didn't have any money. my grandfather never gave them a dime and my dad was a cheap skate. i had 1 pair of pants and wore pajama tops to school. i was a twig and never had a lunch. my friends mom had to pack me an extra sandwich. got ridiculed nonstop. i finally got a job at 15 and bought my own stuff. moved out soon after. it didn't ruin me. i worked for over 10 years before i got some inheritance. i didn't commit one single crime during that time. never stole a thing. never blamed my actions on suffering as a child/early teenager.

so never assume white people are born with this magical privilege. never assume you know everything about someone

Banned

is that the laughter of defeat

or is it the laughter at my situation not being comparable

i'll let you explain yourself the way i did

but losing a big chunk of my childhood to me is a fair amount of harassment IMO

a fractured orbital bone, broken nose, broken tooth, hair clipped.. ontop of being overlooked by females until switching schools in grade 9. it went beyond teasing/fights. losing all motivation to succeed in school until i finally got a job and could buy groceries/clothing

i dunno what happened to you. for all i know you were lynched and sodomized/set on fire. who knows

is that the laughter of defeat

or is it the laghter at my situation not being comparable

i'll let you explain yourself the way i did

but losing a big chunk of my childhood to me is a fair amount of harassment IMO

a fractured orbital bone, broken nose, broken tooth, hair clipped.. ontop of being overlooked by females until switching schools in grade 9. it went beyond teasing/fights. losing all motivation to succeed in school until i finally got a job and could buy groceries/clothing

i dunno what happened to you. for all i know you were lynched and sodomized/set on fire. who knows
    Im laughing AT you.

You're clueless.

You're purposely spinning the argument and trying to equate two different situations and they couldn't be further apart.

You can't compare an institutional system created to systematically oppress an entire generation of people to being bullied in class. Are you that idiotic or racist? which one?
    Last edited by andgar923; 02-06-2019 at 09:30 PM.

You cry cause you were being teased at school yet you tell people that have been systematically and historically outcasted to chill?

White privilege at its finest.